August 2017 Moms

Ultrasounds

NYTino24NYTino24 member
edited December 2016 in August 2017 Moms
This is the place to post your ultrasound pics! Let's see those little poppy seeds, apples seeds, beans, etc.
**Don't forget to crop out personally identifying information such as your name, doctor's name, and practice name and / or hospital name!!** Posts can only be edited for one month and pics cannot be deleted after that point.
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Ultrasounds

• @BumpAdmin please pin!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • @BumpAdmin can you please pin?
  • @tripledaggerWed95976 @secicc12 @Knottie1430947838

Where those transabdominal or transvaginal?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Transvaginal for me, but had I drank 32 oz of water an hour before the appointment they were going to do abdominal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @akwr Transvaginal here as well

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I won't have a dating ultrasound so I won't have one until anatomy scan at 20 weeks.
  • @BumpAdmin can you please pin? 
  • @akwr mine was transvaginal.   I have a tilted uterus so I usually have to do transvaginal until my 12 week ultrasound  :(
  • @BumpAdmin please pin!!!

• Do you always get an ultrasound during your first prenatal appt with OBGYN? I just scheduled mine and I'm kinda bummed it's not for another month - I'll be 9wks 6days then based on my LMP. But when scheduling, the receptionist didn't mention an ultrasound. I'm thinking about calling back to ask. 

FTM here and we haven't announced to anyone yet so I have a lot of unanswered questions.
  • For some reason I can't attach a pic.  Went on Friday and had a Transvaginal u/s.  I was stunned that our tech saw a heartbeat and could even measure it around 100bpm.  Turns out I am a little farther along than I thought was 6w 2 days on Friday, so tomorrow is 7 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From last week - measuring ahead by about a week
  • Had my first ultrasound today and unfortunately am 2 weeks behind my dates  (darn PCOS). No heartbeat yet but no worries. They also think they saw a fibroid. The practitioner had to call the attending because she thought it could be a twin. Fingers crossed it is just one baby in there! I go back in two weeks to follow up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had an ultrasound today. Based off LPM, I should have been 6 weeks, but my periods have been super irregular. The US tech only saw a sac. She said I am probably at the end of 4th week. I am going back next Friday for another US. I probably ovulated late, but I am still feeling really down and worried. 
  • I had an ultrasound today. Based off LPM, I should have been 6 weeks, but my periods have been super irregular. The US tech only saw a sac. She said I am probably at the end of 4th week. I am going back next Friday for another US. I probably ovulated late, but I am still feeling really down and worried. 
    Please please don't worry. If you read above what happened to me last week you can see that sometimes calculations are off. I was so worried for 5 days. All I did was cry. Just continue to take care of yourself and hope and pray. We got our little Christmas miracle and I hope you get yours too. I will be waiting for the happy update!! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

Please please don't worry. If you read above what happened to me last week you can see that sometimes calculations are off. I was so worried for 5 days. All I did was cry. Just continue to take care of yourself and hope and pray. We got our little Christmas miracle and I hope you get yours too. I will be waiting for the happy update!! 
    @Cupcakegal930, congrats on your little peanut! I am trying to keep positive. It's going to be a long 10 days. I will update once I know more!
  • Sooo jealous of everyone who got ultrasounds at their 6-7 week! I'm 7 Weeks and my OB won't see me until I'm 9 weeks for my first ultrasound. 
  • anokoch said:
    Sooo jealous of everyone who got ultrasounds at their 6-7 week! I'm 7 Weeks and my OB won't see me until I'm 9 weeks for my first ultrasound. 
    This^^^. My first US is at 10 weeks, and with my son it was at 11. My OB group doesn't like to do them earlier unless absolutely necessary (high risk, multiple losses prior, etc) because it just makes our mom brains freak out and it ends up costing insurance/out of pocket WAY more money to do so many scans.  It's so very common to be too early to see a HB or a fetal pole or a yolk sac, etc. which requires additional scans later on just to prove that all is well and they just scheduled too early. So any mamas that are worried, Just Breath. Relax. And be hopeful. On my last bump board it was the same concerns and then the same mamas coming back a week or two later saying all was perfect and right on track  <3 
  • ^^^true, for me anyway. I had an early ultrasound with my first pregnancy and just had one with this pregnancy. Both in the 5th week. Both times I was assured that everything looks fine at this point.. but not seeing anything sucks. I really wish I would have had ultrasounds done later, but that's just me. I have another one in 3 weeks, the longest 3 weeks ever! Hoping everything is all good with this baby and all yours, as well!  <3
  • Had one today. We do them early for dating as my periods are a mess, and because I am high risk due to an incompetent cervix. 
    Measuring 6w2d which is a little behind from my LMP but I know it's expected cause my cycle is never 28days. 
    Cervix is measuring 3cm which isn't crazy short but will still discuss with doc. 
    I am in Canada so we do the ultrasound at a separate appointment then follow up with the doc. 

• got my first U/S today (sorry pic is a little blurry, i think the tech zoomed in).

We were able to see the fetal pole and yolk sac. We were able to see the heartbeat flicker. It was adorable! They measured me at 5 weeks 5 days, 2 days behind what I estimated (based on O). 

Baby's HB was at 94bpm. The doc was not concerned what so ever, said that's totally average for under 6 weeks. Said the range is 90-100 at under 6 weeks. I go back in 2 weeks with DH and to confirm all is good! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 5 weeks 5 days ultrasound this morning. Saw the baby, soooo small. But we were able to see the heartbeat flickering. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

• Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Wow! Jealous of all these cute bean pics. I am 7 w 3 d and don't even go to the doctor for a consult/bloodwork until Jan 3. Then I have another appt scheduled for Jan 24. I'll be 12 weeks by that point! Just seems so crazy long/late to me. 
  • @holshmama apparently we have the same EDD and the same first doc appointment date. Here's to seeing our babies at 9 weeks! Ugh
  • I am in the same boat as many of you other mommas. I am 8w3d by LMP and won't be getting an ultrasound for another 3 weeks. Doc said she is only doing it that early for dating as my ovulation time is unknown. She normally doesn't do US until week 16 or so to make sure mommas have something good to see. 
  • I am also going in on Jan 3rd. It's my 8 week but a day shy of 9 weeks do to schedules. Will have ultrasound then
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16