February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 12/19/16

13»

Re: Symptoms 12/19/16

• @ohstars I'm sorry to hear you'll be officially pre-e! Take it easy the next few weeks, and remember we are almost there! You are doing great things for LO. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'm sorry to hear this @ohstars! Sending positive vibes your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • So I'm trying not to jump to the worst conclusion but wondering if I should ask my doctor at my appointment next week. I think I remember someone on our board has had experience with cholestasis? Just in the last week I've noticed that my back is always itchy but to varying degrees. I'm not sure if it's just dry skin or what. I read the cholestasis is usually in the hands or feet so I don't know. Any help? 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @becbec28 I really don't know anything about cholestasis but my back has been itchy too. And my thighs and butt. I know mine is just from the cold weather and dry skin, I've been trying to lotion up more. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @becbec28 I don't know anything about cholestasis, but I remember seeing a dedicated thread about it on December or January, so maybe check there?

My newest fun symptom is sternum/rib pain. I think little man's butt is pushing up into my ribs, and I've been getting a pain in the same spot, right below my bra dead center. I don't know if it's, stretching, pressure, or something trying to separate in there.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @becbec28 one of my besties had this! It starts with your hands and feet. So I bet you've just been taking hotter showers. 
  • becbec28 said:
    So I'm trying not to jump to the worst conclusion but wondering if I should ask my doctor at my appointment next week. I think I remember someone on our board has had experience with cholestasis? Just in the last week I've noticed that my back is always itchy but to varying degrees. I'm not sure if it's just dry skin or what. I read the cholestasis is usually in the hands or feet so I don't know. Any help? 
    Hey, so I had gall bladder issues with my first daughter. I would get "attacks" of extreme pain. the first time it happened I remember I was watching a movie and my back started to hurt, within 2-3 minutes I was in a child's pose of sorts on the floor moaning while my H circled around me just shocked. It took a couple more attacks but it was eventually diagnosed and I stayed away from really fatty foods. I got attacks still like once a week, and they would come and go out of nowhere. Once I felt one coming I would chug as much water as I could, hunch over a floor fan, and have my H pound on my back. Not sure if any of it helped but those were my instincts when it happened. After I delivered my MW said my attacks would either get much better or much worse. About a week pp they started nightly and I had to have my gall bladder removed at 21 days pp.

That being said- your back might just be dry skin. Are you taking warmer showers? That can really dry out your skin. I feel like you would have more symptoms if it was cholestasis? I am not a health care pro, though. Are you jaundiced at all? Or having any nausea or appetite changes? 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I bet it is just dry skin as well.  I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and was worried too.  But I've started having my husband lotion my back when I get out of the shower (although he always tries to sneak in a front rub as well ;) )and the itchiness has totally gone away.  
  • https://www.forever-passion.com/?p=1150

This is pretty much sums it up for me.
  • becbec28 said:
    I bet it is just dry skin as well.  I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and was worried too.  But I've started having my husband lotion my back when I get out of the shower (although he always tries to sneak in a front rub as well ;) )and the itchiness has totally gone away.  

That sounds like my husband hahaha
    Mine too!
  • I too am battling the sinus infection monster. It, combined with normal pregnancy sinuses , has been causing me to get bloody noses multiple times a day for the past few days. :(

• Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited December 2016
    Lol @kswiger06 I am so tired today too and trying to blame it on the Christmas dinner last night. And then I realize I'm telling myself I'm tired because I ate dinner at a restaurant instead of home...uh huh!
  • @kswiger06 + @Patience7150 I was just about to come in here and ask if anyone else had been hit by tired spells when your posts answered that right up for me XD As for my reasoning, I'm trying to chalk my exhaustion up to the lack of sleeping I've been getting, but it was particularly bad today. I was at work and not doing anything all that strenuous, and by about 12Noon it felt like someone had just sucked the energy right out of me, to the point where it was getting hard to stand. I went on my break and got a second wind about 1:30, but when I got home at 4:30pm I was exhausted again and passed out on the couch. It was weird.
  • +1 to sheer exhaustion. almost feels like 1st tri again. And if I eat a semi-big meal forget it. I am immediately rendered worthless. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • +1... how the hell can i do this for another 2months.
    I've had nausea come back this week, ever since baby finally flipped and engaged head down - assuming it's just the way she's pushing on organs and/or affecting blood flow. And increase of BH at night. 
  • @chef'swife  wishing you the best luck thoughts to not have contractions pick up again. And wishing you good thoughts too @lemieuxk  I hope you guys have as good Christmas' you can!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chef'swife That sounds really nerve wracking, I'm glad they got the situation under control for you! I hope both you and @lemieuxk continue to hang in there, reading your updates you both sound like such awesome troopers. I know it's not the ideal way to spend the holidays, but I do hope your Christmas is filled with love and peace. We're all rooting for you!
  • @chef'swife @lemieuxk I hope you both have a great holiday given the circumstances and praying that your LOs keep cooking until 34 weeks!
  • Chefs wife and Lemieux I'm thinking of you a lot today.  

Im exhausted and breathing is really uncomfortable but all in I can't complain.  

• Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited December 2016
    So...tmi time. I've been getting a weird itching burning sensation in my cervix followed by the urge to pee. The whole ordeal is maybe three seconds long, but happens a few times in a row. It's been going on a few and now. Can't find much on Google, but has anyone here experienced this?

Eta just kidding/nevermind. Found someone describing it as an "electric shock" which is about right too, and apparently it's kiddo rubbing his/her head on my cervix.