July 2017 Moms

AW your holiday celebration!

AdaByronAdaByron member
edited December 2016 in July 2017 Moms
My FFFC posted twice so let's use this one to share holiday stories and pics this weekend! 

Re: AW your holiday celebration!

• XathXath member
    edited December 2016
    Edit: posted my FFFC here before the change
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Dh got out of the car for a second and I saw a shopping bag so I looked. Honestly thinking it was accidentally left. It was one of my Christmas presents. So that's how I peeked without peeking. 
  • morgarita said:
    Dh got out of the car for a second and I saw a shopping bag so I looked. Honestly thinking it was accidentally left. It was one of my Christmas presents. So that's how I peeked without peeking. 
    @morgarita - Nice! DH is being "mean" this year. I am in charge of paying bill and keeping the check book updated and he knows I have a hard time waiting for presents so he will usually just take cash out and pay with that but this year he decided to have a little fun and use the debit card so as I update the checkbook / account I can see where he went.... not cool DH not cool.... lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• This year my ex BIL has my niece on Christmas Day so we get to go over to my Mom's tomorrow morning for my niece to open presents (like a pseudo Christmas morning) then again on Christmas Day for dinner.  (Im making a crockpot casserole for Christmas Eve, but I don't have Christmas dinner cooking in me this year.  
  • @SaphireSweetie88 dh always use to use the account to buy gifts which that didn't bother me but he would buy them the week of Christmas so I would think I have bills figured out. Nope there goes a couple hundred dollars that I didn't expect. This year he said he got my gift before Christmas but I have no idea how he paid for it or where it's from. I was half expecting for him to buy it this week but he hasn't yet. Now I'm really in suspense. 
  • @morgarita - He's being sneaky with it this year lol
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I have been SUPER good.  DH got me a present (it is in a tiny burlap bag) and "hid" it in the tree as an ornament.  I never looked - but I am quite tempted - and I am sure that the suspense will kill me before Christmas morning!!  We both maintain separate accounts and contribute equally to the joint account on an "as needed" basis to pay for bills, etc. so I have never had the opportunity to spy on his spending (or him on mine)!
    * TW *
    Me: 34  DH:38 (Married Sept 2014)
    TTC since May 2015
    IUI #1: July 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2: August 2016 - BFN
    IVF #1: Stims 10/21/16, ER 11/02/2016 (5 follies, 5 fert),
                ET 11/07/2016 (2 blast xfer, 3 frosties)
                BFP 11/11/2-16!! (4dp5dt) Beta #1 (7dp5dt) = 30  Beta #2 (9dp5dt) = 66  Beta #3 (11dp5dt) = 130

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @morgarita - Lol yes I do. I blame it on having older parents lol
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• H used his credit card for my gift and I don't manage that one so I'm totally in the dark... he's excited about it though so I'm excited to see what he thought of

We're spending Christmas Eve with my family including church tomorrow night and then heading to his parents' house Christmas morning. We did the opposite last year. I'd like to keep it up because we get to see both families but I feel like it'll be harder next year with an infant. Thankfully we are not too far from either family (mine is maybe an hour and a half away with traffic, less on a clear day and his is about 45mins away), but still... have any of you STM+ done holiday traveling with infants or did you just stay home?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar it wasn't for the holidays but we had to travel around that time for a family member passing Christmas Eve and then back for the funeral a week later. Plus we went for ds's first visit the weekend before.  It was a 3 hour drive then 5 hours for the funeral. Ds was 2-3 months. So he didn't have an established route in yet which was nice. We decided to leave when we would normally be getting ready for bed. That worked well since ds was able to sleep. It was hard to go from the car into the hotel to bed but we did it. Family wanted to talk to us and play with the baby.  Now traveling with a 2 year old is what's hard. Ds doesn't sleep in the car anymore and then he has wind down before we get home. We're lucky we have a lot of people to help entertain him so we can rest a minute and we go to grandmas house where it's somewhat kid friendly and he knows where the toys are. 
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited December 2016
    @manillabar For summer vacation when DS was 1, we drove from NY to the Carolinas three separate times. When he was 2, we flew to FL and back in the beginning of the summer, and then at the end of the summer also drove to SC, from there to NC, and then back to NY. This past summer we took him to Copenhagen and then on a 12 day Baltic cruise. Then later that summer we drove to SC, then from there to FL, then to NC and finally home to NY. It was actually fine. We brought lots to keep him entertained when he was awake, and he slept a bunch anyway. When we got to the family we were visiting, they would entertain him so we could relax a bit.

Anyway my point it that travelling with kids requires more prep and a bit more stopping, but it is awesome! I think you'll be good with those short trips, and it's so nice to see family.  I think travelling is easier when they are younger. The older they get, the more entertainment they want, since they sleep less in the car. Plus there are potty stops with more urgency.

Edited for spelling.
  • @chiquita928 @morgarita good to know! Thanks for your perspectives. That's helpful, maybe we'll keep this tradition going then
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited December 2016
    Our usual Christmas plans are Christmas Eve dinner for my dad's side of the family (my favorite - big dinner, presents, good company, traditions), Christmas brunch/lunch for Christmas day at my MILs for my husbands family and then my mom hosts for her side of the family Christmas night and has a low key dinner of lasagna and appetizers.   

This is year because my dad is having a really rough time recovering from his surgery last week to remove his cancer and my mom has been his caretaker they canceled Christmas dinner at their house and my aunt who hosts Christmas Eve dinner is traveling and no one else stepped up - so both of those are canceled, no Christmas on my side. I decided to keep the tradition of lasagna on Christmas evening alive for our little family at home and invited my MIL/FIL over (they live across the street and had no plans). And honestly as sad as I am I won't have my favorite Christmas get togethers I will admit I am so happy and relieved we won't be running around and the farthest we have to go is next door for my MIL's brunch. Here is to a relaxing and low key Christmas at home!  
  • Just had friends over for Chinese food, Chanukah candle lighting and latkes :)

• Chinese sounds amazing! Ds (2 yo) was amazing during church tonight. We're the people who just go on Christmas and I started getting bored when he did. 
  • @Dcwtada I am so sorry to hear about your father. A FB Memory popped up for me from two years ago, just after my father's bone marrow transplant. He looked awful and it was a hard year. Wishing your family happier years ahead.

Cross-posting with Sunday Ticker Change thread: my brother and his family are visiting us for 10 days. I've been cooking a lot (something very new for me!), taking long daily naps with my toddler, and overall we are all just having a really fun and relaxing time. One of my best holidays in recent memory! (We've had some really tough years recently, so am extra appreciative - apologies if that comes off as bragging.)
  • Everyone deserves a 'best holiday ever'!!! They unfortunately just don't happen often enough! Enjoy yourself! @virginiaunicorn11
  • @chiquita928 Omg priceless!  I'm so excited for DD to be a little older next year and look this excited.  She's just under 14 months and was just really into ribbons and tissue paper lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy This was definitely the best Christmas.  Last year, he was excited once everything was happening, but there was no anticipation.  This year, at 3, he's been waiting for Santa and patiently asking when Christmas was for weeks.  Definitely the best Christmas!