April 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 12/21

Figured I'd start a new one since the last one is a couple of weeks old. What's gotten the waterworks going for you lately, ladies?

mean girls feelings i just have a lot of feelings
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 12/21

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my I forgot to start this one last week oops!! Thanks @SnarkasaurusRex :) 

We watched the pentatonix Christmas special the other night and the singing was so beautiful I teared up at almost every song...if I was alone it would have been full on bawling 
  • @HGRich I'm glad to hear baby is fine and you are (relatively) ok as well. I have stairs at home and often times my puppy will walk under my feet, so this has been a BIG issue for me. No falls yet and I'm hoping no falls ever. But I'm always EXTRA cautious now when going down my stairs, especially with the pup.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Thank so @KirstinH88. As an update it's definitely broken and I get a boot and crutches for sure. So that's fun. But at least I was already on vacation! 
  • @Dannylion24 I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for your sister and her little one! That's awful. 
  • @Dannylion24 That is so terribly sad and awful! I hate hearing about these types of things happening to beautiful, perfect children. Please let us know when surgery gets closer and how she does. Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • @HGRich SO glad you and baby are okay! Sorry to hear about the boot/crutches though. :(  Incidentally, I also fell on the stairs yesterday night while wearing socks, but I was only two steps from the bottom and I just landed hard on my right hip/glute.  I was carrying a laundry basket down the stairs (which DH does not want me to do anymore - one hand on the rail at all times from here on!) I just sat at the bottom of the steps and cried because my pride was hurt and I was pissed at myself. I was not going to call OB since there was no impact to my front and Nugget was dancing around plenty afterwards last night.  My hip is hella sore this morning though.

@Dannylion24 I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and her little one!! Sending prayers to your family.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @schef070911 thank you! Glad you are too. I genuinely didn't even notice until pregnancy that our stairs don't even have a railing. There was nothing to catch myself on and I fell about seven steps before stopping. It could be problematic later, and when carrying a newborn, so I'm gonna need to have DH install something. 
  • I noticed that DH had been listening to The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack, so I started listening to it again and holy smokes. I forgot how much I loved the music on that album. It was taking everything for me to not burst into tears on my way to work. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I just started crying while baking cookies from my grandmas recipe book with Garth Brooks' Live from Yankee Stadium version of "The river" in the background. Such a sweet song and I was reminiscing about my grandma. All the waterworks. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My students did a service project this month by collecting coins and then making cards for the Children's Hospital.

Just dropped everything off this afternoon. Yup. Definitely had to stop myself from hugging all the doctors I passed on the way in. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @Dannylion24's story made me cry.

Earlier I cried because the outgoing champion on Jeopardy (my favorite show, btw) passed away from cancer a couple of weeks ago. 
    I saw that last night and cried, too!  She seemed young, too.  Cancer sucks.  I thought it was awesome that they did a little tribute, though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • I'm finishing up my first year as a food service director for a school district.  When I took over last year the program was a total shit show and I had to work my ass off to save it while simultaneously finishing my last semester of grad school.  Anyway, I was absolutely blown away at how my ladies (I have 18 employees) showered me with love and gifts this week.  I got gift cards (one to my favorite salon!), little chocolatey treats, decorative items for our new house, and even had flowers sent to my house.  They are a huge part of the reason I even agreed to take over the program in the first place and they have stood behind me every step of the way.  I'm just so grateful for all of them!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @thecavfamily I cried too! She raised over 100k for Cancer Research though.

My family has a head cold. It really hasn't slowed us down but, its drippy and annoying. This is my toddler's 1st time being sick ever and I haven't slept well listening to the baby monitor at night like a crazy person. I'm scared we won't be well enough for Christmas festivities this weekend. My father is on chemo and we have a newborn in the family so, I would feel awful putting anyone at risk. Ugly Cried all morning!
  • blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited December 2016
    The mama who had her baby at 24 weeks from the March 2017 board got to hold her daughter for the first time a couple days ago (she was 19 days old at the time). There's a thread with photos.  <3
  • @thecavfamily Yes!!! I've been following her story on her FB page. And every update makes me shed a tear.