June 2017 Moms

Amazon Welcome Registry Box!

For those who have yet to register, Amazon has an awesome welcome box for completing a registry with them, having yourself or someone purchase $10.00 from your registry, and for having a Prime membership.

I just received my box today and it included a Swaddleme muslin swaddle blanket (neutral color), an Oball toy, a bottle, a 400-count pack of wipes, and travel pack of wipes, and tons of samples of soap, butt paste, and other things.  I got it within two weeks of completing my registry.

**not a sponsored post, I just wanted to share this with you all. ;)

Re: Amazon Welcome Registry Box!

• Nice!! I'll have to give it a try!
  • Did they have you pay for shipping or was it just that $10 initial purchase? 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Assiram42Assiram42 member
    edited December 2016
    BellaO21 said:
    Did they have you pay for shipping or was it just that $10 initial purchase? 
    It's free shipping with Prime.  I just made my registry and bought a pacifier for $10 and then added the welcome box to my cart, it says it's $35, but then it gave me $35 in an Amazon GC to use to purchase. So other than the $10, it was totally free.

Note: every box is different. Some friends received outfits, pacifiers, diapers, etc.
  • I'm gonna go buy something just for the box! 
  • I'm gonna go buy something just for the box! 
    That's exactly what I did. I bought a freaking $10 pacifier, for crying out loud.

I was worried it would be a lame box, but it was totally worth it, hence why I am passing it on! :)
  • Thanks for the heads ul
  • Mine is coming next week! I did my registry and bought some sleepers. I can't wait to get it!
  • edited December 2016
    I just ordered some bibdanas! Yay! 

Edit: spelling 
  • Awesome! Just made my registry and bought some swaddle blankets!
  • My box was totally lame! I got a pair of pants and a trial sized thing of wipes. And a few other tiny samples. There was also a Bai drink and some super healthy bar that DH ate haha I bought a sleep nursing bra though and it's amazing! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok, I did this wrong. No option to add the box popped up for me. What the heck. 
  • Ok, I did this wrong. No option to add the box popped up for me. What the heck. 
    Did you create your registry yet?
  • @Assiram42 I did. It isn't very robust yet but it's a work in progress. 
  • @Mother0fDragons, I had to wait until my order shipped before it would acknowledge the $10.00 purchase and allow my to 'buy' the box.
  • Your registry also has to be 100% complete.  There were categories I was t going to add, so you can manually mark them all complete.
  • @Assiram42 You're the Amazon box FAQ. Thanks! 
  • My welcome box was very similar to what @Assiram42 got.  It was so worth filling out the registry, even if I don't end up really using it as it is.
  • Assiram42 said:
    @Mother0fDragons, I had to wait until my order shipped before it would acknowledge the $10.00 purchase and allow my to 'buy' the box.
    Thanks for this. It was driving me crazy that it wasn't letting me get the box as soon as i bought something (that is actually for dd lol). 
  • Check! Can't wait to get mine!
  • @Assiram42 Thanks so much for all of the tips - I could NOT figure out why it wouldn't work for me until you explained it so clearly.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • This is wonderful... I got my registry knocked out, even though it is really just my shopping list for most things if/when I can't find things second hand or in my house somewhere.  Thanks!!
  • I need to try this. Thanks!!
  • I did this, and got around the $10 purchase by adding the PNVs I already take to the registry, then purchasing them. Tricky Tricky!
  • So glad you posted this! I attempted to get this box and had some issues! Now that you explained it I figured it out! Thank you @Assiram42
  • @cait32 you just have to complete the checklist which you can do manually.  You don't actually need to complete the regustry.  Since this is #2 for me I don't need a lot if the stuff on the checklist, so I just checked it off without adding those things to the registry.
  • @Cait32 just go to your registry checklist page and manually check all the boxes. You do not actually have to choose things from those categories. 
  • Exactly what they said.^
  • Anybody else know of any incentives to make registeries? At one time I had saved a link with freebies and stuff and I apparently can't find it now.
  • Anybody else know of any incentives to make registeries? At one time I had saved a link with freebies and stuff and I apparently can't find it now.
    Target gives out nice goodie bags and coupons for registering. With my son I got a bottle, some lotions, a pacifier, and other samples. Coupons came at registry completion time, when he turned 6 months, and then again at a year. 
  • Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to try it out! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I'm bumping this thread back up for anyone who might have missed it. 

I got mine in the mail yesterday and it was better than I expected! I got a trial size of Amazon wipes, trial of pampers wipes, sample of breast pads, sample of two types of lotion, an Avent bottle, an O-ball toy, and a the cutest muslin swaddling blanket with hedgehogs all over it!!! And it shipped in 3 days instead of the projected 6 so I was even more excited when it came 

Thanks again for the tips on how to do this, very much worth it! 
  • @kassyfry, we got the exact same box!
  • Is there a way to get it avoiding the registration for Prime? I'm still really on the fence about that.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Huh, I didn't think I'd be able to get one, since I've had a baby registry on Amazon since 2010 (with DS1).  But I went in to update it today, and since I'm already a Prime member and have purchased stuff over the past 6 years, I was already eligible for the box.  Just ordered it today.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Is there a way to get it avoiding the registration for Prime? I'm still really on the fence about that.
    No, I don't think so, but if you're not sure you want to spend the $99, you can do a one month subscription, I think or at least a three month subscription.

I will say that once baby is here, their diaper subscription is totally with the prime membership and the savings on diapers basically pays the membership fee.  

Pampers 252 count diapers:
    $35.48 ($.14/diaper) at Walmart
    $27.19 ($.11/diaper) at Amazon 

Huggies 276 count:
    $39.99 ($.14/diaper) at Walmart
    $31.99 ($.12/diaper) on Amazon

The prime membership comes out to $8.25 a month, you're saving $8.29 on Pampers alone. They also have wipes subscribe and save options and their Prime Pantry has great deals, though they aren't always cheaper than stores, so you have to be picky about what you buy or watch for coupons.

I also like that they have cloud storage for photos and Amazon Music and books for Kindle. 

We definitely get our monies worth.
    Yes. You can do the free membership of prime. When you start the registry and then purchase your item for $10 or more it asks you if you want prime. I said yes. Then once you can get the box and it ships you can delete the free prime membership. Mine was for thirty days. I went and deleted it last night by going into my prime account. It gives you a confirmation you deleted your membership and even states you won't be charged for prime in the future. You can still utilize prime for the full thirty days even though you deleted it. Prime isn't something that I felt our family would utilize so this was the route I went and it worked. 
  • @belhurstbride I'm right there with you.  I have my prenatals on automatic shipping.  My husband will buy pretty much anything he needs in life through it.  I use the amazon grocery delivery service through prime and it's awesome.  I live in the greater Seattle area and they'll deliver your groceries within 2 hours of ordering them... including wine!  This is my favorite part of Amazon when I'm tired and only need a few things. 
  • Lurking from May. Prime is pretty much life. We order stuff several times a week. I'm annoyed about the registry box though. So my parents actually have and pay for the Prime account, then you can add people onto it who get the main benefits (free 2 day shipping, some other things). Of course, the registry box is one of those things you don't get. After reading what you all got, I think I'm going to create a quick one in my Moms account to get the box.

Anyways, anyone on the fence about Prime, it is SO worth it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry