November 2016 Moms

Rash - what do you think?

Of course this happens over Christmas break while my pediatrician's office is closed - this rash started a week ago and has gotten progressively worse throughout the week. What do you guys think? Baby acne? It started on her neck and spread to her shoulders, cheeks and chest (in that order). 

I don't think it's her soap or detergent, since it's not anywhere else on her body... 

She has no fever or any signs of discomfort, doesn't seem to bother her. I don't want to take her to emergency unless it's worth the risk of exposing her to god knows what at the hospital and her doctor only comes back from vacation Friday December 30th.
Me: 33 | DH: 34
TTC #1 Oct 2015
BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
TTC #2 since Mar 2017
DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

Re: Rash - what do you think?

• It's baby acne. My LO has it too. It comes and goes. Pediatrician told me not to put anything on it just wipe down with a warm wash cloth and dry a few times a day. Some days it looks worse than others so don't worry if that happens
  • I may sound crazy but put some breastmilk on a patch a few times and see if it clears it up. Takes care of it on my LO. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with others seems like baby acne to me, mine gets it on his cheeks but had it all over when first born. Try the breastmilk thing too 
  • My LO has a rash that's similar and the pediatrician said it was heat rash from sweating too much. I usually bundle him up at night and that's probably when he's sweating too much. Doc said to just leave it alone and try to keep him cooler. 
  • edited December 2016
    @MrsMaryK2016 that was my first guess but it's below freezing here and I'm having a hard time keeping her bedroom above 68 degrees so I have her in fleece sleeper and a sleep sack... maybe it's too much?? God it's so hard to know how to keep them warm when their hands and cheeks are so cold!!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• @MrsMaryK2016 that was my first guess but it's below freezing here and I'm having a hard time keeping her bedroom above 68 degrees so I have her in fleece sleeper and a sleep sack... maybe it's too much?? God it's so hard to know how to keep them warm when their hands and cheeks are so cold!!
    My LO bedroom is the cold one in the house. Our thermostat is at 70 but his room is 65/66 during day and can be 62 at night (I couldn't believe it when I saw it).  He wears a onesie and fleece swaddle and always seems warm. When he was sleeping being held (i.e. Laying on H in same outfit and a blanket over) he would feel almost sweaty so I think the colder room works for him in the fleece swaddle 
  • I'm relieved to hear some of you are also having trouble with the temp in LO's room. We have the thermostat at 75 and his room reads 68-70 degrees at most... old houses can be an issue with consistent temperatures. If we're all in the same ballpark of temps and they're all OK, then we must be good!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • I read something about checking their chest for a more accurate check on whether they seem hot or cold. If their chest is cold, they need more clothing, if sweaty or too warm layers off. I hate when my boy's hands are cold too, but he seems to be sweaty all the time! 
  • I think he's actually sleeping better without the extra sleepsack layer. Granted, I live in Florida and it's 80 outside so it's air conditioning and ceiling fans that are making him cold but I just put him down in a regular sleeper and he seems totally fine.