July 2017 Moms

Just for fun

2»

Re: Just for fun

• @LoveLee85 lol I call mine Thumper (because of how fast his heartbeat was at my last appointment) but bubbakins is way better. My husband keeps calling him babyheart.      
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Omg! Mark that up to 2 warnings for talking about babycenter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Careful...one more for anything and you're banned :(
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Might want to make an alternate user ID in the mean time @ashaw512.  Just in case ;)
  • The bans are IP based not username. They really mean business for no apparent reason. 

What I don't understand is how they can ban for recommending users to other platforms but no one gets a warning for INCESSENTLY recommending we join a FB group. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I am pretty sure this is how Big Brother starts - remember guys it is for our own good...
  • Guys, I was kidding! Or trying to. My rate of funny jokes is roughly 67%. Sorry. 
  • Lol my comment was Orwellian sarcasm. It was honestly this kind of petty banning and need for control that caused the last mass exodus. I agree with personal attacks and threats, posting private information (especially someone else's) and MUD/cat fishing should be taken seriously by admins, but for banning people from talking about BC/other baby sites or making derogatory staments about this site or the bump in general is ridiculous.

We love big brother...
  • 1985 is legitimately one of my favorite books. Maybe that's why I'm so paranoid of government and people...

• @dancegurl1118 maybe it's because Facebook isn't an app almost exactly like The Bump? My warning said I'm not allowed to solicit other products or services 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• I love and hate 1984, maybe I am too much an optimist but I hate endings like that even if the story hit so close to home to deny. That is more of a compelling and true horror story than anything Stephen king has to offer. 

And don't get me started on animal farm, it disturbed me so much I can't even think about it without feeling nauseated. With morning sickness that is a bad combo. 
  • @ashaw512 I can't believe you've gotten two warnings! I hope they don't ban you over nothing. This is ridiculous. This must be why so many people left TB years ago. It's crazy. 
  • @supermom83 yes. Regs were getting banned over nothing, BG'S magically appeared and wanted to change the community.
  • I'm an old timer...2010-2012ish (my BMB was June 2011) so I never saw any of this before. Holy craziness! I really hope nobody gets banned. That would suck so much. You're such an active part of the board. It would be such a shame. 
  • Yeah, I've seen a few exoduses over the past few years.  I think the biggest one was when they all of the sudden canned all of the board-elected BMB mods in favor of TB admins and started banning tons of regulars (including former mods who complained when they got booted).  A lot of the boards are so much quieter than they were then, but I never found another place where the bulk of the regulars settled.  

It used to be that boards like High Risk, Preemies, and the loss boards had regular (multiple per day) posts, more on par with the BMBs.  Now you're lucky to see 1-2 new threads per month.  It's not the resource it used to be.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • supermom83 said:
     I really hope nobody gets banned. That would suck so much. You're such an active part of the board. It would be such a shame. 
    Agreed!! 
  • 1985 is legitimately one of my favorite books. Maybe that's why I'm so paranoid of government and people...

I love you. You know that. And I know you're brilliant, so I am genuinely celebrating and not mocking you. Your book title typo made me laugh after I spent a good 10 seconds trying to figure out whether there was a sequel I didn't know about. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I've gone back to this thread before you posted and still didn't realize that I wrote that. I just let out a giant LOL at my family dinner and looked crazy. Make sure you read the sequel it's a riot. 
  • XathXath member
    edited December 2016
    @virginiaunicorn11 I've gone back to this thread before you posted and still didn't realize that I wrote that. I just let out a giant LOL at my family dinner and looked crazy. Make sure you read the sequel it's a riot. 
    I hear T Swift made an album based off of the 6th one.  Great series.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers