July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 12/26

A bit late... 

How are you feeling this week ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 12/26

• Symptoms have subsided so much I feel like I don't get to complain.  Especially since some of you are still throwing up!   I really hope that tapers off soon.  

Mostly, I'm just picky about food and have dull aches in the pelvic region-  my uterus is indeed rising.  I get a bit of indigestion and reflux depending on what I eat.  Also, feeling a bit too tired to lift and dance around with my toddler, which had him complaining a bit.  I'm 13 weeks this week.
  • I'm 12 weeks. I've noticed a lot more headaches. Most of them don't get too bad but I've had a couple bad ones that lasted all day. The Tylenol just seems to cover up a bit of the pain for a couple hours but doesn't get rid of the headache completely. 
    I'm not nearly as nauseated as I had been, but it's still hard to find food that sounds good. I'm trying to work back in healthy foods but I really just want a cheeseburger or other crap all the time.
    I'm also having some RLP - especially when I cough or sneeze. OUCH. 

Oh - and still gagging when I brush my teeth. But it hasn't caused full on vomiting in almost a week!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also still feeling dull aches here and there, and have been picky about food lately too... pushing myself to eat protein when I'm not necessarily craving it. It's a strange feeling to not be hungry but still have a growling stomach/hunger pangs. 

Additionally, I've noticed some white discharge begin this week. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I'm 11+5 and still feeling nauseated all day, but not puking. I would LOVE to know when this will stop! Noticed the beginnings of a linea nigra today!
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • @ginger1228 I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, and I've been getting headaches too. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning I got bad headaches in the morning, but they went away after eating and drinking a little, maybe 1-2 hours later. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the food or not. As for me, my m/s is actually a little worse than it was, but I'm a lot less tired, and a lot less persistently nauseous. But when the nausea and gagging hits, it hits kind of hard. I have to eat almost every hour, and it's absolutely brought on by not eating. But the minute I get hungry is the same minute I get nauseous, so it's making it hard to eat. I kind of have to pre-eat, which annoys me. I used to love food, and now it's become such a chore. Plus, and I'm not really complaining, but in the beginning of my m/s, I didn't want the food I normally have, and I ended up with a ton of convenience food. Now, I want the good food that takes time to cook, which further aggravates my problem. Other than that, the constipation is finally better (probably because I'm eating better), but the RLP is still going full swing, and probably will be, and I'm starting to get leg cramps. Pretty mild, but annoying. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils - I think hunger triggers my headaches too. I usually wake up with a headache as opposed to getting them later in the day.  

I say my nausea is better, but I'm also still taking unisom & B6, so it could just be that. I'm too afraid to stop taking it. It's helped so much. 
  • A lot of time meat and I disagree, so protein is limited. I can't keep all of my meals down, especially in the evening. It's very hit or miss.  I am 11w2d so I'd love it if this would all go away soon.
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited December 2016
    I didn't have morning sickness in the early weeks, but I am 13 weeks tomorrow and I've been feel super nauseated in the morning until I eat something. Also the "slowing down" of my digestive system hasn't seemed to cause too much constipation, just gas and occasional diarrhea. The exhaustion comes and goes, and I definitely feel more picky about certain foods. 

ETA: does anyone else get shortness of breath/racing heart after doing the most minor thing? I woke up two nights in a row to go to the bathroom and when I laid back down in bed I felt winded and uncomfortable. Eventually I felt normal again and was able to go back to sleep. So strange. 
  • @kat0607 Yes!!! Every time I get up to pee in the middle of the night, I'm practically panting when I lay back down!
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • I feel so much better this week! I'm 10w3d today and I have been able to keep up with my older children this week! Finally! My exhaustion is so much better, I've been able to spend the day at Sea World without feeling like I was going to die and yesterday I took my girls shopping and to the movies for most of the day and I still had energy to make dinner when we got home. Major win! But I do get up at least 2 times each night to pee, which is super annoying. 2 nights ago, I think I was up 4 times!
    Jenn, mama to Big K (6/05) and Little K (5/07) and stepmama to Midde K (11/05)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still really tired. I've noticed an uptick in headaches lately. Nausea has tapered off, but still comes back if I go too long without eating. And holy shnikey, the constipation! It's gotten to the point of needing Colace or Dulcolax and/or massive amounts of prune juice.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I've started...sleepwalking?  I woke up this morning in different PJs than the ones I wore to bed.  Super weird.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just feeling generally miserable. Queasiness, headaches, indigestion, and achy. Exhaustion is on 100 with the other symptoms being milder but they won't let up at all. Come on 2nd trimester! 10 weeks today !
  • @Xath i would totally freak if I woke up in new pajamas and did it in my sleep!! Lol. Hopefully that won't be a habit for you the entire pregnancy ;)

my symptoms seem to be getting worse! I'm pretty miserable. Ladies...I'm so tired that I'm currently sitting in a chair I found at the gap. I have a dr appointment soon but I'm in the city so I thought "hey I'll just wait in a Starbucks" but it's high tourist season in ny, so there's literally nowhere w open seats. Lo and behold...a chair in the gap. I will sit here until they kick me out.
    i am also experiencing a serious increase in vomiting. I thought this was supposed to improve at around 12 weeks?

@leilac linea negra- I'm waiting to see something like that. I can't wait for more outward physical symptoms! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • you guys. We moved into this house a little over a year ago and we've never had problems so I know it's me and not the toilet.... I clogged the toilet this morning!! This happened with my last pregnancy, too - I literally clogged the toilet with every BM. While a quick google search shows this isn't that uncommon, I really just want to find a solution to these toilet clogging poops - I drink about 100oz of water a day, Dulcolax every night along with probiotics, fish oil, and prenatal vitamins that say they don't cause constipation... I drink that psyllium husk stuff every other day and I take a magnesium citrate supplement maybe every other day. My BM should be regular, soft, and flow right through the toilet! 

Okay, sorry for the rant. This is a symptom I don't really feel like I can share with people in conversation, so you guys are kind of it for me. :neutral:
  • @satsumasandlemons it sounds like you're doing everything you can to NOT clog the toilet. I wish I had some sage wisdom for you but I guess u need to just keep a plunger handy! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Most of my symptoms I was struggling with are completely gone! They have been replaced with RLP and heartburn. It's crazy how early it is for these for me (usually have a few more months before these hit), but I'm happy to be so dang close to the 2nd trimester!!!
    (13+2 today). 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• OMG the heartburn is killing meeeeee. I need my tums within reach at all times and zantac twice daily and then it is bearable but not completely gone :-/
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ginger1228 I haven't taken medicine, but I got sea bands around 6 weeks (the first morning I woke up with bad nausea I woke my husband at 6:30 and begged him to go get me some). I haven't taken them off since, except to shower. I still don't know if they actually work, but I'm terrified to take them off. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I'm feeling pretty normal. I tell DH every day I don't feel pregnant at all. It's both wonderful and mentally challenging to feel no symptoms. There is bloat for sure, especially towards the end of the day, so my stomach is distended more than usual, and I've gained weight, but other than that, no physical symptoms. I still hate all people though....so the irritability factor is high for me. 
  • @ginger1228 I've had the same problem with gagging while brushing my teeth, it hasn't continued into this week yet for me!

I spent the last couple of days miserable from being constipated. This has been a reoccurring problem for me. Now today I keep getting this sick to my stomach feeling like I'm going to be running to the bathroom any minute. I guess my body can't make up its mind. 
  • I'm also still feeling dull aches here and there, and have been picky about food lately too... pushing myself to eat protein when I'm not necessarily craving it. It's a strange feeling to not be hungry but still have a growling stomach/hunger pangs. 

Additionally, I've noticed some white discharge begin this week. 
    Ohhhh the discharge. Mine has made a reappearance this week also. Last time I think I wore a liner from 14 weeks until I gave birth, when I basically wore diapers or some kind of pad for 8 weeks afterwards. 
  • I have another damn cold. So now when I wake up I cough so much that I dry heave because my nausea is still hanging around. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• 13 weeks here
    Yes - the gagging while brushing thing - this is not normal for me and just recently started... annoying!
    RLP every few days
    Continued hip/ankle pain from not being able to get comfortable while sleeping most nights. Ugh I hope I don't have to resort to sleeping in a chair for the next few months...
    All the discharge...
    Stomach getting pushed up into diaphragm already - a) makes me shorter of breath and b) makes me want to puke if I squish it at the wrong angle after eating...
    I feel like I want to eat more often, but I can't eat too much at a time because of the above.

Good news - boobs are way less tender - nipples have gotten a little more tender again though go figure. Also, I definitely have more energy than I did a few weeks ago. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • I'm on an emotional roller coaster. I had a couple of meltdowns or just get angry really suddenly. DH has been really patient even when I flip out at him. 

Is anyone else having really vivid and weird dreams?

Other than that, just the usual bloating and constantly feeling tired. 

• 10w 5d and starting to get some relief. I'm not exhausted, but this is DH's week off so I've been able to sleep in or nap and have him run around with DS which also helped. The nausea isn't gone but getting better! Bloat is still out and about, but I blame that on the carbs I've been surviving off of. Time to get back on track with eating now that I can stomach cooking and eating healthier foods. 
  • 12 weeks 1 day. Nausea at dinner time is back. Haven't been able to really eat dinner since Saturday. Insomnia. Woke up at 4:30am today and can't go back to sleep (hence me replying at 5:40!). Shortness of breath is out of control! Can't even walk up stairs without panting!
  • @Cynth0104  I haven't eaten much dinner since my BFP.  I'm managing during the day alright, but dinner time is a no-go.  And the smell of anything cooking is the worst.  Poor DH has been such a trooper.
  • @chiquita928, I was this was until about a week ago. Got a few days where I ate...then back to nothing. Ugh! 
  • With DS, it was similar.  We ate a LOT of pizza for 9 months.  I am really hoping to get back to eating real food and meat again this time.  I hate not cooking dinner and eating crap all of the time.
  • Still insanely tired.  I generally didn't have any other symptoms.  My app tells me I'm into my second trimester so I'm seriously hoping this exhaustion wears off soon because I have been unable to do anything other than mandatory chores around the house haha! 

Headaches when I wake up is a new symptom.  Almost daily but they subside fairly quickly so I can't complain.  If it persists I just take a Tylenol.  Food aversions ... I still have to pick dinner very carefully when I leave in the morning haha! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @Twinkiedoll Yes to the freaky weird dreams.  Thankfully I haven't had any weird sex dreams yet lol.

So I'm currently in the ER with freaking food poisoning, woof.  Thankfully baby seems a-ok but I was getting dehydrated from 12 hrs of constant grossness (tmi but think both ends at the same time).

Nothing more humbling than shitting your pants at your parents' house in front of everyone, yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy That happened to me when I was 9 months pregnant with our first.  My husband said he knew in that moment that if what he saw then wouldn't make him leave me, nothing would. ;)  Feel better!
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @satsumasandlemons OMG I feel your pain! I've clogged our toilet on multiple occasions... this is getting ridiculous! I read that it could be prenatals, but I've been taking them since June so I know that's not it. I finally had one "normal" bm yesterday... I hope things are turning around for me! Fx the same is around the corner for you.

Other than that, nothing too terrible. Boobs are slightly sore, especially when I change positions at night. Insomnia still comes and goes. But still no ms, aversions or exhaustion... hopefully my body isn't just holding out for a terrible second tri!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @Twinkiedoll Yes to the freaky weird dreams.  Thankfully I haven't had any weird sex dreams yet lol.

So I'm currently in the ER with freaking food poisoning, woof.  Thankfully baby seems a-ok but I was getting dehydrated from 12 hrs of constant grossness (tmi but think both ends at the same time).

Nothing more humbling than shitting your pants at your parents' house in front of everyone, yay!

Omg I've been suffering with food poosoning for 36 hrs now! Should I really be going to the ER??

So sorry it hit you too :( 6 of my family members got it at the same time!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Ok...I have a question for the STM+ crowd. How do you tell the difference between baby flutterings and gas?
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I'm 12 weeks 5 days today and I feel like I get worse as each week passes. The only meal I can keep down is breakfast and I just started getting heartburn every night since Christmas Eve. Last night was the worst. Tums were not cutting it. I know my triggers so I'll have to be a little careful. I also have no appetite for anything. I eat what I can and hope it will stay down long enough for my body to digest some of it. 
  • @satsumasandlemons OMG I feel your pain! I've clogged our toilet on multiple occasions... this is getting ridiculous! I read that it could be prenatals, but I've been taking them since June so I know that's not it. I finally had one "normal" bm yesterday... I hope things are turning around for me! Fx the same is around the corner for you.

Other than that, nothing too terrible. Boobs are slightly sore, especially when I change positions at night. Insomnia still comes and goes. But still no ms, aversions or exhaustion... hopefully my body isn't just holding out for a terrible second tri!
    @RunRestRepeat so last night i took two dulcolax pills (i usually take one/night) and had a glorious, normal-for-me-when-not-pregnant bm this morning! 

Same here re: ms, aversions, and boobs, but still exhausted. Starting to really miss TV! 
  • @Poppyseed72017 sorry your symptoms are getting worse - that sucks!  Tums are for babies.  It sounds like it's time to get on Zantac - I was on them since second trimester last pregnancy.  Let your midwife/Doctor know - and see what they recommend.
  • The nausea has stopped (I think). Blood sugar is stupid but I'm finding it's better with my plexus. My boobs feel like I'm having a let down at random times, like they get super heavy but it doesn't hurt. My abdomen around my scar is still hurting and getting worse, I can only wear maternity pants, scrubs, or leggings/sweat pants otherwise I can't stand the pain. At my 20 week US they will know is I have accretia or not.