February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (12/19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/19)

• I remember when The July 14 BMB had a weekly thread called "Trollin' Tuesday". Most of other boards lurked. That thread just kept on giving!

Too bad I missed the drama on the July 17 board, sounds like it was a hoot! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm kind of disappointed that we've already lost our mean girls reputation. 
    We're all mean girls deep down. I'm sure given the opportunity our status would soar again. 
  • We went to go see Collatoral Beauty yesterday. I cried for like.. 45 minutes straight. DH even shed a tear or two. It was really good but so not a good idea to go see while pregnant. 
  • I would kick H if he ignored everything like that. We were at lunch yesterday and there was a little boy who kept yelling until they got their food. The mom just kept telling him to be quiet but it didn't phase him at all, just kept yelling. I would take my kid to the restroom or car if they acted like that.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So FFFC: my H would be that guy. He's way more comfortable being rude to me than strangers. It's almost like the more distant you are, the nicer he is.  But, going into parenting I know he's like that, and I've already been kind of practicing how to ask him to help (and get a positive response) with our dogs. I know that if I sit in silence and don't ask for help, I likely won't get any/he won't take initiative, but if I ask, he'll be there immediately.  It's not that he's being malicious about it, it's just not his personality to read a situation and step up. 
  • DH has gotten better about reading situations but it's after a lot of fights and me realizing that I CAN ask for help. We're in a totally different spot now so DH will hopefully help if he sees me floundering & I won't have to ask. If I do though, then it's no biggie which has been a huge turning point for me because I'm very "I got this" sort of person. It's been good for me to learn to ask for help when I need it because I used to never do that. Live and learn.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I just can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Crazy 
  • @fourPsinapod I can't either.  I still don't have half the gifts I need to have wrapped all done up. Thankfully a good portion of them are being brought from our place to my MIL's Christmas Day so DH and I can do some last minute wrapping tomorrow... but it snuck up on us so fast.
  • You guys acupuncture is the best thing ever - that is all!
  • I bowled a 137 last night. I had to tell someone 
    Wow! Do you normally bowl? I normally wouldn't have a good number for reference but I went bowling over TGiving and got like a 60. 
  • Definitely. I'm at my IL's and I don't want to wake everybody else up. It's been a restless night.
    I wrapped all my stuff last night lol. 

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @WinchesterGirl Lol, normally I'm a lot like you and have things done in a relatively good amount of time, this year for whatever reason I was a lot more like your DH. I didn't get my shopping done until last week and my gifts weren't totally wrapped until late last night.
    I can only imagine what it's going to be like as a parent next year. Granted it won't be too scary because the wee one will only be nine months old, but I'm hoping parenting won't have me so frazzled that I can't get things done properly. XD
  • becbec28 said:
    I would kick H if he ignored everything like that. We were at lunch yesterday and there was a little boy who kept yelling until they got their food. The mom just kept telling him to be quiet but it didn't phase him at all, just kept yelling. I would take my kid to the restroom or car if they acted like that.
    Not sure it fully applies to this story, but sometimes the thing the noisy or tantrumming kid wants is to leave or go somewhere else. So I would kind of understand the mom not taking him anywhere and possibly giving in, encouraging him to behave that way the next time he's bored at a restaurant.
    But that's a hard call if he was disrupting others in a nicer restaurant!
  • My H is actually neighborhood famous for being the most likely to be paying attention to our kid. So that totally doesn't compute for me
    Mine too! He's seriously way better of a parent than I am, and everyone knows it.

Speaking of amazing dads, have you guys seen this video?

https://youtu.be/zL7SobTAnuQ

It's Jason Momoa who makes it worth the watch by himself, but his storytelling made me bawl like a baby. Total family goals with these guys.
  • @homemake I have been like once the last 10 years haha

@beern weird d list celebrities I know someone who banged the khal
  • becbec28 said:
    I would kick H if he ignored everything like that. We were at lunch yesterday and there was a little boy who kept yelling until they got their food. The mom just kept telling him to be quiet but it didn't phase him at all, just kept yelling. I would take my kid to the restroom or car if they acted like that.
    Not sure it fully applies to this story, but sometimes the thing the noisy or tantrumming kid wants is to leave or go somewhere else. So I would kind of understand the mom not taking him anywhere and possibly giving in, encouraging him to behave that way the next time he's bored at a restaurant.
    I meant take them out for punishment.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all of you wonderful Febuladies!!!
  • Yes, Merry Christmas everyone!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day!
  • Merry Christmas/happy holidays!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Merry Christmas everyone!!
  • Happy holidays!
  • becbec28 said:
    becbec28 said:
    I meant take them out for punishment.
    Like "take them out" like you're going to murder them?
    Definitely not! Lol like for a spanking. 

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!! 
  • @becbec28 if you're spanking your kid every time they throw a fit your hand is going to be constantly raw. 
    Not every time they throw a fit. But when out in public, to me, that's the easiest thing to do. When at home there are more options. I just don't want my kid annoying everyone else because I'm ignoring their behavior.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17