February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 12/27/16

Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
edited December 2016 in February 2017 Moms
What ails ya?

Re: Symptoms Thread 12/27/16

• My back and the heartburn. Oh the heartburn. If I thought I had heartburn a couple months ago, I had no idea what's up. It's to the point where it hurts to breathe, wakes me up from my much needed sleep, and Tums isn't working. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some serious leg pain. It's a mix of what feels like growing pains and first-workout-of-track- season pains. Also I woke up in the middle of the night extremely nauseas and it hasn't gone away really.
  • Loading the player...
  • @MLRocha Add me to that edition! 
  • I've had fainting episodes twice this week from overheating. (Baby and I are both fine) midwife wasn't concerned in the slightest other than to make sure to always sit when getting dizzy to avoid a fall.
    --ppl always say being pregnant in the summer heat is worse-but I did fine with DD being able to sit in the shade or go inside to AC when feeling too warm. Everyone pumping their heat inside this winter is going to be the death of me. 
  • Hip pain has now struck all day. My right hip is just driving me crazy today. My back started aching a few days ago, and now it's got to the point my husband can tell it's hurting me by the look on my face. He'll say why don't you lay back on the couch and relax. My stomach started aching too... maybe the stomach and back aches are from baby dropping? Or just putting on more weight idk. I've started constant whining the last few days from all these pains, and it's gotten me so irritable and grumpy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awful RLP mixed with Sciatica... walking is so much fun  :s
  • @kswiger06 my hip pain is something awful as well. I don't remember it being this bad with my other pregnancies, but then again, if I remembered half this stuff, I might not have gotten knocked up again anyway. ;-) 
    I think this might be similar to how feeling old is. Joints aching, stiff back, etc. Also, baby is kicking my internal organs and it hurts.

• Headaches, all day every day. And my bladder has been reduced to the size of a shot glass so I pee constantly. 
  • Is there such a thing as... like... indigestion contractions...? That's the best I got to try to describe it. For the last 30 mins or so I've been getting some sort of contraction because I can feel the tightening. It feels different than my BH or crampiness. It feels like I have indigestion or gas or something. They are the most painful I have felt but not painful enough to stop talking or walking and they aren't timeable that I can tell. Is this a normal thing or am I overthinking it orrrrr just gas haha? FTM for the win
  • foxrosy said:
    Errything ails me. 
    Groin pain like a mofo, walking is just like-No
    Heartburn in the middle of the night
    Back pain
    Contractions
    Overall bump discomfort
    The raging need to pee
    The dribbling pee
    My breasts can actually lie on my bump-Sexy
    Shortness of breath
    Fatigue
    Over it!!!!

^^^ What she said! Does anyone else get BH if they don't pee "soon enough"? I've been getting BH a lot more over the weekend and I noticed if I got one and went to the bathroom it went away. Maybe just coincidence?

All I know is I'm exhausted after this weekend and everything is uncomfortable. Plus, she has been kicking/hitting me in my hipbones and it definitely does not feel nice!

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• I don't know if it's BH or not, but if I let my bladder get too full it does hurt and will continue to be sore for a while even after I've emptied my bladder.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @scifichick09 Yeah, I've definitely had that too. Usually at night when I don't feel like getting up but have to lol.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @becbec28 I have been getting BH every time I don't pee and my bladder gets too full. My MW says it's pretty normal!
  • Back pain, gas, hip and leg pain, contractions, insomnia, dizzyness, and baby dropped on Xmas Eve so now I am peeing even more constantly and I get such a heavy pressure from her being down low. I am also officially a turtle and need help getting up most of the time unless I can grab on something to hoist myself up. 
  • It definitely hurts like crazy if I go too long without peeing! I still wouldn't say it feels recognizable as BH, though. There's nothing rhythmic to it. If I don't start recognizing them soon, I'm going to be afraid that I'll be one of those speshul snowflakes who doesn't notice she's in labor until she's crowning.  
  • @Xstatic3333 - I fear the same lol. I know when I get BH tightening pains, but then I also get a heavy pressure down lower, and also a really tight feeling on only one side but I think that is baby girl jamming her butt into my belly and sometimes I get a mild hip cramping too...so all the different sensations trip me up. 

• Sciatica pain. 
    Heartburn. 
    Lightening crotch. 
    Bh. There seems to be an endless list really. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2016
    I have been having radical heartburn, and lots of back/vag/RLP pain.

Last night, I dreamed I was having heartburn, only to wake up at 1 AM with the worst case I have had to date. I had to get up for zantac before I could go back to sleep.

ETA: Also, have any of you been having pain just all in your pelvis? I can't tell if it's just added pressure all day, but by bed time, it all hurts down there. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I have been having radical heartburn, and lots of back/vag/RLP pain.

Last night, I dreamed I was having heartburn, only to wake up at 1 AM with the worst case I have had to date. I had to get up for zantac before I could go back to sleep.

ETA: Also, have any of you been having pain just all in your pelvis? I can't tell if it's just added pressure all day, but by bed time, it all hurts down there. 
    I often feel like I've been punched in the crotch. Is that what you mean?
  • I keep waking up to sore hands and numb fingers. My mom was like "oh yeah, that's just pregnancy carpel tunnel from swelling. I had it with you." and I'm like "WAT. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THIS ANYWHERE. WHY." 

Plus my hands and wrists don't even look swollen? So why? How...?
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Lightening crotch has gotten real.  I feel it most when I'm trying to hoist myself out of bed.  This kid has also taken to jabbing her foot in a soft spot on my side.   It is so uncomfortable.  I've reached the point where complete strangers look at me with a sad smile and say "How ya feeling?".  
  • I had heartburn/reflux so bad that I woke up thinking I had strep. Went to urgent care and the dr said it looked like strep (swelling, very red), but I was already on antibiotics so that isn't it. Its actually so much acid splashing up as I sleep that it is damaging my throat. So now im on two reflux meds. 
  • +1 to tingly hands all. the. time. :anguished:
    No BH thankfully but I do get that period crampy feeling pretty regularly.

I had some feet swelling this week but mostly bc I worked myself too hard.

Feeling huge.
  • LinnyAnne10LinnyAnne10 member
    edited December 2016
    Ankles swelling, hip pain, back pain, tingling feet, headaches, always so tired, and heartburn. 

**edit**
    Oh and swelling in the vagina area still and it hurts horrible too
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Starfish113 I get a ton of BH too. :( I'm not sure what irritable uterus is either (lol) but I'm glad there was no concern of labor for you  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been getting a ton of BH also....last night after work I had them so frequently I was preparing for real labor to start and didn't get an ounce of sleep.  
  • They suck! They hurt so bad I have to stop and breathe through them. I swear I never even had one when I was pregnant with DD. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MommaBean Kind of! It is so weird, it's hard to describe. It's just really, really sore down there. Almost like saddle sore! Minus all the fun horseback riding.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • BH that are so painful, often, and long that I'very questioned whether I should go in to be checked multiple times

Pelvic Girdle Pain--I've had to use the motorized carts just to be able to endure a Wal-Mart trip complete with judging looks and remarks from strangers...
  • I'm thinking of starting my mat leave at the start of my work week where I turn 36 weeks.....with the back aches and BH and just being so tired, work is becoming a real chore. I don't want to go out now and lose all that extra time with my LO, so I am hoping to hold off until then. I don't know if it is because I am carrying low now and I am a very short person at only 4'10'' that is making it extra hard for me. Plus the Dr said baby girl has extra long legs, to the point of being aw-worthy, which she clearly doesn't get from me lol.  
  • Anyone else grinding their teeth at night? I am waking up with a sore jaw and now my jaw is clicking when I chew and making my ear pop... no fun. 

Dr. Google says it is the hormones making my jaw relax more than normal. Anyone else with me?
  • @Gretchypoo I don't notice it much at night, but am constantly catching myself holding tension in my jaw during the day. Not sure if it's because of BH, or the difficulty walking without pain, or what, but it's definitely annoying.

+1 to really bad heartburn and reflux as well, it's been extremely challenging to make myself eat and drink enough because I'm afraid of the acid.

The one that takes the cake right now though is the ITCH. My belly, my back, the backs of my shoulders, behind my knees, and the outsides of my feet. It strikes at night and I cannot get comfortable, so far the only thing that helps is extremely hot water to deaden the nerves in a particular area. I'm guessing it's from all the swelling and rapid weight gain the last couple of weeks, but sheesh! Might see if my Dr. can recommend anything to make it stop at my next appt.
  • @Gretchypoo I've been grinding my teeth for years and I've noticed it is worse now than it used to be. The dental mouth guards are so expensive and I kept grinding through them at a rate that amazed my dentist (like they were rated for 3 years and I had ground holes in them in 3 months) so now I just buy the cheap sports mouth guards from like Walmart or Target and replace them every couple months. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @blondepeanut how much leave do you have? You could potentially be waiting for baby for anywhere from 4-6 weeks! I'm sorry you're in so much pain that's got to make work so difficult. 
  • @Gretchypoo I've been grinding my teeth for years and I've noticed it is worse now than it used to be. The dental mouth guards are so expensive and I kept grinding through them at a rate that amazed my dentist (like they were rated for 3 years and I had ground holes in them in 3 months) so now I just buy the cheap sports mouth guards from like Walmart or Target and replace them every couple months. 
    I grind my teeth too and was suggested a mouth guard at my last appointment. It didn't occur to me to go looking for some at Walmart. I'll be doing just that and saving myself a ton of money. My dental insurance doesn't cover the one they would give me and I'm not interested in paying a fortune. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14