February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of December 26

Squeezing in one last appointment in 2016? Give us the deets here!

Re: Appointments: Week of December 26

• Hope all goes well @chef'swife. I just have a prenatal visit on Tuesday. But since my husband is on vacation (from work), he's excited to come and hear the baby's heartbeat for the few seconds my doc listens to it.
  • Loading the player...
  • 32week appointment on Wednesday and will redo the elective 4D. She was already pretty squished 2  weeks ago so I'm not getting my hopes up for this one. 
  • Best wishes to you @chef'swife!

32-week appointment for me on Wednesday morning.  I'm going to ask about what we can do about the significantly increased sciatic pain - I'm not optimistic there's much we can do about it, because the PT that works with my OB's practice takes several weeks to get into, but I might as well ask.  And I'm a little concerned that my weight gain has stalled entirely over the last 4 weeks, so I guess I'll be asking the doc to take a close look at that.  But otherwise, I'm hoping for another unexciting checkup.
  • Doctor's appointment Wednesday - hope to finally compile some of my questions and remember to ask them...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have an u/s on Thursday!

good luck @chef'swife!
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @chef'swife Goodluck on thursday!! I can't wait to hear back that everything went perfect! 

I have a regular appointment on Wednesday. There shouldn't be anything exciting going on, unless there's a concern.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Regular appointment tomorrow (turn, baby, turn!) and a hospital tour on Thursday. H came with me to a MFM appointment last week in the same tower as the birthing center, and was a little freaked to learn that the only other department on the same floor as MFM is the NICU. So it will be nice to see the rest of the BC (though I assured him that it's an amazing NICU, so if for whatever reason we do end up needing it, we're in great hands). 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • 34 week c/u tomorrow. Hoping for a good BP reading! They've been fine at Rite Aid so I'm not too worried. I'll ask some questions about my birth plan as well. Also hoping for a head down baby, but based on movement I'm pretty optimistic. 
  • Thursday I have my first bpp and nst, followed by an appt with my ob.
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 35 week appointment on Wednesday morning with an ultrasound to see how big she is and a cervix check. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Good luck @chef'swife, hope all goes well for you both! Xxx
  • Thinking of you, @chef'swife! Can't wait for the update. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck @chef'swife!
  • I have an appointment on Wednesday and I'm anxious to talk with a doctor this time...  Since Friday, I've been getting these headaches and general tiredness/weakness (not sure the best way to explain it).  Plus, today, we were shopping for a long time and I had a panicked moment when I almost couldn't get my rings off my fingers...  I think part of it is pushing too hard and am hoping it's not my blood pressure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Best of luck @chef'swife !

I've got a 31 week midwife appointment tomorrow. Nothing exciting I don't think.
  • Best of luck @chef'swife!  Keep us posted of course! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck! @chef'swife can't wait for some pictures of your little one!
    I have a 32 week check up on 12/30
  • 34 week check up tomorrow. I'm seeing the midwife who made a comment about my weight about a month ago. Can't wait to see why she says after all the junk I've eaten this past weekend. *eyeroll* Hopefully babe has stayed head down and nothing eventful. 
  • Good luck @chef'swife! Will be thinking of you on Thursday and will be looking forward to an update from you.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Good luck @chefswife! Exciting for sure!
    I have a 34 week appointment on Thursday-nothing really exciting. Unless 34 magically turned into 39 weeks. I'd go for that.
  • @Xstatic3333 good luck dude. Being itchy is basically my version of hell. 
  • Thanks @PerraSucia! I've had really sensitive skin all pregnancy so I think it's probably just one of those things. I truly don't feel worried, but I'm glad they're ruling it out given the stakes. 
  • Good luck @chef'swife! Can't wait to see photos!

Regular 32-week checkup this afternoon. Baby has been moving like crazy, though like you @NiceyMeany I haven't been gaining weight. However - my MW said it definitely doesn't mean anything is wrong, and some women just gain weight at different rates than others. I have gained 5lbs total over the course of this pregnancy, though I think l lost a pound or two since my GD diagnosis 6 weeks ago. Granted, I was about 20lbs overweight to begin with, but my MW isn't concerned as long as the baby is growing on track (which he is so far). I eat at least 2000 calories/day, but it's a LOT of protein and very few empty calories. I know I am getting all the micro- and macro-nutrients the baby needs, and he is growing and moving like crazy. The MW said I may just be one of the "lucky ones" who doesn't gain much, though I expect I'll start packing on some weight in these last two months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Regular 34w OB appt this evening with NST and blood work for pre-e. And then NST and bp check on Friday with MFM. My bp has been fine at home so I'm starting to get my hopes up of staying pregnant into 2017. 
  • @madamerwin and @NiceyMeany +1 to not gaining any weight at all with this baby. I lost a bunch early on (no morning sickness, just giving up wine, soda and bad foods) I'm eating super healthy and baby is in 87th percentile thanks to this damn gd. 
  • Add me to the not gaining weight crew, due to being sick everytime i ate from 5 to 18 weeks then not feeling hungry a lot and now gd & an 90+ percentile baby so having to cut out all nice things. The plus side of this is that ive not really had to buy many maternity clothes & still wearing most of my own clothes.
  • @jbuck909 I feel you. I've gained a TON of weight. I just got back from my 34 week appointment and my doc said I was "puffier" than last time she saw me...then she cushioned it with, "but that may be a combination of weight AND swelling." Lol, thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly just weight gain.

I told my family over the holidays how much I weigh expecting them to be like "Oh it's ok! It's the holidays and you're pregnant!" but instead they all laughed and were like "oh stop, you don't weigh that much!" and I had to then confirm that yes, I do actually weight THAT much. Wah. Wah. :(

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I went to the doctor today and my urine tested a bit high for protein and sugar. I'm not surprised about the sugar, given my Christmas indulgences, but I was surprised by the protein. The doctor drew blood to test for preeclampsia. I have chronic migraines so headaches are normal. I thought I may be retaining some water, but I'm a FTM and know swelling happens so I wasn't too worried. Hope all the tests come back okay. I'm 35 weeks this coming Friday so we're just going to move to weekly appts now.
  • tishbtishb member
    edited December 2016
     I feel like a whiny baby here, but I have my 34 week check up today and even though the uterus measurement is three weeks ahead, the surgeon that my doctor prefers to work with was not available on the day that they already scheduled my surgery so they rescheduled my C-section for two days later. it's still two days before my due date so I really don't have much to complain about, I just had a date in my mind already and now it's changed. I really should not complain. Either way I'm sure I will get a healthy baby, and cooking two days longer will not hurt her.
  • Have ny 34 week appt tomorrow! We schedule the c-section tomorrow,  and meet the surgeon who will be performing the surgery. I'm also going to talk to her about some of the swelling i hae been having. (Granted i think thats mostly because i was on my feet for 18hours a day last week oh the fun of working two retail jobs before christmas) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 34 week appointment on Thursday. Should be uneventful, but hoping to schedule my induction date sooner rather than later. 
  • @jbuck909 I feel you. I've gained a TON of weight. I just got back from my 34 week appointment and my doc said I was "puffier" than last time she saw me...then she cushioned it with, "but that may be a combination of weight AND swelling." Lol, thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly just weight gain.

I told my family over the holidays how much I weigh expecting them to be like "Oh it's ok! It's the holidays and you're pregnant!" but instead they all laughed and were like "oh stop, you don't weigh that much!" and I had to then confirm that yes, I do actually weight THAT much. Wah. Wah. :(

Ugh, I'm sorry. I don't like how much I gained in the 2 weeks since my last appointment, but I did eat a LOT of crap this weekend. Well, past couple weeks...or month. If your doctor isn't worried, then you shouldn't be. I've noticed all my maternity pants are getting a lot more snug than I like. We're in the home stretch, everyone else can pound sand ;)
  • 34 week appointment went well, but I'm 5 pounds from what I weighed when DS was born. Babe is still head down, thankfully and super active. No concerns or anything and I'll be back in the regular 2 weeks. Woot! 
  • Ultrasound tomorrow morning since I'm measuring two weeks ahead. Hoping all is well and maybe she'll come early..! 36 week appointment next Wednesday. Getting close! :smile: