March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: Dec 19

Happy Monday, Merry Christmas Week!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications? And/or: What are your long term goals now for reaching the end of this fit pregnancy?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week with your body growing and changing physically
?

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

8: GTKY: Christmas -- no specific question- but since it's THIS week! What are you doing? Gifts you're looking forward to giving or recieving? Traditions? Foods? Talk about whatever you want :]
!

9: challenge chatter--->  Hows it going? Wrapping up push-ups  today with 39 and Tomorrow 40! Also starting the wallsit challenge today! 

Reducing sugar? Remind us of your goal(s) how is it going?,[ 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Dec 19

• 1: How far along are you? 26 weeks tomorrow!!

? 4 workouts & doing the final 2 push-up days and all the wall-sit days! Do better with reducing sweets although between baking Christmas cookies on Wed, my work holiday party Thurs, and Christmas eve/day I'm gonna need all the will-power I can get!

3: How was last week? Eh. It was busy... I got 3 workouts in but I didn't do anything over the weekend (even forgot my push-ups) and ate very poorly on top of that Friday night through yesterday (big dinner out Fri including a ton of nachos & a bunch of chocolate/sweets both Sat & Sun between a holiday party & work...oh and I had chocolate cake Fri at work also :( ) ugh I feel gross & guilty now thinking about all the stuff I've been feeding baby lately.

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications? And/or: What are your long term goals now for reaching the end of this fit pregnancy?
    ? Same modifications as before really. LT goals: I'm hoping to continue doing at least 3 workouts/week until my Dr tells me I can't anymore. Really want to focus on healthy eating throughout Tri 3 too.

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Noticed on my ticker change that I have 99 days left till my due date! (although I think he'll come a couple weeks early so we'll see) I'm off work today so after I get done cleaning, cooking, getting a workout session in, and doing some homework, I'm going to put up the wall appliques I picked up yesterday for the baby's room! We got the furniture arranged in the room over the weekend, now it just needs all the extra stuff! I'm excited to see it coming together. :)

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week with your body growing and changing physically
    ? Good. Physically I woke up with some pain in my lower belly this morning though, like cramps...seems to be getting better now though, but I'm not sure what caused it. I forgot my pre-natal vitamin yesterday for the first time since the summer and that made me worry this morning when I remembered it. 

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Besides #6 I'm just excited it's my last full week in my second trimester!

8: GTKY: Christmas -- no specific question- but since it's THIS week! What are you doing? Gifts you're looking forward to giving or recieving? Traditions? Foods? Talk about whatever you want :]
    ! After I'm done working on Christmas Eve we're gonna go to DH's parents house and his dad is cooking a nice dinner...they always read "Twas the night before Christmas" together as a family after, even though there aren't any kids it's just a tradition they've kept up since DH and his sister were babies. Christmas morning we'll go back over there and visit my parents too, then I'm planning to spend a few hours at the SPCA and Christmas night we're planning to finally decide baby's name! 

9: challenge chatter--->  Hows it going? Wrapping up push-ups  today with 39 and Tomorrow 40! Also starting the wallsit challenge today! I feel like I failed with the push-ups since I forgot to do them about 1/3 of the time but I'm going to print out the wall sit challenge and put it on my fridge so I'll (hopefully) be better at remembering it! My memory is shot anymore at this point.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you? 26 weeks tomorrow!

? At least 4 workouts. If I can do a 5th that would be great seeing as I'm off from work all week after today! Would like to get at least one of those to be a road run seeing as the weather has stopped me for the past 2 weeks!

3: How was last week? Pretty good, but yesterday was a terrible food day. I got in 3 crossfit workouts and 1 at home circuit. Last night was my nieces 8th birthday and of course I ate cake and tacos. Felt good at crossfit all week though, felt strong lifting and not overly tired. 

? My long term goal is to be doing SOMETHING active multiple times a week up until I deliver. Even if running becomes "shuffling" or I'm modifying everything at crossfit to the point that it's an entirely different workout. I want to keep my muscles and endurance engaged right up until go time! 

! Resting more. I'm finally ok with taking more rest days, taking a break when I need it at crossfit, and telling DH I need help sometimes. I'm in general not very good at "relaxing" so I'm glad that I'm finally feeling better about it, and less guilty. 

? I suppose the above sort of also answers this question, but I'm only getting on the scale weekly at this point. I also noticed that I did gain a little layer of baby weight kind of all over, besides just my belly, but with only 3 months left, I'm ok with it. There's not enough time to pack on a significant amount of weight that I would have trouble losing, so I'm feeling confident. 

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Hmm. Last night at niece's bday party, encountered a certain cousin of DH who ALWAYS talks directly to my belly and has no boundary of personal space. It's very uncomfortable for me. She calls the baby "harry" which was her father's name, he passed away a couple of years ago. She always tells me she just KNOWS DH is going to name him after her father, "sorrynotsorry", sort of like I have no say in the matter? Kind of joking, but kind of not?? Anyway at one point it was a name we considered but we've moved on and have settled on something else. I don't know. It just annoys me. End rant. 

My grandmother passed away last year and I grew up living with her (as well as my mom) so she helped raise me. We are all doing our best to carry on her traditions this year, making her homemade stuffed pasta and sauce, making her traditional christmas cookies. It will be a year where family feels extra close to remember her as we pass the torch onto the new generation. 

9: challenge chatter--->  Hows it going? Wrapping up push-ups  today with 39 and Tomorrow 40! Also starting the wallsit challenge today! I loved doing the challenge!! Excited to start the wallsits too. 10 seconds seems like nothing but in a few weeks its going to get tough! Looking forward to burning quads with y'all! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Monday, Merry Christmas Week!

? 31weeks! Feeling like it's the "homestretch" even though I know that I *could* have 11more weeks instead of the 6ish short end of things. Hah. 

? Gonna go with a goal of 3 workouts this week. With the holidays and two morning doctors appointments I'm gonna set the bar low. Finishing push-ups and starting wall sits! 

3: How was last week? Good! Got 4 workouts in like I wanted and felt pretty good after fully recovering from the previous weeks cold. Didn't do so great with sugar--but after a full month cutting back to only two or three treats the entire time, I'm starting to not be very hard on myself with the occasional indulgence.

? My goal at the start of all this was weight based : I wrote on here at the beginning of July that one of my goals was not wanting to gain too much. But that's changed because I've come to see the number on the scale is pointless! I'll gain what I'm gonna gain. My goal is now just to continue to listen to my body and workout till the end. 

! This week I'm lifting my sugar fast-I'm going to obviously try to not sit and eat buckets of sugar-but I'm going to let myself indulge and enjoy the holiday!

? Body image wise: I'm doing great! Today was hard (as I mentioned in randoms) I passed out running errands--combo of not yet eating breakfast, standing for too long waiting in a hot room. I sat and cried for a while about it after--just hard to not be in full control of your body anymore and have limits when I'm so used to being perfectly healthy and active.

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Have I talked about this here... can't remember. I'm in a wedding on Monday. DD is also the flower girl. Who gets married day after Christmas on a Monday!? Friday night rehearsal ontop of Christmas crazy too. Anyway... I'm not looking forward to it. Bridezilla, plus pregnancy, puffy faced pictures, chasing around a toddler flower girl, trying to get her to get a nap in during the day so she's not a monster for the late wedding... kinda wishing I pulled the pregnancy card this summer and told her I couldn't do it.  Hopefully I just have really low expectations and it'll end up being just fine!

! Christmas Eve with the inlaws and Christmas morning church / Christmas afternoon evening with my side. Looking forward to stocking swap with my family-it's been a fun tradition to do in place of drawing names for gift swap-makes shopping easier and who doesn't love lots of little gifts stuffed into one!? Looking forward to DDs first (second) Christmas that she'll be up and walking around and able to enjoy getting gifts and socializing with family. Last year all she did was cried as family tried to hold her. Hah.  
    We are giving her this cheap convertible car seat/swing/high chair for her baby doll. But I know she will LOVE it. It's so cute to see her take care of her baby, and think about her being a big sister soon! 

9: challenge chatter--->  Hows it going? Wrapping up push-ups  today with 39 and Tomorrow 40! Also starting the wallsit challenge today!  I've so enjoyed starting these with you! Thanks for doing them with :) Push-ups just have tomorrow left! like you all-I missed a few days here and there.  But for the most part it was a good challenge!  Ended up being a lot harder than I expected. All knees and broken into two, but I feel stronger!

Not gonna lie... the Wall sits intimidate me as i look at the end of the chart! Eek! But I'll take it one day at a time and do my best.
  • Happy Monday, Merry Christmas Week!

? 29 weeks tomorrow!

? It's going to be another busy week, but I'd still like to try and get 3 workouts in, but I'll settle for 2 workouts and one night of house cleaning :#

3: How was last week? Last week was awful, I woke up with food poisoning in the middle of the night on Monday into Tuesday. I can honestly say I've never been that sick before. The worst of it only lasted through Tuesday afternoon, but my stomach was messed up all week. With that said, I only got 1 workout in last week. 

? Didn't discover any new modifications last week since I only got the one workout in. My long term goal is just to continue doing something, even if it gets to the point where I can only handle short walks, I have no intention of becoming sedentary at all during this pregnancy!

! I started making Christmas cookies this weekend. Besides the oblivious of having a little treat, I really enjoy baking them in general.

? I'm doing pretty good. I know I've gained a little weight beyond by belly because my boots are a little tight around my calves, but I'm not going to stress about it (at least right now!). I just keep telling myself that I will take the weight off after baby comes!

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I'm definitely starting to tire easily and it seems like everything I do is taking me longer than normal. For example, I used to be able to bang out six to eight batches of Christmas cookies in a day and not think twice about it. Yesterday I made three and DH made me stop because he could tell how exhausted I was. I hate not being to go at my normal pace! However I have to say that DH has been really great with helping me out with things.

! This year our traditions are getting a little messed up. Every year on Christmas Eve we go to my dad's house and we do a cold cut platter and salads for dinner, but unfortunately I'll have to skip out on the cold cuts this year, which is the one thing I've been dying to eat of course. On Christmas day we usually go to my mother in law's house but she just moved and isn't ready to host, so we're going to my brother in law's instead. It kind of stinks because my mother in law literally lives two blocks away while my bother in law lives about a half hour away, but I guess it beats me hosting a house full of in laws ;)Despite all that, I'm just looking forward to spending quality time with family

9: challenge chatter--->  Hows it going? Wrapping up push-ups  today with 39 and Tomorrow 40! Also starting the wallsit challenge today! Took a break from push ups last week but planning on wrapping them up today and tomorrow anyway! I will also take the wall sit challenge!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @serenity13 I so admire your dedication to SPCA. You're an amazing person for doing what you do!

@jenny0228 DH's cousin sounds like a nightmare. Try not to let her bother you though, just ignore her. You don't need the aggravation!

@kjd291 I'm so sorry to hear you passed out at the post office. I would have been mortified too, but all that matters is that you and baby are ok!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! Can't believe it's already Christmas this week!!!

? 28 weeks & 4 days :)

? I'd like to still get my 4 days in, despite the holiday! Here's the plan:
    MON: Cardio / Upper Body Weights (DONE!)
    TUES: Cardio / Lower Body Weights
    WED: CrossFit
    THURS: Cardio / Upper Body Weights
    FRI: Optional Light Cardio (getting my eyelashes done on Thursday so can't sweat much!)
    SAT: Cardio

3: How was last week? It was one of my better weeks!
    I got in 5 days which included 3 CrossFit workouts; burned almost 3k calories

? I would still like to maintain 4x a week with Cardio each day and 2 days of lifting. Also would be great to get in at least 1-2 CrossFit workouts per week.

! Ended up not getting my nails done last week so they could be fresher for the holidays; getting them done on Thursday with Mom, along with getting my eyelashes filled.

? I'm ok.... although this morning I felt really ginormous and uncomfortable leaving the house for the gym. Ugh. I think it's because my sports bras are so tight.... :cry:: I've also been a bit not myself with my hubby.... it's been a bummer. Having a hard time talking to him about how I've been feeling, which is making me cold towards him. It stinks. Hoping to snap out of it soon...

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Well, for me, just curious if anyone else is having a hard time sharing with Hubby .... this is our first baby together. In my head I had this idea of what it would be like to be pregnant together, and it's not turning out exactly like I had imagined. I'm trying to sort through my thoughts and whether I'm being unreasonable, but I'm not sure.... how should a hubby be? how should a wifey be? It's all bugging me at the moment :(

! I'm just so excited to have my Mom and Dad with us this Christmas!! Would be great to have my Hubby's kids too, but as far as I know, we'll just be seeing his son for Christmas Day. He's staying with his Mom all this week; he's been on leave from the military since Saturday. And then he'll head over Christmas Day and will spend the rest of his leave with us. We are headed to our friend's cabin in Big Bear for New Year's for an extended weekend of snowboarding. This is a tradition we started last year... except this Momma will just be sipping hot cocoa at the lodge this year, LOL. 
  • @kjd291 you passed out? I have not checked in much on TB today so I haven't looked at the Randoms thread yet but I'm so sorry that happened!!!  :o I hope you are OK now! I have passed out in public multiple times in my past because I have low blood pressure, I know how it feels, but being pregnant it must be even more scary! Hopefully you can rest up tonight! 
  • Oh my gosh @kjd291 ! Just read your post in the random thread too!! Yikes!! You sound great, so I'm thankful for that <3<3<3
  • Thanks for the love ladies! Yes-totally fine. It's happened several times to me also pre-pregnancy... so I knew it was coming and was more embarrassed than anything! 

@serenity13 definitely didn't fail with the push-ups! Just doing a little is better than nothing! And crampy feelings is definitely normal as you head into the third Tri and start getting bigger.

@jenny0228  hope you enjoy your whole week off!!  The whole Harry name thing sounds super irritating... i get the comment once, but non-stop is just annoying. Sorry!! 

@gracie4400 oh gosh! I'm sorry you were that kind of sick last week! Glad you're feeling better in time for holiday treats!

@triwellnessgirl Sorry you're feeling disconnected with the hubby! Id say for me it's normal here too - added hormones certainly don't help - mostly because the whole experience of being pregnant is very hard on a mama, and hard because guys just don't understand exactly what we're going through.
    Honestly... I've just come to terms with the fact that it's not something he's ever going to fully understand - of course as "our" baby, we go through it together as couples, but in the end it's nearly impossible to equally share the experience and the burdens.
    Hope you can open better communicating though so you're not feeling so upset about it!
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks so much for the words of encouragement @kjd291 ... I actually think just writing it out and sharing it here yesterday helped because I was able to open up to hubby yesterday without getting angry or upset. It ended up being a good conversation that helped to clear the air. I / we really needed it. <3
  • @triwellnessgirl Of course! I'm glad you were able to talk! 

So-this whole enjoying the holidays with some indulgence and guilt free thing is already too much! Hah.  DH has had the past couple days off and encouraged me to not cook- so we've now had Chinese and Pizza two days in a row as we've been out and about with holiday shopping and other errands - needlesss to say my stomach doesn't feel very good tonight! My body has clearly gotten used to not often having greasy things! Hoping to eat fully clean Wed-Fri before the real holiday weekend hits. 

plus--forgot about my midwife appointment tomorrow... hope the scale is kind after my past days of carbo loading and I don't have to see the meany midwife who comments about me weighing too much! Haha.
  • @jenny0228 sounds like your baby is having a growth spurt! Yum... breakfast burrito sounds delicious! 

Hunger definitely ramps up as you come into the third tri!! I know lots of Mamas will say that they even start to have to go to the kitchen and snack on something in the middle of the night when waking up to roll over or pee because they get SO hungry. 
  • @triwellnessgirl great job on keeping up with your awesome workouts! The weekend of snowboarding/lodge with cocoa sounds so much fun, hope you enjoy that & have a great holiday with your parents too!
    Glad also that you were able to have a good conversation with your husband and be open with him. I agree with what @kjd291 said about "our" pregnancy/baby - it's so hard for DH to truly understand. I feel like he's still not wanting to talk about most pregnancy related things so I don't bring up much usually...he still doesn't want to feel the baby kicking (he only felt him that one time & still refuses whenever I ask him) and even like picking out the baby's name - we had planned for weeks leading up to this past weekend that we'd decide by that weekend, but he didn't want to talk names the one night because he was too tired to think & the other night he said he didn't want to feel rushed & pressured...so now we're gonna try to decide Christmas night. ughh I get that it's a huge decision but we should at least be able to discuss it! (sorry for the long rant lol) 

@kjd291 You're like a saint for being in that wedding!! I can't imagine being in a wedding over Christmas, let alone in the third trimester and chasing after a toddler all at once - hope it goes well & that you're able to get through it and hopefully have a good time despite the circumstances!!
    Good luck with clean eating over the next couple days & good luck at your appt today too!!

@jenny0228 I felt like a bottomless pit yesterday too lol I was so hungry especially in the middle of the day! Hope you enjoy all your days off work & celebrating the traditions of your grandmother! 

@gracie4400 I'm so glad you're feeling better, that food poisoning sounds awfulllll, what a nightmare! I've also noticed a lot of things taking me longer to do now that I have to catch my breath & rest a bit more.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 I'm sorry that you haven't been able to pic a name on the timeline you'd hoped to do it in! Hope you and DH can find a time to talk about it.  Try not to feel rushed though! Obviously everyone is different on how they would like to do it-but we were only able to narrow down names until the hospital. Wasn't till we met our little one that we could really decide and enjoy the process! 

Midwife appt went well!  The nurse let me take my boots off which took off three pounds! Bringing me into only one pound of gain on their charts from last time. Haha. And the midwife I met with was super awesome! Also-measuring two weeks ahead! So no wonder I weigh more than average and feel huge!
  • Got my 2of3 workouts in today. Holy cow-wall sits!? Never a part of my usual routine, so im already struggling with the 40seconds... this is gonna be a challenge indeed! 
  • haha @kjd291 I thought the same thing this morning doing mine!!
    Holiday party/cookie exchange at work today & I've already had 3 cookies... I'm here another 7+ hours & hoping to fill up on the veggies I brought in but all these sweets are so temptinggggg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 glad I'm not alone!
    Cookie exchange sounds fun and yummy. Hope you can get through the day, but it IS Christmas... so don't be TOO hard on yourself, lady!  ;) 
  • Cookie exchange! sounds delicious! I made a few more batches of christmas cookies last night and had to sample more than a couple to make sure they were ok! Also might have had one this morning to make sure they were still ok. ;) 

Great job on the workouts @kjd291. And I hear you on the wallsits, it's going to be a challenge for sure. We are all going to have quads of steel next month! Just think how easy it will be to hover over public toilets though when the need arises... haha!!! 

Nice work bringing some veggies to the party @serenity13! Definitely gotta try some Christmas treats, too! 

I finally went for a road run this morning. Got my 3 of 4 workouts in! I ran/walked 3mi and it felt so good.
  • Awesome job with the workouts and getting a road run in @jenny0228!! I lol'd when I read hovering over public toilets - you're so right! 
    Just finished my 3rd workout (tried a new popsugar fitness youtube routine) and am feeling really good this morning! I was proud of myself for not having any other sweets while I was at work yesterday but I brought home a couple large chocolate/candy covered pretzels for DH and he encouraged me to have one last night as he ate two haha...
    I feel like I haven't been drinking as much water the last week or two and need to do better with that. I was drinking about 10 cups a day before and want to get back to that, so my goal over the next 3 days will be to drink a cup of water before any meals and before I eat any sweets. I do feel like it's ok to splurge a little since it's Christmas and inevitable to be around all the yummy food, but hopefully being more mindful of my water intake and filling up a bit more on it will help to not over-do things too much.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 glad you're feeling really good today! I agree about also needing to up my water intake! Good goal to focus on for the holidays! :)

I did some prenatal yoga today for my 3rd workout of the week. Was feeling tired and weak, so I decided to try something a little more low key. Ever since baby flipped and engaged head down it's getting harder to move! I'm glad she's facing the right direction-but im Mostly feeling: "I want my body back" 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited December 2016
    One minute wall sit (check)! Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays fit Mamas! Hope you all have a great weekend with family and enjoy some splurges guilt free!! Look forward to jumping back into things with you all next week :blush: