February 2017 Moms

UO Thursday, 12/22

Bring your unpopular opinions, one and all!

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: UO Thursday, 12/22

• Loading the player...
  • I completely agree with you @kswiger06 there are some very ugly babies! I keep saying to my husband "what if we get an ugly one" lol
  • kswiger06 said:
    Since we are all getting close, this could very well be a flame worthy UO... but I don't think all babies are actually cute. I used to think they were all cute, but then my sister had my niece, and I accidently slipped to one of my brothers that "At least Arianna is getting cuter." oops!! He and his wife are planning on starting to try for a baby in January, and he said "We talk about that all the time, if you think I have an ugly baby, tell me and I'll stop." Hahaha 
    I totally admit to the fact that DD was so not cute when she came out. She has definitely gotten cuter over the years Hahahaha. 
  • Oh there are definitely ugly babies!! Anyone who says there aren't is a liar :) 

• I really hope I have the awareness to know if I produce an un-cute baby. Because there are definitely ugly babies, but I wonder if you realize it in the moment? @fourPsinapod, sounds like you recognized your kiddo has grown much cuter, but did you, like, look at the baby in the newborn baby bliss and still recognize "yeah, not the cutest"? Or did you realize it later?
  • I really hope I have the awareness to know if I produce an un-cute baby. Because there are definitely ugly babies, but I wonder if you realize it in the moment? @fourPsinapod, sounds like you recognized your kiddo has grown much cuter, but did you, like, look at the baby in the newborn baby bliss and still recognize "yeah, not the cutest"? Or did you realize it later?
    I realized it later. DD wasn't the cutest newborn. She got a lot better once she got a little older and filled out some more, but she was too teensy & long right away. 
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Maybe this is unpopular, maybe not, but I don't like getting or giving gifts anymore for Christmas. I'm freaking out about not having any gifts but thankful that we decided to do our gift exchange next weekend (meeting with two sets of family on DH's side, the side we're going to this weekend only does white elephant). We're on a tighter budget this year & I honestly don't know what to get people. What I do get, I feel like won't be enough because they might spend more on us. I know it's the thought that counts, but I hate the guilt that comes with Christmas now. I really just want to spend time with family. 
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • @Aussie45 I get it... I like buying people stuff but we put most our budget to our kids, and I feel cheap when so many people buy us stuff and we can't keep up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Aussie45 said:
    It makes me feel like such a scrooge to say that, but it's honestly how I feel. I love spending time with everyone, but I feel like such an ass to not get gifts the way they get gifts for us. I want to, but spending that kind of money just isn't something we can do right now.
    DH has a lot of family members and about 3 years ago, we proposed the idea of not buying for us personally, but just buying for the kids. Two of his siblings don't have kids so we still buy for them but the others, we just get gifts for their kids too. And we don't go overboard on spoiling them either. It still costs a pretty penny but it cut a few people out of the buying process. 
  • @Aussie45 I'm with you. I'm glad DH and I are on the same page and are transitioning to making Christmas about the kids. It's nice with his sister having a kid we agreed to just get the kids stuff. I honestly enjoy the family time and good food more than opening presents. Plus it's way more fun to see a child excited about presents in my opinion. 

Im hoping too many people didn't get us gifts this year for my family. We just moved and are getting ready for the baby so money is tight this year. We got my parents a gift but I didn't have the time or energy to make the gifts I usually get other family members. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Gretchypoo That is a great point! We made handmade gift baskets for everyone on year, and everyone LOVED them! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Totally agree that Christmas is for kids. As an adult I don't expect anyone to get me anything.