Worried about lines — The Bump
1st Trimester

Worried about lines

Ughh...I'm worried. 
I got my first very faint bfp on the 17th. Tested again the morning of the 18th and got a faint but slightly darker line. Yesterday I went to a clinic to confirm pregnancy and they did a urine sample and it came back negative. I had just peed an hour before giving my sample so maybe my urine was too diluted? The lady came back and said "I'm so sorry, I tested it twice and it came back negative. You're not pregnant." I tried to explain about it being diluted but she was convinced that I'm already 6 weeks along based off LMP even though I told her I ovulate late and she said I should have gotten a definite positve. 
So we left the clinic and bought another pack of tests. I held my urine for 4 hours and took 1 of the tests and it came back positive but still not nearly as dark as the control line. I had moderate cramping all thrugh the night, but no bleeding. I fested again this morning and got another faint line. 
So should I go get a blood test done to check HCG levels? Or should I just wait it out and schedule a normal dating visit in like another 3 weeks?
October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
DD-Due 10/24/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Worried about lines

• I would go back for a blood test for your HCG levels. This exact situation happened to me. Once they did a blood test, they saw I was pregnant. Unfortunately, my progesterone levels were very low and I already started miscarrying. Prayers for a different outcome for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @aehogan90 Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry that happened to you :(
    I went ahead and set up an appointment for Thursday. I'd rather be safe than sorry.  
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Do you know when you ovulated?  It would be best to wait until at least two weeks after ovulation to go to the doctor.  Many offices use tests that aren't as sensitive as those you can buy in a drugstore.  My test line didn't get as dark as the control line until I was 6 weeks pregnant, so I wouldn't worry about that necessarily, especially if you are testing on the early side.  I'd wait until you're 4+ weeks pregnant to go back, bring a positive test from that morning with you, and ask them to do a blood test if they are still seeing negatives.  Cramping on its own isn't indicative of a miscarriage.  Cramping plus bleeding is far more worrisome.
    Me: 37 DH: 37
    Married 5-31-14
    DD1 born 6-21-15
    DD2 born 6-11-17
    DS born 9-5-18