July 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (a day late) for 12/25

I didn't see this anywhere (I'm sure most of use were busy!), so I'm starting it today...hope that's ok.

For anyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: 
What is your favorite time of year?  Why?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (a day late) for 12/25

• How far along are you? 11w1d

How big is baby? Lego man

Upcoming appointments this week? nope, not until next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea is still around, but mainly just at night.  Still exhausted a lot, but I have the week off, so hopefully I'll get in some good solid rest.  Boobs hurt like crazy.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Announced yesterday, and it was so wonderfully AWish!  Love it! lol Seriously, though, after all the bad news with DH's health over the years, some great news was so much better to share.

GTKY: 
    What is your favorite time of year?  Why?  Summer.  I'm a teacher, and since my DH is a stay at home dad now, summer is a LOT of fun.  We've taken a lot of trips to see family, and gone to the beach a bunch in the past few years.  It's the best.  Definitely my happy time.  This year we won't be going anywhere, but it will be a different kind of great! :)
  • I didn't see this anywhere (I'm sure most of use were busy!), so I'm starting it today...hope that's ok.

For anyone due 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30.

How far along are you? 

13 weeks on Sunday

How big is baby? 

Lemon sized according to TB

As long as things keep going well, no new appointments until February.  I'll go get my blood pressure checked at around 16 weeks by my regular doc, but that's it.

I think I'm finally getting that stomach virus that my boys had for the past few weeks.  So it's hard to tell the pregnancy symptoms from that.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Nothing really.  Christmas was quiet but nice; I'm looking forward to being closer to family next year.

GTKY: 

I love Thanksgiving. I love fall foliage and spending time with my family.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 

9+1

How big is baby? 

Cherry

Jan 13th

The holidays have been a nice distraction from the nausea but I can't wait for it to be completely gone, boooo.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

My in-laws are driving me nuts and I'm so excited to go back to my parents' house tomorrow and get the hell out of here.  They have no friends so they just sit in their house and obsess over their dog and complain about other people all day long.  I'm a guest in their house this week and I'm pretty sure that their dog being more comfortable is more important to them than me being comfortable.  UGHHH get me out of here.

GTKY: 

Late summer! I hate being cold and I LOVE new beginnings so the start of the academic year is always my favorite time!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 

10!
    How big is baby? 
    Strawberry
    Getting my blood drawn tomorrow for my nipt
    I got hit hard with migraines last pregnancy, and so far this pregnancy is exactly the same. I'm hoping I don't develop them this time around and just drinking tons of water, taking magnesium and b6 supplements. Other than that, same old: tired early on, tired throughout the day. Have started battling hemorrhoids already. Ugh. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    anyone know if 10w exactly is too early for nipt draw? Or more broadly, what is too early? Based on my ovulation date (I temped), I'm exactly 10 weeks tomorrow but based on Dr's measurement, I'm 10w2d tomorrow. I'm maybe thinking about whether it's too early for good results but may be overthinking it. 
    GTKY: 
    fall, right after the hottest part of the year in LA ends in sept/early oct, the weather changes ever so slightly and you can tell fall is here. 
  • nikkiandchrisnikkiandchris member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 
    9 + 1

How big is baby? 
    Cherry

Not until 1/3

Nausea is slowly getting better, I think nerves were making it worse. I'm so bloated though I look several months pregnant. Strangers have commented O_o

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Had a wonderful Christmas with my girls. We celebrated at my grandparents, and it was so hard not to tell them all but I'm not ready to tell my 5 year old yet. 

GTKY: 
    Summer, especially now that my oldest is in school full day. I can't wait to be lazy with her all summer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 10w1d

How big is baby? Strawberry

Upcoming appointments this week? not January

Any new symptoms or changes? Bloated like crazy. I get tired easily. Moody. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Announced to both sets of parents yesterday.  They are so excited. My mom is alreay plotting to send me cases of crazy Chinese herbs. My MIL is annoying me with the "when the baby is born, you have to do xyz" lectures. I will have to get used to that, I guess. 

GTKY: 
    What is your favorite time of year?  Why?  It used to be fall when I lived in the Northeast. I loved the smell and sight of leaves changing. Now I live in Hawaii and we don't have real seasons. LOL. Now I love thanksgiving because that's when I go back east to see my family. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 12!

How big is baby?
    Plum

Structural overview ultrasound on Thursday. So excited to see the growth and hoping all is well.

Less nausea! Same aversions, headaches, and lightheadedness!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We told all immediate family yesterday, and while most were joyful, it's hard when you can tell someone isn't as excited for you as you want them to be. It was awesome to be able to reveal the gender at the same time. If all goes well at the ultrasound on Thursday, I'll be announcing on FB!

Question: If I have a small bump already at 12 weeks as a FTM (it's definitely not bloat), does that necessarily mean I'm going to have an extra large bump down the line?

GTKY: 
    What is your favorite time of year?  Why? Christmastime and late spring/early summer. I love the Christmas decorations and music adding sparkle to everyday life, and I love when the cold weather finally leaves!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? What to Expect says Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? No

Any new symptoms or changes? When I wake up in the morning or after a nap, I just feel lousy. It takes me about 2 hours to feel better. Last pregnancy, after first trimester nausea, I basically felt normal and great (minus general pregnancy stuff). I am not a person that dwells on feeling crappy, but it's not fun to feel so yucky. Trying to downplay it. I feel so lazy and blah.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  We are hosting my brother, SIL and their girls for 10 days this Christmas/New Year's. It's actually been so fun and relaxing! 

GTKY: 
    Summer! It's not so hot here in Germany (usually), and it stays light til 10 pm so you can really enjoy the long days. 
    Back in NYC, I loved the beauty and thawing of spring - the city coming back to life, and gorgeous flowers and sunshine. 
  • @Twinkiedoll I lived in Hawaii for 3 and a half years, miss it so much!  Mele Kalikimaka ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2016
    @Twinkiedoll is your mother Chinese? I'm sorry if I missed that somewhere else. If so, can you share more about the herbs and other things she says about pregnancy? I am fascinated by other cultures and customs - generally but especially pregnancy and babies!

• How far along are you? 
    13 weeks 1 day

How big is baby? Acording to the bump, a lemon 

Upcoming appointments this week? NST tomorrow

Any new symptoms or changes? No nausea, starting to get some energy back!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I LOVE the holidays, but for some reason I'm SO happy all the hullabaloo is over and I can put everything away and get my house back to normal. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?  Why? it's a tie between summer and the winter holidays. Summer is awesome because hubby and I are both teachers, so it's our time off. I love the winter holidays because it's my birthday and it's just a fun time of year. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Thanks for starting this! I was barely on yesterday and never got the chance to

How far along are you? 
    13w1d

How big is baby? A lemon, or a scoop of ice cream

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, not until Jan 16

Any new symptoms or changes? Well I made the mistake of getting the wrong unisom and I don't know if that's related but I've been more nauseous the past few days and today my lunch came back up :-/   I thought I was over the violent vomiting so that wasn't fun. The round ligament pains are a little stronger, and though I have plenty of belly fat, I think I'm starting to show (by way of the uterus pushing my fat out and not letting me suck it back in lol).

Rants/Raves/Questions? Hooray for everyone announcing to friends and family! I got to tell some more friends/family members over the holidays which was fun to do!  Not fun, was my MIL making a comment about me "watching my weight" in front of everyone just because one of H's grandma's was offering me another (really tiny) piece of fudge after Christmas dinner. -_-  I had no comeback at the moment (i was too surprised and embarrassed) but I wish I had something smart to say

GTKY: 
    What is your favorite time of year?  Why? I love winter. Christmas is my favorite holiday, I love snow, and my birthday is in January! So tons of reasons to celebrate. Plus I love warm sweaters and hot chocolate.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Twinkiedoll I lived in Hawaii for 3 and a half years, miss it so much!  Mele Kalikimaka ;)
    Mele Kalikimaka to you too!  Hope your new home is treating you well!
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited December 2016
    @virginiaunicorn11: Yes I am.  First thing my mother told me is not to eat pineapple.  That's an old Chinese wives tale.  Pineapple has ugly skin on the outside so if you eat it, your baby will have ugly skin too. 

She wants me to drink a lot of Chinese soups that I don't know how to make.  My mom thinks the only way to hydrate when pregnant is through Chinese soups.  Water and herbal teas do not count, in her book.  She is going to send me the herbs since I have no idea how to buy the right ones.  One common soup (that's mostly for breastfeeding moms but mom told me to drink it now) is a papaya fish soup.  You can Google that recipe easily.  It is supposed to help produce more breast milk.  Those ingredients are pretty easy to get.

There are these dried red date-like things you can buy in Chinese markets.  You boil them in water for a little bit and then drink it.  It's supposed to be a good source of iron.  

I'm a terrible Chinese daughter :) so I'm not exactly sure what the other herbs and stuff are.  But I am sure I will find out in the mail soon. 

I also refuse to do the 30 day confinement period after birth, but that's a whole other story.

• The confinement was going to be my next question! Though a modified version with some pampering doesn't sound too bad ;)

Thanks for this answer!!
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited December 2016
    @virginiaunicorn11 haha no problem!  I will post pictures of what my mom sends. 

The confinement period is a definite no for me because you can't bathe or have any fans or air conditioning for that entire time.  Some people don't even change clothes that whole time.

I'm giving birth at the height of summer in Hawaii.  I think people in California would be able to smell my BO if I did this.