July 2017 Moms

Holiday Weekend Randoms

For those of you who celebrate, and those who don't, what's on deck for this weekend?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Holiday Weekend Randoms

• Three Christmasses, but thankfully on three separate days! This is the first year we won't be running around like crazy people.
  • Hectic day today. Wrapping presents, preparing for tomorrow, church, open house dinner at my pastors house. Tomorrow...just us! Going to enjoy our last Christmas as a family of 3! 
  • Loading the player...
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited December 2016
    I was too sick and got a migraine yesterday...so I accomplished nothing!!!!!! I never got my fountain cherry Coke, BOO, so I'm going 'all out' and getting my favorite coffee from the shop down the road. CAN'T WAIT!!!! So much little crap to do, nothing too major. Wrap, cook, bake, clean, grocery store....umm wait, this sucks! 

Merry Christmas,  happy Hanukkah or just happy everything's closed and life hopefully slows down day!!!!! And happy New Year!!!! Or any other holiday you might be celebrating!!!! LOL 
  • My weekend is pretty nutso. Today, we're doing presents with my parents at 1, a movie with my MIL at 3, I have to finish making these ornaments (I've been so sick I haven't been able to do anything for Christmas. Lucky me, my m/s is worse today then it's been in two weeks). Tomorrow, we're doing presents with MIL at 10:30, lunch with aunt and family at 11:45, presents with FIL and stepMIL and grandmother at 2:30, and then more presents with my own aunt and uncle and parents when we get back. I say presents because that's mostly what we're doing, but it's also just going to see all these people and spend Christmas with them. Thankfully, everyone lives within half an hour of each other, so at least it won't be too much crazy driving. I have no idea what we're going to do next Christmas with an infant, but I'm thinking it's not going to be this lol. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • dh put together DD's bicycle last night and realized the training wheels don't fit so he needs to figure something out.
    I have a new squishy baby to meet!! 
    We're also putting together a gingerbread cookie house, baking some cookies, and maybe starting with some blueberry muffins. 

• I'm in work today and probably not doing anything else the rest of the weekend. My father's memorial is tomorrow but we didn't plan anything this year so I guess that's that. 
  • Aw @LoveLee85 I thought about you yesterday and hoped you got your cherry coke!

Happy holidays to everyone! I must admit, being Santa is about the most fun I've ever had! I guess next year it will be double the fun.
  • Going to the beach to relax today.

We are telling our parents about the pregnancy tomorrow.   My mom never acts excited about anything so I don't know how she'll react.  

Then I have to go to a Christmas party hosted by the in-laws' friends. Don't want to go because I feel like a whale from the bloating lately but it's important to DH so I will suck it up. 

We we have friends from New York in town.  I can't wait to see them.
  • Hoping you all enjoy your family time! Today somehow H and I ended up babysitting my sister's 3 kids which was fun but also super exhausting! My nephew made me a card that said "please come to my house for Christmas. I miss you" and then I cried lol. We're on our way to church now and then tomorrow morning we're heading to my in laws to celebrate with them. And then I have a week off! I can't wait!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited December 2016
    Freaking worst Christmas ever. I'm lame and i don't care!! Everything's gone wrong. I have been puking, as usual for the past 2 months, so nothing got wrapped or cleaned last night. My DH didn't think to do any of it himself as I was puking all night?!?! I guess there's always next year??? I'm so bummed.
  • Christmas at our house, then we're going to my bestie's parents' house for 2nd Christmas and dinner. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I'm sorry @LoveLee85 !! But hey - you're growing a human, and that's exhausting! You deserve cutting yourself some slack this holiday season :)
  • @LoveLee85 I am with you. We went to urgent Care actually get fluids Christmas eve. I had been puking and diahrea all day and then got shortness of breath. So doc says I was dehyrated and gave me.zofran in the IV and then some if needed at home....Guess something I ate plus being pregnant. So hubby stayed home from family to take care of me and I'm on the brat diet.....So all that wrapping didn't matter. There was a cute baby there......Hopefully we're the people in general with the cute baby next year.
  • @LoveLee85 I am with you. We went to urgent Care actually get fluids Christmas eve. I had been puking and diahrea all day and then got shortness of breath. So doc says I was dehyrated and gave me.zofran in the IV and then some if needed at home....Guess something I ate plus being pregnant. So hubby stayed home from family to take care of me and I'm on the brat diet.....So all that wrapping didn't matter. There was a cute baby there......Hopefully we're the people in general with the cute baby next year.
    Ugh!! I'm sorry girl! Take care of yourself. My 'morning sickness' seems to really elevate between 5pm and midnight! I seem to get car sick now, also. I keep losing my dinner the past several nights. And I pretty much only can stomach eating once a day. 12 weeks tomorrow so hoping to start to feeling better! Hope you have a relaxing evening!! 
  • Twelve weeks today too.....So here is hoping :)
  • Whoops, we had a crazy Christmas that started early, so I've definitely been mia. DH had to work Christmas Day, so we headed home (about 5 hours away) from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon. It was a whirlwind of two parties, a brunch, and a family get together in about 36 hours. Thankfully we had a quiet Christmas Day at home - I made home made gravy (aka pasta sauce to southern Italians) while DH was at work and we spent the night watching a movie. We both have today and tomorrow off, which will be nice!

@LoveLee85 I hope you're feeling better!!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• I was so happy to spend time with my family yesterday. Dh's family will ask how I'm feeling and when I say I'm nauseous they will say me too. Well you better get that checked out because I have a reason. I just want my moment to complain about how I feel without feeling bad about it. My family truely wanted to hear about it and kept asking me if I was okay because they could tell I wasn't myself. Love them. 

@LoveLee85 why are men so oblivious? 
  • Thank you @RunRestRepeat
    I'm feeling better this AM. Weirdly mornings are 'easier' than evenings. Hope you had a great holiday!!!! 

Gosh, that's a great question! LOL I have no idea!! He was excited for a few days off I'm sure, but when I woke up Christmas AM and the house looked like a post apocalyptic war zone/zombie movie with zero wrapped gifts under the tree....it took every ounce of Christmas spirit not to freak out. HAHA! @morgarita
  • @RunRestRepeat, where in Italy is your family from? My heritage is southern Italian too (Sicilian and Calabrese) and I'm also part Ukrainian. Anyway, we always have fish on Christmas eve and then make homemade sauce and pasta on Christmas day... my favorite part of the holidays! Do you make any baked goods? We make biscotti every Christmas.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • RunRestRepeatRunRestRepeat member
    edited December 2016
    @Sassenach1743 shoot - I always forget! It's DH's family and I can never remember. We do fish and pasta on Christmas Eve, so we got a double dose this year! I do a lot of baking, but not many traditional Italian recipes. DH's grandmother was a phenomenal cook, but didn't bake much so I wasn't lucky enough to get recipes from her. 

Eta: homemade biscotti sounds amazing!!

• @RunRestRepeat, Italians don't write recipes down usually, lol... so you probably wouldn't have gotten any recipes even if she did bake. We're famous for "a little bit of this, and a little bit of that..." we don't even measure when we cook. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • My holiday random is that my MIL annoyed me so much faking getting sick over the weekend. She arrived Friday evening and my DH wasn't feeling well (food poisoning related) but she didn't know it was food poisoning, and thought it was a cold or stomach bug, so the very next morning she was "sick" and was helpless all day, we told her DH had food poisoning and then she was miraculously all better Christmas morning...she felt "off" all Saturday...because food poisoning is apparently contagious now... *eye roll*
  • @Sassenach1743 sounds about right!! When I got the stuffing "recipe" that DH grew up with, it was just a list of ingredients. No amounts, no directions. Just bread, giblets, etc. I'm good at improvising, but I had to call for clarification on that one! I've definitely let go of some of my kitchen OCD since marrying into an Italian family