March 2017 Moms
Options

TGIF (Friday Ticker Change) 12/23

edited December 2016 in March 2017 Moms
Merry Christmas Eve Eve for those who celebrate! I am still in the mood for variety, so hope you enjoy the questions!

This is for the lovely March Mommas with 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31 EDDs!

How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives

How big is baby?

Can you tell LOs position based on movement

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why

Re: TGIF (Friday Ticker Change) 12/23

• Options
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 28 weeks along... If I go to full term (40) that means 12 weeks left... But I am guessing that this LO might be a little late. 

How big is baby?  Size of a basket of chicken wings or a rollerblade. 

Can you tell LOs position based on movement? Definitely not... I read about belly mapping and it made no sense to me. Baby feels like she is everywhere...

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Not really

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? Some kind of meal planning service like Blue Apron would be freaking awesome. The thought of meal planning (and grocery shopping) after birth makes me want to pull my hair out. 

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? I definitely need one... With my parents moving here to be closer to baby and my in-laws already living here, I need to figure out what I want so I can set those expectations now... Problem being, I don't actually know what I want and probably won't until the moment...

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? Definitely my MIL. She doesn't really collect a lot of material things and when she does want something she just immediately buys it for herself. DH relies on me for all gift shopping from both of us, so he's absolutely no help at all. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? - 30 weeks today! I have at max 8 weeks left because they will not let me go past 38 weeks but in reality we are probably looking at more like 6 weeks left (which is super exciting and scary as hell at the same time). 

How big is baby? - I officially hate all the size comparison apps. So, I had an ultrasound yesterday and will go with what they said. Baby boy is approximately 3lbs 7 oz and baby girl is approximately 3 lbs. Basically I am housing what would be a full term size baby at the moment.....

? - Baby boy is on my left and likes to kick my ribs and baby girl is on my right and likes to kick my bladder. They are running out of room to move around much so I can pretty much tell where they are. 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? - Not really. Reaching 30 weeks is a good milestone for twins. 32 weeks will be huge according to my doctors. I did find out that I will have to deliver in an OR as that is the hospitals policy for multiples....but they will still allow DH to be there and will still allow skin-to-skin time pretty much immediately as long as all three of us are doing okay. 

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? - I really love homemade things. We have received some adorable baby booties and I know a lady from church is working on a cross-stitch that she will finish once they are here and she has the date and details. I also have a couple of friends that have mentioned bringing some frozen meals when they come meet the babies and I think that is a perfect gift for new parents! :)

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? This is going to be a challenge as we have pretty much both entire families within a 30 minute radius and also a lot of excited friends. I am hoping that people will be respectful and I think many of them will be. But our families might be too excited for their own good. My only hard and fast rule at the moment is that for the first 3-4 hours after they are born (assuming everybody is okay, etc.) is bonding time for DH, myself and the babies. After that, visitors will be limited to a few at a time. My only plan at the moments is to make DH the bad guy with family when it needs to happen. With my friends, I know they are going to be super excited and come over but also that I can say hey, I'm tired, I need to nap with the babies, and they will head out. (Sorry....that turned into a novel)

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? - Probably my in-laws in general. They tend to purchase what they want and it is difficult to find something within budget that they don't already have and will like. DH is absolutely no help..............
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 28 weeks! The farthest I'll be going is 39.5 weeks. Inching closer!

How big is baby? He was over two pounds at my ultrasound last week. I think the Bump says eggplant. He's the size of a teeny baby.

? Nope. He was head down at the ultrasound and then I was feeling movement around my stomach. The past couple days he's been back to hitting my cervix. Whether that's his head or what, I have no idea.

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Nope. Thankful for that.

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? Didn't do a registry this time around. The only thing is one of those baby formula maker things. I just can't shell out $150 for one.

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? Not really. We don't have a ton of family close, and we're lucky to have thoughtful friends and family who will ask when it's good for them to come up. I'm sure I'll want to get a few hours of recovery in. I'm hoping c-section will be in the morning so I'll be feeling okay once DS gets done with daycare for the day so he can come up. 

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? Literally almost any adult. We don't spend a ton of money on presents and once you're an adult you can pretty much buy anything for yourself. Why my family does Amazon wishlists lol

Love the questions!!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives29 weeks.  Shooting for delivery between 32-34 weeks, so hopefully 3-5 weeks left

How big is baby? Girls are measuring ahead.   Abby is the size of half a cheesecake.  Emma is the size of three tv dinners.

? They are everywhere!!  But I can tell where heads and feet are.

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Nothing new.  Just watching and waiting.

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? Osprey carriers.

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? Girls will be in the NICU so no visitors for a bit.

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? Hubby.  He buys what he wants.

• Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 29 weeks!! Anytime but I'm shooting for 34! Could be sooner?!

How big is baby? Update this in a bit. At MFM for a follow up but on Monday they were 2lb15 and 2lb8

?  Someone's feet is all up in my bladder and cervix!!!

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Interesting?! No...... I do love feeling the kicks and punches and rolls 

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you?  Ummmmmm I just wish someone got me a good big diaper backpack 

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.?  C section...... bc doc said so..... after birth... I think it really depends on where the babies are... my inlaws are refusing to get whopping cough shot or wtvr.... when babies are tiny I might not let anyone see them? Till they are all clear?! 

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why?  In law... 

SaveSave
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 29 weeks. DS came on his due date so hoping this one follows suit and doesn't keep us waiting too long! 

How big is baby? a gallon of milk

? we verified that she is head down last week but I had a hunch since my cervix kept getting the hiccups lol

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? i officially have sausage fingers... and she has been finding some very painful positions... oh and stretch marks on my ass  :s

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? house cleaning. we didn't do a registry bc this is our second. but my bday is 6 days before my due date so I might see if I can figure out how to get a cleaning service on base and beg for that haha

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? everyone is about 2 hours away from us and they have to get a pass to get on base so everyone will have to plan in advance. no concrete plans though

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? my dad is pretty hard. he just doesn't need/want anything and doesn't really have any hobbies
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives?  29 weeks. My OB thinks I'll go around 37 weeks, but told me to be prepared as early as 32 weeks since I'm high risk. I am trying for a VBAC so if by some miracle I'm late, I can't be induced and would have a repeat c/s at 41.5w. So I have 3 to 12 weeks left which is a huge window. 

How big is baby? Acorn squash 

? Transverse 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Signed my VBAC paperwork so it's official! Followed that up with a freak out. Hospital bag is packed. 

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? I don't have a registry since I'm a STM, but I would love a huge supply of Water Wipes.

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? Oh man...so last time I was in the hospital for four days. My dad and brother were traveling, so the only visitor I had for me was my mom. DH seriously invited 17 people to the hospital. It was an awful, endless parade of visitors which I did NOT appreciate right after major surgery. This time I'm limiting visitors to parents only. 

GTKY: Person on your gift-buying list that is the HARDEST to shop for and why? My dad! He has everything and is very particular about what he uses. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives

28 weeks! Officially 3rd trimester!

How big is baby

Egg plant or coconut 

At my 20 week ultrasound they said baby was feet down.. not really sure if it's still that way.. I do get a lot of kicks in the same area.. 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)

Just got the stomach flu yesterday! On my birthday of all days! :( darn coworker brought it to work and of course I caught it.  

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you

Haven't started my registry yet! Planning on doing it next week. I find it all very overwhelming. 

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.

So many things to think about! My MIL offered to take time off work to help out. But I'm not sure if I want to just try to figure it out on our own or have her with us. I'm not the best at relying on other people even if they offer.. 

Ugh my FIL! I get him every year for secret Santa. He doesn't make a wishlist till last minute and everything on it is above the budget.. and I just found out he just bought himself what I got him after he put it on his wishlist! So gift card it is! 

Merry Christmas everyone! :) 
  • Options

? 30 weeks! This is a tricky question-- on one hand, I'm pretty sure my actual due date should be 2/28 based on conception, so maybe a bit early. But on the other hand, DS was 11 days late-- so I've been preparing myself for this baby to be past due. 

How big is baby? Size of a motorcycle helmet haha

? To some degree, yes. I could definitely tell when she was breech due to the super low kicks to my cervix. versus when she's head down, the kicks are much higher. 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Fortunately at my chiro appt yesterday, she said the baby is now head down- which is a relief because she's been breech the majority of the pregnancy. However, as of right now she also believes baby is posterior facing. So hopefully she spins around at some point. 

What is one thing that you can't (or just didn't) put on your registry that would be really cool if someone gave you? House cleaning service. And meals. 

I know many of us have a birth plan, but do you have an "after birth" plan? Who/When/Where visitors are allowed, etc.? Definitely. Same as last time-- no visitors even allowed to be at the hospital waiting. We will let people know when I'm cleaned up and settled in my postpartum room and feel ready for visitors. And the only visitors allowed will be our parents and siblings. I like my privacy and need my space. 

My husband because all he ever wants is stereo equipment but he is super particular and loves to shop for it himself. 
    BabyFetus Ticker