April 2017 Moms

Randoms (12/27)

there wasn't a randoms/chatter thread on page 1 so I figured I'd start a new one. 

Man, there is absolutely nothing in the world like your own bed. Especially when almost 6 mos pregnant. I spent the last 5 nights at my mom's sleeping on a futon thing. So uncomfortable compared to my bed with my body pillow. I am so excited to be back in my bed tonight. 
DD #1: April 2017
DD #2: May 2020
Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

Re: Randoms (12/27)

• So true about your own bed, although DH hates our bed and refuses to replace it because he's cheap.

I got some alone Target shopping time tonight. Camelbak water bottles are on sale, so I got one for each of us. Toddler pants were also 20% off.
  • Loading the player...
  • @cafedisco I agree too! Aside from my husband, the only adults I will give more than a card to is my two best friends. We've created a tradition since we live in different cities to get together twice a year and celebrate our mutual "birthmas" celebrations (Christmas/birthday) with a small gift. It's been a nice way to keep in touch but we may not even do that after baby is here. 
  • @catem07 I totally agree! I am worried because we are moving soon and our new house isn't ready so we will be living with my parents for the last 3 months or so of my pregnancy. I am dreading not having my own bed at this already uncomfortable time!
  • @thecavfamily I had never noticed it until I posted but the photo! Looks like we both have something to pay attention to in the weeks ahead  :D
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @belocin I didn't know her name was Heidi!!

Also, I kind of "stalk" the HDBD pictures for cool things in the background  :D
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Prayers and good thoughts headed your way @teamla did they give you an IV of fluids or anything? 
  • @teamla From my experience, most cramping is caused by either dehydration or over-exertion...take it easy for a few days and stay hydrated!! The fact that there are no cervical changes is a good thing. Hang in there!! Thinking of you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. They suggested dehydration too but no, no IV and I've been fairly good with water. I'm ramping that up now obviously. Could also be a bug, or "irritable uterus" (???), or of course, my uterus getting ready. I'm just hoping it goes away soon or at least doesn't progress, and there's no bleeding. 
  • @KirstinH88 , I like the idea of two threads as well! Also, I cannot believe we are even talking about this!!!!!  :o

I am having trouble sleeping and I think it's because I toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable. Does anyone have a pregnancy pillow that has helped them get some zzz's?? Opinions? Thoughts? Sympathy?? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omie_Wise said:
    @KirstinH88 , I like the idea of two threads as well! Also, I cannot believe we are even talking about this!!!!!  :o
    I know!!! It's really happening guys! Some of the mamas in this group only have 3 more months (or less!)
  • That is a good point about us being on the smaller side. That probably would actually be doable. 

@Omie_Wise I bought the snoogle mini. It's small enough to be comfortable and not overhwhelm my queen sized bed, but big enough to support me, reduce heartburn, and keep me in one spot all night. 
  • 13 weeks til April 1st!!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @thecavfamily omg you'd think someone would be like, maybe this outfit isn't the best choice with that bra...lol that's hilarious. 

@teamla hopefully it's just the dehydration and it eases up soon! I know I can get some if I'm not drinking enough water or if I've really over-done it sometimes. 

My random, and hopefully I haven't missed this before in other threads--I don't get a lot of time on here to read as much as I'd like! A coworker told me the other day that when her sister was pregnant (about 1yr ago), she heard that bras with underwire can restrict milk from coming in when the baby is born. This came up bc I was telling another friend about how I've been wearing a nursing bra since like 12w because my regulars bras were so uncomfortable and I couldn't take it anymore. Has anyone heard this before? Asking because I'm just really curious and never heard anything like it before lol. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • @ashleym112 I had never heard that before! Wonder if there is any truth to it. Underwire is all I wear....
  • @ashleym112 I had never heard that before! Wonder if there is any truth to it. Underwire is all I wear....
    same.  Maybe i should start going commando the last couple of days before my scheduled c-section?  Last time it took like 3 days for milk to start coming in, and that's because I was using the machine trying to suck out whatever was in there.
  • @ashleym112 I had also heard that underwire isn't suggested for nursing moms but my chest size is large enough that I needed support so I wore underwire up to delivery then had underwire in my nursing bras. I was able to nurse for 15 months so I wasn't impacted. Having said that, it's a prevalent enough comment that there must be some truth behind it. 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ashleym112 I've heard of the underwire thing inhibiting glandular tissue growth. I wore underwires till I delivered and had low supply, but there were a LOT of other factors too. I'd definitely buy the clogged duct thing though, those are literally a pain!