December 2016 Moms
Options

zubenescamali labor thread **update, baby here**

zubenescamalizubenescamali member
edited December 2016 in December 2016 Moms
hesitantly starting this because I am having some contractions but i'm still not 100% convinced this is real yet.  both of my previous labors started fast and furious and there was no doubt, this one has me totally unsure.  but since everything is still pretty mild right now I might as well start a thread.  started losing MP last night around 9pm, got some restless sleep, around 4:30am felt a small gush down there and went to the bathroom and panties were wet, definitely was not me peeing myself, fluid was clear and no odor, enough to soak through panty liner and wet my panties and some of my pants but not the flood I would expect for full rupture (my water never broke with DD1 and the OB broke it at 8cm with DD2). changed and went back to bed, back up almost immediately and more bloody MP coming out.  had about 2-3 contractions until I finally got out of bed around 8:30am.  started drinking lots of water, ate a bowl of oatmeal with dates and almonds, went on a walk with DH to see if anything would pick up and nothing.  came back inside and drank a cup of RRL tea.  finally started to feel some sporadic (and I mean sporadic!) contractions around 10:30, decided to eat some leftover chipotle, took a shower and got dressed and contractions started picking up around 15-20 minutes, DH comes back from the gym and we go on another walk, had a few more contractions, currently they are about 10 minutes apart and i have to stop and breath through them.  and how much MP is in there???  every time i have a contraction i feel more coming out and have had to go clean up quite a bit.
planning on still going to my chiropractor appointment at 4pm today, as long as things are still spacing like this, maybe he can get baby to line up and speed things along.  would LOVE to have baby before midnight and not Christmas eve (or day!), but at this interval i'm thinking unlikely.

Re: zubenescamali labor thread **update, baby here**

• Options
    This sounds exactly how my labor started, so I'll think happy thoughts for you! 
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    go mama go! go mama go!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Let's have some babies today!
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    So exciting!  Hope things pick up and you have a baby in your arms soon!
  • Options
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Good luck!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope it ramps up for you soon!!!

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You got this!
  • Options
    I hope this is it! I'm assuming from no update that you are pushing a baby out :wink: which would be awesome! Good luck, I hope all goes beautifully. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    She's a beauty! Congrats on the very good birth, albeit slightly crazy last stage!!! You did fantastic! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Yay congrats!

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Congrats! What a great and memorable birth story, though I am sorry you had a bit of a scare! It can be unsettling to not remember parts of what went on. I hope you continue to feel better, and can go home very soon to spend Christmas with your beautiful family! <3
  • Options
    Wowee! Awesome story and awesome job!!! That is one seriously healthy looking baby!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    She's beautiful! Congrats, and what a story! 
  • Options
    Yay!!!! Congrats and welcome baby Emily!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Woohoo!!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, @zubenescamali, your symptoms post-delivery sound a LOT like mine.  My discharge was delayed by a day and I had to receive two units of blood due to the fainting issue.  Can't say my pre-delivery story was as interesting as yours though!  Hope you're feeling somewhat better.  Baby Emmy is gorgeous, congrats!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congrats - glad everyone's ok after that crazy ride. She's lovely!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so glad I was able to go med free but wish I could have kept my cool a little better, instead of birthing exorcist style lol. I was the stereotypical "I can't do this", "I don't want this anymore", lol, but the midwives and nurses were hard core with me- it didn't really click that baby's head was half out until DH said it to me then I was able to refocus.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so glad I was able to go med free but wish I could have kept my cool a little better, instead of birthing exorcist style lol. I was the stereotypical "I can't do this", "I don't want this anymore", lol, but the midwives and nurses were hard core with me- it didn't really click that baby's head was half out until DH said it to me then I was able to refocus.
    I've seen the birth videos where women don't vocalize anything like that. Just before I hit 10 cm my line was "I NEED TO BE DONE!"
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Wow awesome story!! Glad you're all ok and home now. She's beautiful!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Emily! 
  • Options
    Congrats! Such an awesome story. Sorry about the bleeding issues but glad everyone's ok now.