December 2016 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 12/24

In what I can only hope is my last ticker change update....

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 

How big is baby? 

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
Visit The Nest 
Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 12/24

• 40 weeks! Kind of excited to have made it to my due date.

Finally the size of a watermelon 

Feeling good! Occasional yuckiness (heartburn, lightening, back pain), but nothing major.

Well since I got out of induction talk last week, I'm sure we'll have that talk if I don't have baby before Tuesday.

Just thankful for a healthy pregnancy to this point and looking forward to meeting baby.

A Christmas story is inevitable.
  • @Lexibizzel we are the 2 cheeses that stand alone....

40 weeks today with a baby-sized baby kicking and squirming like crazy

I've had a few days lately where I am crampy in the night, but nothing beyond that. 

Now that the due date is here, and will likely result in no baby, I know I am going to feel nervous all the time I leave the house. I could barely sleep last night thinking about today.

I love to watch "Singing in the Rain" on New Years Eve.

I hope we are both holding our babies by next Saturday! :):)

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 
    Baby Lucas is two and a half weeks old now :) 

How big is baby? 
    He is just over 10 lbs now, he was born at 8 lbs 7 oz., and officially growing out of all his newborn clothes  :#  I was hoping he'd be wearing them until about 5/6 weeks like his sisters but he is longer than both of them were.

How are you feeling?
    I wish I could say awesome, but the best I can say is that I am feeling better than last week. I'm still battling mastitis, and even though my incision is not infected anymore- it's still open about an inch. Both are causing me pain, as are my effed up stomach muscles, and I ran out of Rx pain meds a week ago :( So I am in pain. 
    And I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but I am really heartbroken about the loss of smashjam's daughter. Especially because she was part of our ticker change group. I feel like we had a lot in common and I wish that Lorelai had made it. I can't imagine the pain she must be in, I wish there was a way to make her feel better.

My sister is coming to visit the day after Christmas, she lives 5 hrs away and is really only coming because she wants to hold Lucas :) Another couple of friends are visiting to meet Lucas as well. It's also my step-Dad's 70th birthday party this week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rant: I wish I could just have a couple of pain-free hours. 
    Rave: Lucas sleeps really well and I am spoiled. He woke up last night at 11, 3, and 7 am. He goes to sleep again after eating and pooping, I don't even have to rock him, I can just set him in the bassinet and he goes to sleep. My DDs were not like that at all, so I did my time with fussy babies, which makes me appreciate how easy Lucas has been so far. 

GTKY: Happy holidays! Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch at this time of year (Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years)?

Scrooged!!! I haven't watched it yet this Christmas, I've been saving it for tonight! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @Lexibizzel and @littlebirdie28 you guys are so close! We should start placing bets ;) can't wait till you guys get to hold your littles!!!  <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks @yellingbanana

Glad to hear at least one infection has abated. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! Enjoy your movie tonight ;-)

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @littlebirdie28 Isn't it funny how they say baby moves less in the last weeks because they're squished? My kid is super active.

@yellingbanana  Already growing out of newborn clothes? Boo! Sorry about the mastitis, as if bf wasn't challenging enough. And I hear you about smashjam. Truly heartbreaking. We were both also in the June 15 bmb. Just unimaginable :(
  • I echo what you ladies have already said. My heart aches daily for Smashjam. I can't imagine her pain. 

How far along are you (OR how old is baby)? 
    Almost 3 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    At his last appointment he was already 9lbs 5oz. He gained a pound in a week!
    How are you feeling?
    Tired and overwhelmed. LO has had some super fussy days which is exhausting with his toddler brother. 
    Not much at all!
    Rants/Raves/Questions:

i have two- Love Actually and The Family Stone!
    BabyFruit Ticker