August 2017 Moms
Options

Nervous or scared?

I think I am more nervous than excited. Is there anyone else that is feeling the same? I have been ttc for several months and disappointed every time a friend becomes pregnant. Now that I finally got my BFP I'm freaking out a bit. I feel overwhelmed with everything I need to do that I didn't really want to do or couldn't do in case I didn't get pregnant, like finding childcare, buying things, preparing a room. Is anyone ever fully ready for #1? Did anyone feel this way and how long did it take before you started to be excited? Maybe after you announced? 
Is there another thread this belongs in? I'm super new to this, and clearly it did not belong in the thread about being excited. I didn't see one that specifically touched on this. 
Pregnancy Ticker
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Nervous or scared?

• Options
    Yes it's all normal. I'm also freaking out about all that needs to be done and arranged.
    This is my second baby. I am separated from my husband so we share custody and coordinate our work schedules for my son, and now with this new baby I will have to coordinate with my bfs schedule as well so that one of us is always home to be with it! He works nights and i work evenings so finding childcare can be difficult, so we are gonna try to have opposite work schedules, which mean no time home together really. 
    I'm also worried about how it will be caring for a newborn with a toddler. I hope my son adjusts sell.
    My first baby, I was nervous too but did grow more excited in second trimester. Once the baby starts kicking it all feels more real. And there's nine months to figure it all out. Lots of time. You will be okay. 
    Also, the baby will room with you for a bit most likely, so don't worry about the nursery getting done before it arrives! Lol 
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    edited December 2016
    I'm nervous but for different reasons. I'm not worried or thinking about room, what to buy, or childcare. I'm sure I can order everything from Amazon LOL. Babies don't need much. I notice that people in the US buy 100 times more things than most people around the world. I'll worry about childcare after 20 weeks but there are so many options around where I live that I think I'll be ok. My worries right now are all about the baby itself. Will I carry to term and give birth to a happy and healthy baby? Am I eating the right things at the right time? Is a birth center the right choice? I'm just so anxious to get to 14 weeks and be past the riskiest weeks of pregnancy...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LivLew Same here. So many friends with miscarriages or other problems with their pregnancies. This is my first, and it's so hard to balance excitement with the reality that something could happen.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    STM and I'm worried about adjusting to 2 babies. Will I love this one as much as DS? Will he be ok no longer being the only child? Will I be able to give them both the love and nurturing they need? It's seriously so scary. But I was an only child and hated it, especially as an adult, so I know I don't want that life for him either. Eeeek! I think the fear we all have is good tho. It means we are thoughtful and aware and want to do the best we can as women and mothers. 
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    It's all normal whether you currently have kids or not. Focus on making a list if you feel overwhelmed. I'm sure they have weekly and monthly ones somewhere out there like they do for weddings. The scary part is you created a human. The awesome part is you created a human! If you don't have anyone you can talk to IRL, think about looking for mom groups in your area online. Most women here seem to get more excited when they have their ultrasound and / or see and hear a heartbeat. You will be okay! 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Some worry is totally normal.
    Just know that you will figure it out and ask for help along the way. 
  • Options
    Yes same here! I am wondering how are we (FH and I) going to make this work. What childcare is best, can I afford said childcare, am I going to have a healthy baby, how's is this going to change me/us, and this may be a selfish thing but will my family be okay with our decision to still have a wedding? I know they are going to want me to cancel our wedding and save up for our baby, but I would still like to have one. It's nothing big or fancy but I'd like to enjoy that life event as well. And most importantly, are they going to accept us? I am full of worry too! Deep down I know way more people have been in far more trying circumstances than me, but I am a worrier. I like the list idea @NYTino24 and looking up lists online! I am also putting us on a budget plan to save up for wedding so now I'll just live like that from now on! 
    Pregnancy Ticker