Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 12/23

2»

Re: WTO Friday 12/23

• @eggplantface yes I meant the first response OPK. Sorry I was multitasking and not thinking. Thanks for your response! 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mrsegan13mrsegan13 member
    edited December 2016
    @soemthingclever, @adirat, @wabash15, I'm still here. I'm actually starting to get worried and holiday travels messed up my chart as of late. 
    Can you guys chart stalk me? I temped 2 days ago at 5AM and today at 7:50AM (Edit:6-7AM is my normal temp time) so I don't think that temp spike is real.  
    My monitor has said High for the last 4 days. My OPKs have been negative, but have looked dark. Today's looks especially dark but is still negative. Yesterday, I felt back spasms, and I could have sworn I O'ed and that it was all over. I know the open circles in my chart suck, but my alarm didn't go off this morning, and we are traveling, so I get woken up by people using the bathroom etc. here. 
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/66e35d

@adirat, I'm so sorry that you're in a similar position here. I know how stressful this is. I'm trying to not let it ruin my holiday, but it's hard when you are worried something is wrong. 
    @wabash15, I'm happy you Oed! 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Loading the player...
  • @adirat yay for more time with meeeeee! Although I am glad your O-pains seem to be starting. Also where in Manhattan are you going this year?
  • Guys, I have been so productive today at work...searching pubmed for information on TTC stuff. And since I have long, irregular cycles, and have noticed a number of you guys do as well (or at least intermittently, I thought I would share a couple points and things I thought were interesting. 

1. A couple days ago I linked an article on drinking and the the menstrual cycle. Turns out a lot of the human data was questionable as far as whether there was a clear increase in cycle length with drinking. And most of the rat studies used pretty significant amounts of alcohol (human equivalent of 10-45 drinks in one dose). But I did find a paper about fecundity (which is sort of the rate of getting pregnant) and moderate drinking, which I thought was worth mentioning. I think they specifically looked at drinking between days 14 and 21 (so during beginning of TWW), and saw that drinking even <1 drink per day could decrease fecundity (i.e. fewer of these women got pregnant than those abstaining), and there was a dose-dependent decrease as well (more drinking, fewer pregnant). Here's the link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1113743/. While I'm still not sold on the link between drinking and lengthening of cycles, it does still look like there is an advantage here, so I'm still giving this a shot this cycle. 

2. Has anyone heard of night-lighting? It seems a little crunchy to me, but it's based of the principle that women's cycles (historically) sync with the lunar calendar. The idea being that our bodies (and hormones) respond to the amount of light at night to regulate our cycle. Now that we live in homes with curtains or even various light sources in our rooms, this could cause irregularities. Night-lighting is used to train the body back to regularity by turning on a light for 3 days in a row to simulate the full moon, then no light at night for ~25 days. I did find a psychiatry article on it (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.secure.sci-hub.ac/pubmed/2243890), but I didn't have access to it to read in more detail. While I'm skeptical, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try wearing a sleep mask all but 3 days a month? I probably wouldn't subject DH to keeping a lamp on though.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @mrsegan13 Your temp from today looks like it's still near the same average as your previous temps so I wouldn't conclude you O'd just yet. Keep HIO for a few days and see what happens to your temp. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @metrogirl Yeah cutting down on the alcohol is not going so well. New Years resolution? I did manage to cut down caffeine a lot. I went from 3 mugs of coffee in the morning plus the additional latte, coffee, or tea later in the day to now only 1 cup of coffee most days then 1 cup tea.

@icecubeinthedesert Thanks for sharing that info. I haven't heard about lunar cycles regulating menstrual cycles...
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @starla it sounds really hard to cut down on alcohol, which is why I haven't really tried yet - I think New Years resolution might be easier. I found with the caffeine what helped me at first was to still have my one cup in the morning, and then maybe have a decaf latte or something, because I really didn't notice the difference in a latte.
  • Month/Cycle 6/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: waiting for AF to run its course

R/R: Just glad to finally be over here after a 38 day cycle. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: stolen from the TWW yesterday... what did you get DH/SO for the holidays? 
    He actually ordered it for himself. He has a car that he's building. I'm clueless when it comes to car parts, so I just gave him a $ limit and let him get what he wanted. 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • @lulu1180 that seems a little ridiculous! My doctor scheduled mine based on an estimate of my cycle days and it worked out fine. Is that a possibility for you to make sure you get in next cycle?

• @hartmich I didn't think to ask. It sounds like this is just due to the time of year but the woman I spoke with (who was very nice and apologetic) said she would call me if someone happens to cancel

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @lulu1180 That sucks!! Shouldn't they be set up better, knowing there's a small window for it? You shouldn't have to wait another cycle for it!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Gonna post this first then redpond

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, CoQ10, not temping this cycle, waiting for AF to leave, increasing my liquid intake 

R/R: rant: I ordered my mom a Fitbit from Lord & Taylor.  It came yesterday and they sent me the wrong size.  (It's correct on the invoice included).  I called and they said the earliest they could have it to me was Tuesday. They tried to tell me that next day shipping only includes business days and they don't deliver on Saturdays (BS!!).  And that there isn't Mail on Monday.  Then I have to pay for another to be sent otherwise send it back, wait 2 weeks for the refund to go through and re-order.  I'm so annoyed!  They tried to offer me 10%off my next purchase but I told them I don't shop with them.  

Rave: we're driving to my parents house this afternoon for the holidays. We're celebrating my moms birthday tonight since it's actually on Christmas. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: stolen from the TWW yesterday... what did you get DH/SO for the holidays? The main thing was a gift card to Men's Warehouse because he wants a new suit.  Also got him a Brincos grill set, Broncos shirt, windshield wipers and some movies.  I might go get him a squatty potty tomorrow as a joke if it's not too crazy. 
  • @eggplantface You would think so. They actually have 4 locations that they perform them and there's nothing available at any of the locations 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @lulu1180  Maybe a lot of people scheduled appointments knowing they'd be off work on top of them being short staffed. My office only does them on Tuesday and Thursday for some reason, so it's already tough enough. Hopefully somebody cancels!

• @metrogirl wow!  What a nice gift from your job! I got a candle!

@haylsbayls a furbo sounds like something I'd need!
  • @lulu1180 oh no!  That's so frustrating!!
  • Oooh @adirat if you go to either of those places please tell us how it was after - both of those places are really high on my list 
  • edited December 2016
    @adirat Thanks for giving these your social science (as I recall?) opinion on these, as that's definitely not my strength! I had the same general thoughts on these articles as well. But they are interesting. There was also an interesting study on cycle length done in the 80s where they had women at a study center work for their choice of alcohol or money in return for work. I think there might have been some difference, but I can't find the citation right now. But again, those who choose alcohol could be more prone to stress. I think getting a protocol to force people to either drink or not would be next to impossible to approve, even if people are willing 

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @adirat @icecubeinthedesert FWIW, I can't even remember the last time I had a drink, and I am sure it was no more than 1 glass of wine whenever it was. Hasn't helped. 

@adirat I'm saying we will be NTNP with the idea that it might take time to get an appointment see the RE, possibly do more testing (I.e. more waiting), start any meds, etc etc. so we will still be doing something to work toward getting KU, but not killing myself with temping, OPKs, timed intercourse etc. I will hopefully call to book an appointment either at the end of next week or the week after, and we will have to go from there. I'm terrified of getting KU anyway before getting in there because if this is PCOS that we are dealing with, there is a higher chance of a loss. I would feel better being "monitored". 

• @hartmich Hugs. I totally get it. Here's hoping you can get in quick.

I was just wondering because I remember from the two weeks we tried to tta, the second I saw ewcm I felt this irrepressible urge to hio. I can't stop knowing about ewcm lol

• @adirat I'm worried about that actually! I am debating if I should continue temping or not... I'm not sure what will make me more crazy (because I'm crazy either way). And like you said, I think I'll notice my other ovulation signs no matter what... It's funny because H just asked me a few minutes when I'd be ovulating, so obviously he's not totally 100% into a break either, haha. Who knows, I'll probably say something totally different when it's not CD2 and I'm full of all the feels. 

• @aurora1973 Thanks <3 I love the train idea.

@hartmich Yeah it's a tough call. Depending on where fw falls in January, I may not bother temping (I have two trips meaning three time zones between what I predict will be cd9 and cd20 so temping may be valueless). But I fear I'll be more stressed not knowing than knowing! I'm fortunate to get multiple days of watery and ewcm so that may be enough to tell the general timeframe. Of course, I also thought this cycle would be smooth sailing without OPKs and my body took it as an opportunity to confuse me like crazy. Honestly I'm starting to think it's all a wash. So many feels. 

• @adirat Momofuko yaaaaaas. Also, for RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but one of the top rated places in the world, I recommend La Grenouille. I literally cannot describe how the duck melts in your mouth. It was revolutionary. A religious experience. I actually had an orgasm when the food hit my tongue. True story.
  • @kiwi2628 Thanks I'll check it out. And @metrogirl I'll let you know where we go! 

• @Aurora1973 thanks! Originally I wanted the tattoo smaller, but after talking with the artist (who was a Metallica fan and put on their music for me during!) i picked out this font and decided to go bold or go home since as much as I'd like to think I'm dainty, I'm not haha.

@adirat @icecubeinthedesert I always appreciate research discussions, so thank you! It makes me sad that so many of us have considered (or questioned) whether or not having that drink has hindered our ttc journey when for so many it doesn't even matter. Maybe I'll reconsider in 2017 :joy:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @adirat and @Uhlease13 I'm certainly not goinging cold turkey, but I probably can do better than 1+ beers every night. Maybe I'm just trying to justify putting the drink aside? But I fully support CD1 beverages and holiday drinks  ;)

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @adirat and @Uhlease13 I'm certainly not goinging cold turkey, but I probably can do better than 1+ beers every night. Maybe I'm just trying to justify putting the drink aside? But I fully support CD1 beverages and holiday drinks  ;)
    I'm with you. I actually told dh that will be my focus in 2017. I think it will be better for me overall. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• This will prob be my last post until Monday.  I just can't keep up with the holidays and the travel.  Everyone have a happy holiday!

Month/Cycle 9/9

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV but af is still lingering around

R/R: my af is usually 7 days, I'm so over it already and I'm only cd4.  Boo.

CS/Q:

GTKY: stolen from the TWW yesterday... what did you get DH/SO for the holidays?
    we don't normally exchange gifts since we usually buy what we want/need.  I did get him a clemsons sweatshirt from DD.
  • @icecubeinthedesert I don't know about in people but for horses, females are put under lights 16 hours a day during the winter to stimulate decreased melatonin which leads to increased gnrh release which works on FSH (I believe) to stimulate ovarian activity and follicle growth. Horses usually go anovulatory in the winter so the lights are used to bring them back into cycling so you can time breeding to have foals that are born as early in the year as possible. Wonder if there's a related human pathway to explain that study?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @adirat @Uhlease13 @icecubeinthedesert I went cold turkey off alcohol this past month (coffee the month before & soda before that)  it's really rough right now. Wondering how many months I'll last before I say F it 
  • Ended up having to P&G yesterday since I did get called into work
    @lulu1180 I'm so sorry for CD1 and that with the holidays you couldn't get your HSG scheduled. Hugs.
    @adirat I am doing a holding off on O dance for you
    @hartmich hugs lady, I'm so sorry that your in this place. Do what is best for your sanity, all those BFNs and AF really wear on a person
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17