July 2017 Moms
Options

Help with Crinone

Hi

I did a FET last month 11/11 to be exact and it resulted in a positive. I'm currently 8 weeks 4 days and have been taking Crinione since 11/9. This morning when I went to clean it out I notices black mixed in with the Crinone should I be concerned.  I've heard of others having light reddish colors but not of black.  Its really scaring me and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.  On top of that I smell a medicated smell all day from it which maybe just do to my heightened sense of smell.  I see my doctor on Thursday so I just have to wait.

Re: Help with Crinone

• Options
    From what I understand, Crinone is a brand of progesterone (correct?). While I have no experience taking progesterone, black discharge sounds unusual and should definitely be brought to the attention of your doctor.
  • Options
    Black discharge (vaginal?) sounds concerning to me. Black in fecal matter tends to mean dried blood, and I don't know what else black from the vagina would be. Call your doctor. I have zero experience with FET or Crinone, but the discharge is enough to call about. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  I'll call in AM I just noticed today and was wondering if it was normal. Crinone is used during IVF/FETs for Progesterone supplement.  I the last time I had the shots this time this nasty Crinone stuff.  
  • Options
    I used crinone with my last pregnancy. It wasn't IVF but I had a history of recurrent miscarriage so the RE put me on it for extra support. I never had any sort of black discharge. I'd definitely mention it to the doc. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    I'm currently using crinone and have on occasion noticed some dark brown/black discharge when cleaning it out. Have you recently had a vaginal ultrasound or had sex? After discussion with my doctor, I realized that any dark discharge occurs 1-2 days after one of those things. It is likely dried blood, but I agree with others that you should discuss with the doctor to be completely sure. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

oh yes I did I had an ultrasound on Friday.  Maybe that's why.  I left a message for doctor to call back still awaiting. 

Thanks so much maybe that's why because of the ultrasound.