March 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 12/20

Sorry @hippiemama, hope you don't mind me starting this!

For everyone due 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, or 3/28!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 12/20

• How far along are you? 28 weeks...this freaks me out!

How big is baby? An eggplant

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope.  I had my rhogam shot yesterday.  Burned like a mother!

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so excited for Christmas!  I can't wait until Christmas morning with our three year old.  A little sad it will be her last Christmas as an only child.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Iced sugar cookie or gingerbread cookie

• How far along are you?  29 weeks 

How big is baby? Acorn Squash 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had my OB appointment yesterday- all is looking fine so far. I love this OB but she is just really laid back and chill and I wish she would be more accommodating to my anxiety sometimes (especially her knowing my *TW* loss history). I do really like that my appointments are every 2 weeks now though...even though she said that the latest literature doesn't really support low risk pregnancies being seen that often. Oh well, makes me feel better!

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing really new happening- burning skin still going on on the top of my belly, swelling still there but not getting any worse- definitely feel uncomfortable laying in certain positions and feeling more and more like a turtle on its back each day! lol Pretty much my feet are non-existent to me. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Checking out a day care today- this is the 2nd one we are looking at. Its just so hard to decide- I haven't even had the baby yet and already dreading having to leave her with someone else :( 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Tough call between snickerdoodle or molasses- also you can't beat a good sugar cookie with frosting!

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of an acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Heartburn is definitely getting worse! I used to get relief from two tums at a time but now it seems I need at least four. It's getting more painful too :/

Rants/Raves/Questions? So I didn't post last week because I came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. I can honestly say I have never been so sick in my life. On a positive note the worst of my symptoms only lasted about 12 hours, but because my stomach was still messed up for a few days after my OB made me do a 24 hour urine collection that started this past Sunday morning. Not fun! I'm glad I didn't have to do it on a work day but I had to miss a cookie exchange I was supposed to go to because I was home peeing in a cup. Sorry for the TMI but the whole experience was really annoying! 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? I love a good chocolate chip cookie! I also really like ricotta cookies :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gracie4400 I had to do a 24 hour urine collection before after I had a kidney stone....not fun at all I agree!
  • How far along are you? 28 weeks. Hello third tri!!

How big is baby? Eggplant

Upcoming appointments this week? No medical appts this week but I do have a boutique 3D ultrasound this Friday!

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new symptom wise but i'm feeling LOTS of movement during the day

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm stoked to have this Friday and next Monday off of work! Christmas is always a go, go, go kind of holiday but we're hoping to get some nursery stuff done too. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies but chocolate chip works just fine too!

Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 28 weeks - also a newly third tri gal!

How big is baby? Eggplant or Nintendo!

Upcoming appointments this week? None until next Tuesday for my 1-hour GTT

Any new symptoms or changes? I feel like my irritability and short temper are back. It could also just be me being sick of being sick and not getting very good sleep at night. Otherwise all is well, overall! Nothing too new.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just so excited to be in the final trimester. I definitely have anxiety, namely in terms of delivering the baby safely and things remaining uncomplicated. However, I still feel incredibly grateful to have made it this far. I hope I'm strong enough and ready for what's to come. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Iced sugar cookies :) 

• How far along are you? 26 weeks!

How big is baby? Kale

Upcoming appointments this week? None till my glucose test next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Sleeping has become very uncomfortable despite having a ton of comfy pillows around me :(

Rants/Raves/Questions? I put the wall appliques up in baby's room yesterday and it looks adorable! I wanna go out and buy all the bedding and other things now to finish the room but I'm forcing myself to wait until I'm done my winter semester.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? My mom used to make these things called nut tossies, I think they're my favorite...also love chocolate chip and butter cookies with sprinkles. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Better late than never....

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? kale

Upcoming appointments this week? none

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling more pressure up towards my ribs. I'm guessing it is just because everything is still pushing northward. Tons of baby kicks. Little guy is getting strong!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: never get the stomach flu. Worst weekend of my life. Rave: How are we already to this point? I remember when I found out I was pregnant that I would be 26 weeks along at Christmas and thinking it seemed so far away.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas cookie? All of them. :)