May 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 12.22

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 12.22

• How far along?
    20 weeks

How big is baby?
    banana

I just had my anatomy scan yesterday. Thankfully, everything went great! And the anterior placenta was confirmed again. I'm disappointed that the movement is like #2 and not #1. But I can still hang on to my memories of that first pregnancy. :)

Symptoms?
    SPD is getting real. I need a new pillow strategy. Last night I spent a few hours dancing (very lightly -- kind of like walking) and then was in bed within a few hours after that. It's a bad combo for SPD -- activity followed by being still. Anyhow, when tried to switch sides sleeping last night, I could NOT get comfortable on the other side. As soon as I relaxed my muscles there was searing pain. I don't remember how I resolved it because I did go back to sleep, but I think the one pillow between the legs is currently insufficient.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Our other big update is that we finally told the kids the news! So now we can basically be out to everyone...which is good, because I'm totally showing! Especially when I wear maternity pants, which I'm doing the majority of the time now.

We have dinner Christmas Eve with my in-laws, and then at our hours for Christmas. There's a LOT of prep so I'm more dreading it in some sense, but I'm looking forward to the family time this weekend and next week (everyone is off). I'm hoping that I will be done with my grading, etc today, so that I'll have a little break from work as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along? 21w

How big is baby? cantelope

Any appointments this week? none until next month

Symptoms? nothing new

Rants/Raves/Questions? NPR, but I live the snow and only wish it would snow when Ica be home to enjoy

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? I am making sweet tamales on Saturday. The process of making them always takes me back to childhood.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • @kat81 glad your A/S went well. I hope your kids are excited about the new baby.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @kat81, I also have an anterior placenta this time, which is a new experience for me. I saw the baby  moving all over the place during my ultrasound last week, but I couldn't feel any of it! I do feel her sometimes during the day if I'm being completely still, but DH hasn't felt anything on the outside yet.

How far along? 20 weeks! Yay for being half way there!!

How big is baby? Banana

Any appointments this week? Next one isn't until January 3rd

Symptoms? I'm finally done with Diclegis! I'm still mildy nauseous throughout the day, but I haven't thrown up, so that's a win!

Rants/Raves/Questions? We just got a fetal doppler yesterday from Amazon and got to hear baby's heartbeat! It was tricky to find because we'd never used it before (and maybe due to the anterior placenta), but we eventually found her for probably like 15 seconds before she moved away! Pretty neat. I never had my own doppler when I was pregnant with DD, but thought that since I can't feel much movement this time around, that it might be reassuring and also give DH and DD a way to be more a part of everything. :)

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? I have to work on Christmas Eve (BOO!), but I'll be off Christmas Day and then DH has off Monday, too so I'm excited about that. There's an outdoor ice skating rink that just opened the other day so we're planning to take DD there on Monday (I'll just be taking video from the sidelines this year). :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • How far along? 18 weeks

How big is baby? The size of an artichoke 

Any appointments this week? I had a routine appointment yesterday where we got to hear the heartbeat again - very exciting! We have our anatomy scan on the 30th.

Symptoms? Sciatica on my right side - sometimes it really catches me and I have to take a moment to breathe. I feel like an old lady hobbling around. I also have a rash on my stomach, it might be from the belly cream I was using so I am going to take a break from it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Lately I have been waking up around 3 or 4 AM and having trouble getting back to sleep. Usually I get up to pee and then my mind is fully awake. Very annoying.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? Eating an array of baked goods. Oh and spending time with family!
  • How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango! 

Any appointments this week? I have my anatomy scan plus a routine checkup this afternoon! I'm trying to keep myself busy in the meantime  :#

Symptoms? None really. I just need to stop sitting on the floor with DD and stick to finding something softer to sit on. Otherwise it really hurt to move!

Rants/Raves/Questions? None, I'm just a bundle of nerves right now. I just want the anatomy scan to go well so I can relax knowing baby is okay. And we also plan to find out the sex.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? Christmas, of course! DD is 2 and is now at the age that she is understanding a lot more, so the holidays this year has been even more enjoyable with her. Plus I'm excited to see her reaction when she gets her new play kitchen. It's been a long time coming

• @pshaortao I feel the same way about the anatomy scan...once we have it done I will be able to relax. My ever-stoic husband keeps telling me not to worry, but I guess it's in my nature. 
  • How far along? 18 weeks

How big is baby? Artichoke (weird food choice) 

Any appointments this week? I had an unexpected visit yesterday and got to see our little girl again. Anatomy scan is in 2 weeks. 

Symptoms? Just some general aches and pains. Like @pshaortao said, it hurts to sit on hard floors now. I feel like my belly has really rounded out now, too. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave for my OBGYN office for getting me in yesterday and doing such a thorough check. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? Just seeing family mostly. And getting my pregnancy pillow! 
  • How far along?
    18 weeks 

How big is baby?
    Artichoke

Next one is this coming Tuesday for the anatomy scan! We're not finding out the gender though.

Symptoms?
    Not really. I've been feeling the same amount of little movements and flutters, but they are random and infrequent. I was really sore after moving this past weekend, but nothing too terrible.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We're finally in our house!!! It still doesn't seem real that this is OUR house. I've got 85% of our stuff put away, but I don't have motivation to put away the rest haha. I'm so excited and thankful we get to spend Christmas in our home this year. My SIL did all of the painting for me and everything looks great. My family will be coming over on Saturday to check out the house so I have to make sure everything is unpacked and in place by then. I'm really bad at unpacking and decorating though.

Is it Christmas already? Time flies! I'm looking forward to spending time with mine and H's family this weekend. Everyone lives relatively close, which is really great. Also, H has no idea what I got him for Christmas and I can't wait to see his reaction when he opens his gift :)
  • Thought I would finally contribute since I have the time while riding in the car for 5 hours.

How far along?
    21 weeks.

How big is baby?
    Endive apparently.

None this week but going back to MFM on Jan 3rd because baby wasn't in a good position to see hands, heart and spine clearly at my A/S. My mom will be visiting then so I'm hoping she can come check out our little guy too.

Symptoms?
    Hunger. All. The. Time. Also, I think he's been cuddling my bladder so much lately, I have to pee constantly, even when walking back from the bathroom I already have to pee again.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My husband is a 4th grade teacher and has a break until Jan 4th. Meanwhile I'm an optician and this is our busiest time of year because everyone just now realized they have to use up their insurance benefits by then end of the year. So he gets to have a nice winter break while I'm having the most hellish week of the year. So not fair!

Right now we are travelling 3 states away just to spend 2.5 days with my family for Christmas. We weren't going to go because I have to work Monday morning but I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago because I really missed my family and want to be with them especially this year since we have this little miracle to celebrate. So I'm looking forward to some quality family time.
  • How far along? 19w 2d (better late than never)

How big is baby? A mango :)

Any appointments this week? This Wed I have the monthly check up the Thursday is the 20 week ultrasound- we're so excited for that!

Symptoms? Definitely more hungry/thirsty. I've been getting light headed, high bpm, and feeling like I'm going to faint just walking around from time to time, will talk to doctor about that. Feeling baby move daily now!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Hole in our bathroom ceiling is still there from Thanksgiving lol. But husband did take the initiative and we're finally getting new carpeting next week! Then we will start decorating baby girl's room, yay!!

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this weekend? Seeing family and eating all the treats :)