April 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 12/17

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..)
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 12/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? Endive, banana (again?), carrot, chipotle burrito (I know what's for lunch this week!), rotary tool.

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue - Samuel Cruz

Appointments this week? Had my anatomy scan on Tuesday and a follow up phone call on Thursday. All is well! Next appointment isn't until January 9th.

Symptoms? Lots of kicks! 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Not much this week, other than my AS. I did pick up some baby clothes and what it from a friend last weekend. Still have to go through it and sort/organize though. I'm waiting for the nursery to be put together though...DH is SLOWLY working on painting the nursery furniture. I asked him to have it done by Xmas, but it's not looking likely, so maybe by New Years...?

Rants/Raves/Questions: I found out earlier this week that my BFF is pregnant!!! She's 16 weeks behind me (she just found out). I am so excited for her! She had a loss last year, so if you are into that kind of thing, please pray for a healthy baby. 

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I'd have to say I was a mix. I was a "nerd" in the way that I got good grades and I was in AP classes. I played softball so that put me in the "jock" category. People knew who I was but I wouldn't say I was popular. But I was fairly well liked. 
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 aw! Praying for your friend. How great for her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    22 weeks.  

Just found out this afternoon we are Team Blue!  I'm happy to have a boy, but I got a little emotional that I won't get to name a baby after my grandmother.  I'm glad we found out because I will need some time to be sad about that. Plus, we have no boy's names really so this is tough!

Everything else at the scan looked great. Size is more in line with what I calculated based on how long my cycles are, but my midwives just use LMP and not cycle length.  So she said she thought we were due a week later than 4/22.  I'm not going to actually change it unless my midwives want to, but the later the baby comes the better in terms of my FMLA.  We have our regular appointment Friday too.  

Symptoms are headaches most days.  They seem to hit after lunch and stick around til bed. I also am just feeling big and having a harder time maneuvering myself around....going to get interesting soon.  STMs, remember the roll off the couch move in third tri?  I'm starting to bust it out already.

I just bought a pair of baby sandals.  I didn't buy any shoes for DD as an infant because I thought they were a waste of money.  But,  cute factor won this time. 

GTKY:  I was a nerd, big time.  Took all AP classes, big theatre dork.  My HS was huge, about 3,000 kids so there weren't really popular kids anyway. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @cafedisco congrats on being team blue! Also, I definitely utilize the roll out of bed move every morning. I don't exactly know how this happened (ok, yes I do), but I feel HUGE!!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23w

How big is baby? Barbie doll 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green

Appointments this week? No appointments until 12/27.

Symptoms? So much movement. Still pretty tired. Lots of stretching. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Not much. We have some big things already. I think DH got me a new carrier for Christmas. We just need to settle on nursery bedding. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm getting over a nasty child and sinus infection. The only good thing about this is that I had to go to the doctor top get an antibiotic and found out my BP was 122/70, which is much better then it's been! 

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) I was into everything, so I don't know if I was in a group. I took AP classes and did well, so I was something of a nerd, I guess. I also did band and played sports. I edited the yearbook. I had a very diverse friend group. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Options
    How far along are you? I'm feeling 22 (weeks)!

How big is baby? Spaghetti squash

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green! Although I am getting a strong boy vibe...

Appointments this week? Not until January 10th. 

Symptoms? The discomfort at the site of my stitches has subsided so yay! Otherwise, still drinking milk like it's going out of style, craving all the cold fruit foods (aka Popsicles & sorbet), and all the hip pain. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? We placed our paint order! Technically not for baby but one of the colors is for DD's new room since baby will be taking over the nursery. Also completed the steps to get my welcome box from our Amazon registry!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Two friends shared the news they are expecting this week and a third announced they are having a boy! Surrounded by so much baby love right now.  <3 Congratulations to your friend, @KirstinH88! Hope she has a happy & healthy 9 months!

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular etc..) Nerd who knew people from all circles due to being involved in ALL the things. 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    25 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Cauliflower 
    Team Blue, Pink, Green?
    Pink
    Appointments this week? 
    Nope. Glucose test is next in a few weeks
    Symptoms?
    Same 'ol, same 'ok here. Insomnia, BH, sciatica are all in full swing. 
    What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 
    Not really. I'm trying to focus on eating more food and gain some weight to support this little girl. Work has been busy too so not a lot of time at home to prepare. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I'm tired of folks bugging me about a name. I don't know yet!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @twistsandturnsto2 any names on your short list?  We're totally stuck too, especially now that we have to come up with a boy's name. We spent over an hour trying to solve it last night. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    What kind of names are you typically into @cafedisco

Sawyer is our top boy name
    We also like Lukas, Rowan, Roman. I've always liked the classic common names too such as Andrew, Michael, James, Daniel, etc.

Don't mind me barging in... haha
  • Options
    Welcome to team blue @cafedisco !
  • Options
    @cafedisco Dh is pretty much stuck and decided on Samantha Leigh. I don't mind Samantha(and I actually suggested it, but would like a different middle name, but Dh won't budge. Eleanor Ann is also an option(it was our girl name our first pregnancy). I still like Annabelle but that was nixed too
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SDSwenson I like old fashioned names, but I don't like how popular they are lately. I've wanted a baby Henry since I was a little girl but it's just too common for us to use now. DD has a very classic name, and so do I.  My biggest problem with boy's names is that I hate a lot of the nicknames that go with them.  So it rules out a lot!

@lovelongdog06 thanks!  I'm getting used to it. I should count myself lucky that I'll get one of each, I suppose. I'm just still a bit sad for now. 

@twistsandturnsto2 I am partial to Samantha!  So pretty.  But so are Eleanor and Annabelle. Is your H open to discussing them? 

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @cafedisco don't rule out a great name just because of the nickname. I know several people who have a common name that can be shortened with a nickname and they choose to go by the longer name (Michael, Matthew). And Samuel will be called Samuel (at least by me). I have no plans on shortening his name to Sammy or Sam.
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 it's true...I should be more open to it.  I told DH last night that maybe I just need to be ready to be more assertive about the name/nickname.  DD's name does not have any normal nicknames so I never mentioned that we'd prefer her full name, but sure enough MIL managed to come up with the ugliest NN ever....DD herself has squashed that now that she can talk, luckily!

We have a short list now of 3 names.  I have no clue how we'll pick at this point.  We knew with DD because she was named for DH's grandma so it was just so natural.  
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks! 

How big is baby? a grapefruit even though I'm already feeling like I've swallowed a cantaloupe. 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Pink! 

Appointments this week? None until January. 

Symptoms? just heartburn and really it's because of all the Christmas goodies. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Nothing.  Lol I'm too focused on Christmas and then we will worry about preparing for baby. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I went shopping for a few wintery maternity clothes.  My last pregnancy was during summer.  I tried on a pair of Jessica Simpson xl jeans and I couldn't even pull them over my hips!   Most xl jeans are slightly too big or just right.  It was bull crap!  Lol but I did score a pair of jeans and a cute top on clearance. 

GTKY: If you had to put yourself into a stereotypical group, who were you in high school? (Jock, nerd, stoner, popular)   hmm...that's kind of a hard question to answer.  I was in the "other" group.  Lol most people liked me but I wasn't popular,  my friends were kinda dorky but not nerds. We had freaks, stoners, surfers, "trailer park kids" (totally not meant as a dis, it's what they called themselves)  and in my high school they all got grouped together and I fit in that group somewhere lol