February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 12/19/16

Re: Symptoms 12/19/16

• @peachesnbean I'm so with you on the turtle feeling when I try to get up from laying down. Also with the coats I was so determined to make mine work but eventually it didn't and it's way too cold here not to have a coat so I ended up getting one from WalMart and it was only like $20 so I didn't feel so bad. I'm not going to lie, it's not pretty and I feel like a giant marshmallow but it is pretty warm. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • Crap. Spoke too soon. It seems that the lack of symptoms has ended, and now I'm having the worst heartburn I've ever had in my life. Ow.
    Mine comes and goes! It may not be here to stay. I'm sure you've heard this but milk really helped me. 
  • Ugh hemorrhoids suck. I've had them for a little while but they weren't really bothering me until this week when they became painful and started to bleed. Also seeing blood after wiping was wicked scary even though I had a strong suspicion it was just the hemorrhoids. My OB said tucks were fine so I'm hoping they help soon...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Add me to everyone w/ lots of general uncomfortableness.  It gets the worst when I lay down in bed at night.

Lots of pressure down low so I was surprised when I went for an u/s on Friday and they said the baby is still breech.  I thought the pressure had to be from the head.  I'm so tired but waking up every night around 3am and stay awake for 1-3 hours.  Plus my nipples are super itchy which has been killing me.  The weeks are getting harder.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scifichick09 a pillow under the belly totally helps!

@marriedhamstermom I think I need to follow your lead and go get a $20 Walmart coat. The only coat that kind of fits is my pea coat, and even then, I can only button the top two buttons.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin Get the Walmart coat! It's a lifesaver for me and while super puffy, it's really nice for the cost. I sized up so I have room to grow and wear it until I give birth
  • If any of you think you will end up babywearing next winter you can buy a zip in panel for you current coat that will work now and next year with a baby carrier.  I got the Make my belly fit insert and it is working great.  I would say price wise though best if you will use it next year also.  Otherwise a $20 coat to get you thru the next few weeks sounds perfect.

I am annoyed today because little lady is all up in my right rib.  However, compared to her usually so low on my cervix position, I think rib might be better.  It's kinda a toss up though.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @patience7150 I feel you on that one. I had a pretty bad scare tonight. Woke up with pain and cramping so intense that I thought I was going to be sick from it. I'm pretty sure it was just really intense braxton hicks since it went away and I only had the one, but it really freaked me out for the last few hours. I really hope your pain goes away soon and you can relax! 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • I think my morning sickness is back? This is the second morning I've needed Zofran (I never stopped the diclegis at night) UGH!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • +1 for intense period-like cramping. It's really starting to worry me. I've had it off and on for a month or so but have been checked and cleared. When they ask how long it lasts, I can't say because its just a like constant dull pain all day pretty much - not like a contraction that comes and goes. I actually came here to ask for any tips and was relieved to see other ladies are having the same issue (not that I want any of us dealing with this!)
  • @jlellis603 I'm experiencing the same thing. It's weird because it's not contraction-like, but it is painful. I have no advice other than drink all the water. 
  • @jlellis603 I'm experiencing the same thing. It's weird because it's not contraction-like, but it is painful. I have no advice other than drink all the water. 

Thanks lady, I'm sorry you have to go through it too. I know, I drink about 70-100 oz of water a day and I feel like if I drink anymore I will pee my pants before I make it to the bathroom. Did your OB give you anything other than "oh must be growing pains/RLP"?
  • It's probably a good sign that it's a constant dull pain @jlellis603. I mean, it's no fun, but it's probably nothing. The period cramps that are really concerning come with tightening and are timeable. I have an app so I can see how close together they are!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Starfish113 that's kind of what I was thinking/banking on. I have a constant dull pain that feels like I'm going to get my period any second (yay I totally miss that...) and then every once in a while a sharp stab for like 1 second - so still not a timeable thing. And my BH are painless so they aren't connected I'm thinking. I really should get one of those apps soon!
  • I woke up with that dull pain today! Glad to hear I'm not alone. Mainly it feels like I kinda need to poo or my period is coming...
  • My whole pelvic region hurts. My right hip hurts the worst. I think it's my sciatic nerve. When I carry my son it makes it worse. I've started getting to the point where I get out of breath just getting comfortable in bed. I've been having period like cramps as well. Come on February! 
  • @Gretchypoo that's exactly what it feels like! 

@jlellis603 doc just said as long as it's not horribly painful or something that could be timed it could be a million things, none of which are concerning. Baby in a weird position, muscles stretching etc. 
  • I've starting sliding down the slope. :(

My BP is climbing (128/90 at my appt yesterday). PIH labs came back normal, but spot urine showed results over 400. I'm going back to the drs today to pick up my 24hr urine supplies, I'll drop that off at the office tomorrow and then go Friday morning for a blood pressure check and to discuss the results of the 24hr urine. We will also talk about the steroid shots. 

On a brighter note, my dr said I could try benedryl for my RLS and I slept better last night than I have in months. 
  • @jlellis603, @Gretchypoo and @FerForShort that's exactly what I have too...constant dull with a little jab here and there. Man I love this board and not feeling so alone! 

Also, @FerForShort I ALMOST called in sick today too. I showed up an hour late, but I am jealous of your at-homeness. Today and a half day tomorrow are my last days until January 3 though...
  • I woke up this morning with period like cramps too! 
  • @ohstars sorry to hear about your BP! Sending good thoughts that it stays stable...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ohstars That sucks!! Keep us posted. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Oh, it is so good to hear about everyone with dull, period-like cramps! I feel just like you, @jlellis603--it's the kind of feeling I used to get just before my period came, when I'd be laying in bed in the morning and just know that when I got up to go to the bathroom, AF would be there.

I keep forgetting that I actually AM going to get my period again soon enough. Ugh.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @ohstars I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep us updated!
  • I get that period like feeling too, but mine is more like a heavy bloated pressure down low. I was nervous so I told my OB. She said it could be baby beating up my bladder, pressing down in a weird position, etc. She said it is all normal and to only worry if I get bleeding, leaking fluid, or timeable contractions. My belly also aches like crazy if I sneeze or cough. This is totally a shit is getting real symptom thread this week. 2 babies born so far...and the rest of us are getting so close. 
  • Fuck @ohstars I'm sorry. I had trace protein in my urine last week but am almost positive I have a uti right now. I go in tomorrow morning. 
  • @ohstars thinking good thoughts for you!
  • Thinking good thoughts for you @ohstars take it easy and rest up :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thinking of you @ohstars. How far along are you? Sending all the best thoughts your way and hoping you take the next days to relax as best you can. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oooh, I get period-like cramps 1-2x/day, but not super painful. @FreshBakedBrownies talked me back down because I didn't remember having those with DD and was getting nervous. And then I wander in this thread and everyone is having them. Oh wow.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• I'm so sorry @ohstars. I hope with treatment and monitoring your baby has plenty more time to cook. 

@PerraSucia FX it's a UTI. A strange thing to say but seems appropriate here.