February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 12/27/16

Re: Symptoms Thread 12/27/16

• Ugh, guys, I swelled up last night - both feet and ankles. I am hoping it was just because I walked too much yesterday, but either way it's not good.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Gretchypoo that sounds like stress! I discovered last pregnancy hold stress in my jaw and now make a conscious effort to release it in a regular basis. Especially when going to bed - I clench it unintentionally and have to make my self open my mouth and relax my face. Try it!

@MrsLittleMac slather yourself with lotion and see if it helps! It's dry skin season and hot water will make that worse. + it sounds like you're not drinking enough water bc of the heartburn. Drink up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies! I will for sure get a mouth guard-- the cheapo ones are a great idea! And I'm sure it is stress. It was worst over Christmas.
  • +1 to teeth grinding, but that's not a pregnancy symptom for me - I've ground my teeth at night for years. I tried using cheap drugstore mouth guards, but they irritate my gums (they go up higher than the dental ones). I have a dental guard, and it's lasted 4.5 years so far. I was sure that the dentist would tell me I needed a new one at my last appointment, but they said it was still in decent shape. For me, the dental one was totally worth the cost (I think I paid $130 after insurance), but then again, I've had the same one for years.

On another note, I got a cold sore last week that is still lingering. I've gotten them occasionally for as long as I remember (I couldn't eat anything with red food coloring as a kid or I would get a really bad one), but it had been a few years. Usually when I feel one coming on I just take a shitload of l-lysine pills and it keeps it from getting bad, but oral l-lysine isn't safe in pregnancy. I'm using a topical anti-viral cream, which seems to be helping it go away faster, but I HATE cold sores.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My fingers swelled so much that now I can't get my ring off :(

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @scifichick09 you have to try that string trick that was all over Facebook for a while!!! 
  • Ankles swelling here. I work retail, so it's been happening daily, but today, they are already swelled, and it's only 11:30  :#
  • My fingers also go numb randomly. Sometimes I wake up and my fingers are just numb.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• tishb said:
    Ankles swelling here. I work retail, so it's been happening daily, but today, they are already swelled, and it's only 11:30  :#
    work retail also (two jobs in retail) last week my ankles swelled up so bad. thankfully I have these last two days off, that I'm able to recover but I'll be back at it tomorrow! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My fingers swelled so much that now I can't get my ring off :(
    I almost couldn't get mine off on Monday, after a few hours of shopping.  Think I might be done with them till LO comes...  Hope you figure out a way to get them off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @homemake - I get 12 weeks paid maternity which is essentially short term disability, 4 weeks after that of paid child bonding time, and an additional 8 unpaid weeks of child bonding after that. So at the very least I will be taking the 4 months paid off, but I'd love to take all 6 months if we can swing it. I will try to play it by how I feel at 36 weeks and what my Dr thinks is best. It somewhat makes me feel better when I'm aching at work that I might only have until 36 weeks before I can be home resting instead of dragging my ass to work lol, if that makes sense.    

• I gots me some awesome restless leg syndrome.

@Xstatic3333 rest assured you're not alone. I crave the smell of exhaust in car washes and the egg refrigerator section at the grocery store. I have vehemently hated H's habit of chewing ice for the last seven years and now find myself chewing one giant cup a day. The stuff at our cafeteria is the bomb dot com and I'm certain everyone around me hates me. Pregnancy is so weird and sometimes embarrassing. 
  • I've been having lots of BH too. Which is really not comfy and unexpected since I never had any with my first pregnancy either @Starfish113. And my BH definitely seem to happen more if I let my bladder get full @becbec28. I do ok if I don't stand or walk much and try to do bathroom breaks before noticing I have to go. But I worry about dealing with this for another ~7 weeks. Eek!

My symphaseal pubis pain though has gotten better. At its worst, it felt like I had ridden a horse too long and then got kicked in the crotch. But keeping my pelvis really squared/balanced has helped. I try not to stand on one foot (sit down to put pants or socks on), don't cross my legs, don't lay on my side without a pillow between my knees, etc.
  • poofwokpoofwok member
    edited December 2016
    You guys, I'm so tired. I actually sleep
    through the night most nights too. How am I going to get through 5 more weeks of work in zombie mode?
    I feel you @Xstatic3333. I get up to pee and take my son's temperature at least once a night (he had no fever last night.I think he may finally be kicking this mono's ass, woohoo!) I'm pretty exhausted too. Like I usually do both at the same time so it's no biggie but I wake up for the day feeling like I barely slept at all! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @Xstatic3333 I'm with you. I sleep from about 9:30 to 5:30 and I am not one to snooze the alarm, ever. I have been hitting snooze every morning for like 2 weeks. Then I am dragging ass all day and just about fall asleep at my desk. I think I am going to function solely on coffee come PP when I can have more than a cup.
  • Yeah I have a minimum of 8 weeks left if she comes on her due date, up to 10 if she decides to hang out in there longer. I seriously don't know where I'm going to get the energy!
  • I have definitely been taking it easy this week.  DH has been working half days...  And, when I wake up to see him off, I take at least 1.5 hour+ nap to make up for it.  I might need to start going to bed at 7 p.m. when I need to be in the office again.  Luckily, my only work goal for the next two months is to make sure someone there can do my basic functions for a few months.  They can probably figure everything else out without me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been so tired no matter how much I sleep at night too. I don't care about anything at work but I made a list of a few semi-important things to have done before I leave. After last night, I'm doing the whole list today just in case. And I'm moody (because I'm so tired) so I'm really annoyed with my boss right now and I'm so glad I have a long weekend away from him. Then for the 3 weeks in January I'm taking the whole day off when I have appointments because I need some down time before she gets here. #notsorryatall
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• +1 to being tired all the damn time. It hit about a week ago - I am falling asleep at my desk by 3 every day. I was having a hard time staying awake past 8 last night, which is unusual for me... Looking forward to a 3-day weekend and being able to sleep a little more!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm officially having to get up twice a night to pee now instead of just once. I think that is contributing to my exhaustion... 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I'm officially having to get up twice a night to pee now instead of just once. I think that is contributing to my exhaustion... 
    Good lord, only twice sounds amazing. I've been at 4-5 pees a night since maybe September. 
    Same
  • CornchipLACornchipLA member
    edited December 2016
    I got the weakness/dizzy spells today.  Totally clammy and almost passed out at Costco.  Was so weak it was all I could do to get to the car without dropping.  Even passed up my beloved Costco dog.   I think I was too hot in there.  Hope that is all it was.  
  • homemake said:
    I'm officially having to get up twice a night to pee now instead of just once. I think that is contributing to my exhaustion... 
    Good lord, only twice sounds amazing. I've been at 4-5 pees a night since maybe September. 
    Same
    Same! How are you only getting up only twice??
  • So I guess only getting up to pee once in the night is not common? I always wake up between 1-2am to pee, and usually that's it - at least on weekdays, when I am up at 6:30am to get ready for work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My normal pattern has become fall asleep on the couch at 8:30 or 9:00, roused by my H and moved to bedroom after a pee break at 11:00, and then woken up by the dog to pee again at 5:30. The natural breaks tend to keep me from waking up additional times. 
  • So jealous of you guys only peeing once or twice a night! Add me to the 4-5 club 
  • 2-3 times a night to pee, plus my 6 year old has apparently forgotten how to sleep through the night. 
  • Add me to the 0-1 times a night to pee club.  I usually go a few times right before bed though to make it that far.  I tend to drink the majority of my water in the am and really trail off later in the day.  I have always been this way and when I don't have a baby head rightness by my bladder I can often hold a liter in my bladder.  Probably not the best but results in great sleep!

• I wake up at 1 and 4 am literally almost on the dot to pee every night. Sometimes if I'm lucky I skip the 1 am. So not terrible! 

Anyone else have terrible upper back pain? It's like on the inside of my right shoulder blade. It starts in the evening and I have trouble even walking around. So random! 
  • I'm also in the once a night peeing club. Pre-baby I had an iron bladder, not so much any more! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm right up with the other ladies peeing at least 4-5 times per night. Makes the morning shifts at work suuuuck. I'm also +1 on the tired all the time train, but I've mostly chalked that up to my interrupted sleep.
    I think my main new symptom is cramping around my pelvic bone. I have to do a lot of crouching at work getting into cupboards and loading/unloading a dishwasher, makes it hella worse. My manager is doing her best to get me on lighter duty but she says she can't do much unless she wants to slash my hours which would butcher my EI for Maternity Leave :/
  • I don't even know how many times I get up during the night anymore. I've just resigned myself to the idea that i get between 1.5-2hrs at a time and I am just training for when the baby is here. 

I think he's dropped or dropped some. I can't really tell if my stomach is lower, but the amount of pressure down low has definitely increased and every time I stand up after laying or sitting I feel like I have been kicked in the vagina. 

That is currently my biggest complaint. It hurts to walk. I can't imagine feeling this way for 6-8more weeks
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @krob same with the walking. I went to the mall with my mom yesterday-- omg. Nope. No more.