February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (12/19)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/19)

• Our seven pound dog produces so much body heat. He's allowed in the bed and I guess he was cold because he was inching closer and closer to me all night. I ended up on the edge of the bed with him under my shoulder. I was sweating even though it's freezing in the house right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe Did I miss something, are you guys alright?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe Did I miss something, are you guys alright?
    I think they're talking about the truck crash in Berlin. Is that right?
  • homemake said:
    @grapeskittles4lyfe Did I miss something, are you guys alright?
    Yes. It's so upsetting when something like that happens in your city, even if nobody you know is affected. Glad you're ok @grapeskittles4lyfe!
  • Absolutely cool @lemieuxk although you starting it gave me a minor heart attack!
  • homemake said:
    @grapeskittles4lyfe Did I miss something, are you guys alright?
    Yes. It's so upsetting when something like that happens in your city, even if nobody you know is affected. Glad you're ok @grapeskittles4lyfe!
    Oh gosh, just went and read the news. Glad you are all ok @grapeskittles4lyfe! I will be praying for the families of all involved. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Glad you are still among the KU @lemieuxk! Punch LO, punch! But not too hard. 
  • DH was just asked to go on a work trip to CA/AZ (4 hour direct flight) at 36 weeks. I don't *think* it's a big deal and I think that's early enough, but just wanted to get a feel from the group on when your SOs will stop traveling for baby watch. 
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe it was the Xmas market by my sisters apartment! They were just there Saturday.  :o
  • My H was supposed to go to training an hour and a half away next month. I said no and when he talked to his boss, they asked the due date and told him definitely not. lol If he absolutely has to travel, definitely have a plan B for everything.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @patience7150 I'd be fine with it. 
  • @Patience7150 that's cutting it a bit close but hopefully it should be ok. I'd probably not want H traveling after 34 but mostly because of our older son and those arrangements. Does he have a choice to go or stay? 
  • I was finally editing my sister in laws birth photos as I am her own unofficial birth photographer,  and my little girls were peeking over my shoulder.   This led to a pretty awkward,  I am so not good at this conversion about how babies get out of their mommies.  

@kswiger06 I thought about you,  and how we were both squeamish about the topic!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad to hear you and your family are safe @grapeskittles4lyfe! My sister went to university in Bremen and has a lot of friends living in Berlin, luckily they were all safe as well. I'll be keeping everyone impacted in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Partyof6? said:
    I was finally editing my sister in laws birth photos as I am her own unofficial birth photographer,  and my little girls were peeking over my shoulder.   This led to a pretty awkward,  I am so not good at this conversion about how babies get out of their mommies.  

@kswiger06 I thought about you,  and how we were both squeamish about the topic!
    Did you end up telling them the real deal? I chickened out and so far they haven't asked anymore details. I prefer sticking with "there's a special hole" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gretchypoo I call that my crazy cry. I know I have to look 100% insane crying and laughing at the same time! I'm sorry you don't get any delicious cookies right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Patience7150 how long is your H supposed to be on this work trip? If it's a night or two, I feel like I'd be ok with it. If it's longer, nope. And if it got close to time for the trip and there were any signs I might go into labor soon, I'd also not be ok with it.

H's family's annual snowboard trip is right when I'm around 36 weeks, and I vetoed going on that. H briefly suggested he could go without me, but it's a 4-hour drive away, and if he's on the mountain (no reception) all day every day, he could very easily miss our child's birth. I also vetoed both of us going, because while there are hospitals there, I want to deliver with my MW team (plus there would literally be nothing for me to do all day while everyone was gone, and I can't drink, or go in the hot tub/sauna, or eat any of the good food because of GD. It would be super lame). And again - if I went into labor in the morning and he was on the mountain, he could miss some or all of the baby's birth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kswiger06 that is the PERFECT name for it! 

@Janefelicity I actually asked H to not eat sweet in front of me-- this actually was him being thoughtful. And he felt SO BAD. It was hilarious and hormonal :smile:
  • @fourPsinapod I'm glad everything is ok!
  • @fourPsinapod glad everything worked out! That is scary. Hopefully you can avoid l and d going forward until it's the real thing!
  • @fourPsinapod I'm glad you and baby are doing good!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Also by watching the monitor (where they show all the women hooked up to monitor contractions) and seeing what one other girl in another room was going through, I was like ohhhh nooooo.. it looked painful. Lots of hills and spikes in that graph! 
  • @fourPsinapod Glad everything is ok!
  • lemieuxk said:
    @fourPsinapod glad everything worked out! That is scary. Hopefully you can avoid l and d going forward until it's the real thing!
    Thank you! Me too! They were really nice there though and got me out quickly so that was a plus. I was just thinking, man, my insurance needs one more good hit before the year is up lol! 
    Ha! I'm starting to get EOBs for all of my hospital shenanigans and my insurance company is going to HATE me! 
  • That sounds scary @fourPsinapod but I'm glad everything is ok
    Pregnancy Ticker