February 2017 Moms

Re: Symptoms 12/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Is my suspicious lack of symptoms considered a symptom? Other than the occasional twinge of heartburn and the need to pee every two hours, I'm a little freaked out that it seems to be smooth sailing right now.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Is my suspicious lack of symptoms considered a symptom? Other than the occasional twinge of heartburn and the need to pee every two hours, I'm a little freaked out that it seems to be smooth sailing right now.
    No, it's great! Own it and enjoy it!

My really prevailing symptom has been groin pain. Whenever I sit or lie down for a while, getting up is just so painful. It's really slowing me down. I've read descriptions of SPD and it doesn't sound like that, just extreme muscle soreness. Other than that, I just feel exhausted. Making dinner gets me winded. I've been pretty strict with myself about keeping somewhat active this pregnancy and it's starting to feel like I shouldn't have bothered. Just sort of feels like everything I do, I'm doing while pushing through a wall of molasses.

Heartburn has getting better, but I've had less appetite and have been eating smaller meals so that's probably why. I'll take it though!
    I was having that horrible muscle soreness a few weeks ago for a while and I noticed that when I upped my water intake and gave myself a "weekend off" from activity it seemed to go away. How much water are you drinking a day? My problem was climbing the stairs in my house everyday, so I slept on the couch while DH worked the night shift and stayed downstairs for a weekend, and it really seemed to help. 
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • I feel like the last 10 weeks with DD were a lot less annoying than this time. With DD (Aug13 baby) I didn't appreciate the heat and my feet swelled up to an astonishing size, but other than that, nothing.

With this one, insomnia, bowling-ball feeling keeping me from getting out of bed, soreness in the groin area, peeing every 2 minutes...LO is really racking up the pregnancy complaint points over here.

And I still am hoping she will go to 40+ weeks so SO can get here in time (he leaves for Boston on Jan 8th and comes back to Germany 10 days before EDD).
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• The bottom of my feet hurt so bad that I can't be barefoot or just socks around the house. Also feeling super weepy this morning :(
  • I feel like the baby is trying to punch his way out of my cervix and I have a foot or something between my ribs.I can't wait to breathe and be able to bend over again!
  • @ChaoticWolf I'm pretty solid on water-well over 100 oz a day. I have also noticed that rest helps though. It's a tough balance because I want to keep my fitness up for labor, but the cold snap here has caused me to skip a few dog walk days lately and that has been nice. 
    No, it's great! Own it and enjoy it!

My really prevailing symptom has been groin pain. Whenever I sit or lie down for a while, getting up is just so painful. It's really slowing me down. I've read descriptions of SPD and it doesn't sound like that, just extreme muscle soreness. Other than that, I just feel exhausted. Making dinner gets me winded. I've been pretty strict with myself about keeping somewhat active this pregnancy and it's starting to feel like I shouldn't have bothered. Just sort of feels like everything I do, I'm doing while pushing through a wall of molasses.

Heartburn has getting better, but I've had less appetite and have been eating smaller meals so that's probably why. I'll take it though!

SITB
    This is all me!!!! I thought it was SPD, but my doctor said it sounds like normal pregnancy crap. Wanting to cry when I roll over in bed doesn't seem too normal to me, but I'll try the water. I need to up my intake a lot anyway, so maybe that's it.
  • Everything. I hate sitting on the couch at night because sitting is uncomfortable. My ankles are swollen. I feel like a giant balloon. How the hell will I last 10 more weeks?!?!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • +1 to a suspicious lack of symptoms, @ChaoticWolf! Other than not sleeping great and having to switch sides every few hours every night, I actually feel pretty good. Baby moves a LOT, is that a symptom? Ha.

I don't know if I just got lucky, or what - but I didn't get morning sickness, still no heartburn, no insomnia, only very occasional constipation (thought I eat a ton of fiber and drink a lot of water, so that helps), very occasional back pain. I did have RLP for a solid month in the 2nd tri, and I feel it once in a while, but it's gotten a lot better. I feel like I am waiting for all the terrible side effects to start, but I'm enjoying being relatively comfortable right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Add me to the groin pain. I swear though, it feels like a pulled muscle in my lady parts. I also look like a 90 year old man shuffling around my house first thing in the morning. Feet hurt, ankles hurt, knees hurt. I drink what feels like a ton of water but I could always do better. And this sinus infection can just screw right off. 
  • Hang in there, ladies!! I hope it gets better for all of you, or at least bearable. We're almost there!

Just last night I was mentioning to my SO that I have had a relatively easy pregnancy - morning sickness for the first trimester and half of the second trimester, and only small bouts of heartburn, swollen ankles, and gall bladder issues from fatty foods. All in all, not as horrific as I expected.

And then I went to bed. Woke up burning hot in the middle of the night with severe heartburn that made me so nauseous. I ended up getting sick which turned to dry heaves, and then had diarrhea not long after. All the while baby is kicking up a storm and just irritating me as I'm trying to find a comfortable position.

Not sure if it was something I ate, or if I'm in for a really rough week...I'm thinking it's the latter. I was a bridesmaid in my SIL's wedding on Saturday and I think I pushed myself too far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am currently having the worst back pain I've had all pregnancy (honestly, I haven't really had much of any) and period-like cramps. I cant even sit or bend forward. I have a 45 minute drive home in 15 minutes and I might not make it ahhhh
  • Feeling like a horse kicked me in my groin. Lower back pain like hell. Waaah!
  • Partyof6? said:
    Um @jlellis603, are you okay?   I would call your doc with back pain and cramping. 
    I agree. That could be contractions!!! Update us when you can
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Partyof6? said:
    Um @jlellis603, are you okay?   I would call your doc with back pain and cramping. 
    Agreed! This happened to me like 2 months ago and they sent me to the L&D triage. It obviously was okay, but might be worth a call. I had no idea the back pain was a labor sign! 
  • The hip pain is real....and I am just generally uncomfortable. I am huge too....granted I am under 5' so my belly is heavier than it would be on someone who is 5'4'', but ouch
  • @jlellis603 - any update? hope you are ok!
  • lfrank12 said:
    Stretch marks alllll over my butt  :|
    Oh no!!! I haven't even tried looking at my butt, but I will be checking it out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 Hoping for a positive update! How are you doing?

@lfrank12 They haven't made it to my butt thus far (I don't have much to speak of), but they are now creeeping up from the bottom of my belly.  :s
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @ChaoticWolf @madamerwin my last pregnancy was so breezy I thought everyone else was making up their symptoms. This pregnancy is a different story. Enjoy it! 
  • More intense sciatic nerve pain for me. My stomach also feels noticeably stretched after I eat or drink a lot of liquids these days, it's not painful just kind of... strange feeling.
  • Partyof6? said:
    I appreciate the worry! I'm okay, at least pretty sure haha. That was my first thought when my back started hurting so bad, I was like "omg are these labor pains". But I've had period-like cramping for about a month now and have gotten checked out and cleared so I wasn't too concerned. I didn't want to call because I had just called about the cramps last week and had an OB visit and I didn't want to be "that pregnant lady". This morning I still feel some pain in my back and some general crampiness but not as bad as last night - I can function at least. So for now, I'm chalking it up to being in the 3rd trimester :'( haha
  • Oh! and @HeatSparks , you're not a burden! I know it can be sucky to feel like you cant pitch in where you usually do but like my fiancé reminds me, you are doing so much for your family and you have such an important job to do right now! You got this girl!

• This morning, as I was putting on my socks, I got a sharp pain in the very top of my bump (abs?).  I feel like I pulled something and it's still a little sore.  Anyone else experience this kind of thing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The hip pain is so out of control.  I have to stretch for like 30 minutes in the morning before I can feel even remotely like a human.  And I guess decent sleep is just not a thing anymore.  I'm in bed for 10+ hours a night, but between getting up 8-10 times and struggling to turn over and get comfortable every thirty seconds, I guess I'm not getting much rest.
  • @MLRocha that happened to me a few times, probably two months ago - sudden, pulled-muscle feeling when I moved wrong, lasted about 30 seconds or so. My MW didn't really have a good explanation, other than "growing pains". But eventually I stopped getting them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Got my 3rd bout of restless leg syndrom last night... So I guess that is sticking around. Fun!
  • +1 to the hip pain, insomnia, RLS, back pain. Aaaannd I barfed five or six times on Sunday, the first real nausea I've had this entire pregnancy. It might have been a bug, but I'm still trying to be careful about what I eat. Last night's (lack of) sleep especially sucked because I could taste my dinner Brussels sprouts all. damn. night. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Crap. Spoke too soon. It seems that the lack of symptoms has ended, and now I'm having the worst heartburn I've ever had in my life. Ow.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017