February 2017 Moms

Thursday/Friday Ticker Change (12/22-23)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: what food/drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again?
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday/Friday Ticker Change (12/22-23)

• Loading the player...
  • @Lafreeman21 oh yes, laziness!! I wasn't sure if that was just me, but as long as there's 2 of us, it's totally a symptom!! My husband said this a few days ago while realizing I hadn't washed dishes in several days, minus whatever I happened to want to use (like wash only what I need) " I've been working overtime, you, not so much, you're slacking." Hahaha

@chef'swife I hope you came up with something fun to help feel better about being in the hospital for Christmas!! I'm excited for you to know the date (if it goes that long) of the birth of your LO!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    31 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    An otter minus the tail
    12/28 with the midwife
    Symptom changes? 
    Just general uncomfortableness and I think I'm actually noticing the BH now.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I've been worried that baby is still breech even though I know there is still time but it's been making me nervous.  H has been talking to baby at night giving encouragement to spin.
    I really want a Diet Coke which I've been trying to stay away from.  And a great turkey sub!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 Thanks!  My mom, MIL, DH, and DD brought up a little tree from home with decorations and lights to put in my room last night. DD seems to be ok with staying here Christmas Eve/Christmas day. She really is an easy-going, sweet girl. I just have major control issues and this is literally my worst nightmare...a situation that is 100% out of my control and can't be pre-planned months in advance:). My Type-A personality has been useful, as everything at home was already ready for baby, even with his early arrival. Everything has been built, painted, washed, and folded. Car seats are in the garage to be installed and PNP is already bedside waiting for the little man. DH teased me about my need to have everything done before Christmas but now he's relieved he doesn't have to scramble for things now. 
  • @CurlyCupcake21 breech here, too. I was *sure* she had flipped, because I am definitely feeling feet up around my rib cage. But on Monday they said it's because she's all foldy. It's sort of stressing me out. Did they talk to you about trying external measures if LO doesn't flip soon?
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • How far along are you?  32 weeks tomorrow

How big is baby?  Doc says 3.5 lbs-ish

When is your next appointment? Next 2 week checkup on 1/3

Symptom changes?  Just some heartburn and some hip pain.

Rant/Rave/Questions?   I'm starting to get a little scared about the birth and feeling like we need to get all of our baby stuff in order!  I think I'll feel better once we have our appointments with our doula and have the hospital classes/tour, and once we do all of our shopping for baby essentials - but I feel a little overwhelmed with the amount of things still to do/buy at this point.

GTKY: what food/drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again?  Well, wine for sure is my number one.  The size of our wine collection has grown exponentially over the last 7 months since I haven't been drinking (and my husband hasn't really been either), and when we have had wine we've shied away from opening anything really good because I can't enjoy more than a small glass.  So a good bottle of wine is on the list asap!  But for food, I actually feel like I've been sort of indulging a lot and eating kind of whatever I want (except sushi and some cheeses).  So on food I'll probably be doing the opposite and will be cutting it back after baby to start losing the baby weight as quickly as possible.
  • @Vastra I was just told by the u/s tech last week and don't go see my MW until next Tuesday so I was going to ask her about everything then.  I was also convinced the baby was flipped because I've been having so much pressure down low so I was shocked when they told me.  

Are you thinking about trying external measures to flip the baby?  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyCupcake21 I'm willing to discuss it. They warned me that certain tactics (they didn't specify which) could cause bleeding. I know there are stretches/poses you can do to try to encourage flippage, as well as longer-shot ideas like putting a cold compress and the top of your belly, and a warm one at the bottom, to try to get her to turn to the warmth (it's unproven but harmless). I'm sort of more inclined to do nothing, and if I need a C, we do a C. Either way, they'll monitor it closely.  
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • How far along are you? 
    31 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    A foam finger or American football
    12/30
    Symptom changes? 
    More achyness and more BH
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 

A huge BLT grinder loaded with the crunchiest bacon ever. I have had bacon during pregnancy, but the nitrate/nitrite free kind that really isn't as flavorful or crunchy. No comparison lol
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? butternut squash

When is your next appointment? the 27th for a normal appt

Symptom changes? nothing much

Rant/Rave/Questions? ugh pelvic pain. I love feeling him move, but I'm over the kicks to the ribs.

GTKY: what food/drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again? Perhaps a rum & coke
  • @Vastra and @CurlyCupcake21 if you haven't yet, check out spinningbabies.com my midwives and bradley instructor think it a great website. They have stretches and exercises that might help. You also might look into a chiropractor-- that can help but get a referral from ur dr 1st. I think the bleeding risk comes in when your dr tries to move baby out of breech but I could be wrong there.
  • @Gretchypoo thanks! I'll definitely look into that. 
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @Gretchypoo Thanks! Ive been looking at the website so I think I may try some of those things. I'm definitely going to consider a chiropractor!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?  32 weeks tomorrow

How big is baby? Pineapple

When is your next appointment? Jan 4, regular prenatal check up

Symptom changes? Heartburn,  restless legs and being really tired.  Yay 3rd trimester

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Just frustrated at wanting to do baby things,  but needing to get through Christmas first.   There is so much to do and I am so tired! Plus I have been impulse buying for the baby,  mostly clothes, but really need to organize what I have in hand me downs too!

Also, you might think when its the 4th kid you've carried this long that you might be better at body part identifying, but I still can't tell what I feel.   Head,  shoulder,  butt, hip?  No idea.   I get what I think are more kicks up top but really dont know.   Last appointment doctor said he felt head down,  but that they really don't worry until 36 weeks.   

GTKY: what food/drink are you most looking forward to enjoying again?  Just eating without heartburn again.  All kinds of things. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker