February 2017 Moms

Polyhydramnios

So I had a 32 week ultrasound last Friday to see if my low lying placenta corrected itself. Great news - it did! 
But then I got a phone call from my doctor's office the next day, saying my fluid levels in the amniotic sac were high - called Polyhydramnios. She said there was no apparent reason for this, so I'll need to be monitored more closely starting right away. So now I have appointments for NST's (non stress tests) and AFI's (amniotic fluid index) every week. 
I, of course, googled to see more info on what this was - and now I regret it. 
Just wondering if any other moms or mom-to-be's out there have ever had this? What was your outcome?

Re: Polyhydramnios

• Loading the player...
  • I did and mine was so high they ended up draining it during another procedure. We knew what the cause was in our situation. The symptoms and weekly appointment threads may have some helpful information for you.
  • So I had a 32 week ultrasound last Friday to see if my low lying placenta corrected itself. Great news - it did! 
    But then I got a phone call from my doctor's office the next day, saying my fluid levels in the amniotic sac were high - called Polyhydramnios. She said there was no apparent reason for this, so I'll need to be monitored more closely starting right away. So now I have appointments for NST's (non stress tests) and AFI's (amniotic fluid index) every week. 
    Just wondering if any other moms or mom-to-be's out there have ever had this? What was your outcome?
    As PP have said, try out the symptoms thread! I do not have any personal experience with polyhydramnios. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

• In all seriousness, I don't recognize you as having ever participated in this group before.  Generally the tone of the thread is to keep it organized and not start our own threads on topics, this could have fallen under doctor's appointments or symptoms.  Check their or just use the search function.  Andplusalso we're not doctor's, so nothing we can tell you is going to be anything but speculation.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:

In all seriousness, I don't recognize you as having ever participated in this group before.  Generally the tone of the thread is to keep it organized and not start our own threads on topics, this could have fallen under doctor's appointments or symptoms.  Check their or just use the search function.  Andplusalso we're not doctor's, so nothing we can tell you is going to be anything but speculation.
    You're right, I've never posted in this group before.. which is why I didn't realize I couldn't start a thread about a diagnoses. Clearly I should have searched out alternative answers before posting. 
    And obviously I wasn't asking for a doctor's opinion on the matter, or I would've simply called mine. I was asking to see if anyone else had dealt with this in previous/current pregnancies. 
    Now I know for future reference - don't ever start your own thread. Noted. 
  • MrsDramaK said:

In all seriousness, I don't recognize you as having ever participated in this group before.  Generally the tone of the thread is to keep it organized and not start our own threads on topics, this could have fallen under doctor's appointments or symptoms.  Check their or just use the search function.  Andplusalso we're not doctor's, so nothing we can tell you is going to be anything but speculation.
    You're right, I've never posted in this group before.. which is why I didn't realize I couldn't start a thread about a diagnoses. Clearly I should have searched out alternative answers before posting. 
    And obviously I wasn't asking for a doctor's opinion on the matter, or I would've simply called mine. I was asking to see if anyone else had dealt with this in previous/current pregnancies. 
    Thanks for your response. Stick around and get to know us! I'm sorry I can't help with this particular problem but check out the symptoms thread and feel free to snoop elsewhere.
  • So I had a 32 week ultrasound last Friday to see if my low lying placenta corrected itself. Great news - it did! 
    MrsDramaK said:

QFP.

God it's like the TTGP drivebys all over again. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017