February 2017 Moms

Anyone else borderline pre-eclampsia/vision problems?

I'm getting really overwhelmed with all of the appointments I need to have.  I think at this point I am supposed to be seeing my OB twice a month but am seeing her every week to run labs for pre-eclampsia because I have chronic high blood pressure.  This is in addition to my monthly high-risk OB appointment (this is my second pregnancy so since I had hypertension the first go-round I am automatically high-risk).  Tomorrow I also have an appointment with an opthalmologist to do an eye exam because my vision has been doing very strange things.  I've seen everything from spots, to cobwebs, to squiggles of lights, to it literally looking like lights are flickering on and off when I am sitting in a dark room and it has me very worried.  Mostly it's just been in my peripheral vision but lately I've been seeing some of these things "pinballing" across my main vision line.

I'm worried because apparently the treatment for this is delivery, and I just reached 32 weeks this past Saturday.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms that is as far or further along than me that can offer any advice or insight?  I'm just hoping I don't have to deliver early.

TIA, Sarah

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Anyone else borderline pre-eclampsia/vision problems?

• Loading the player...
  • @FerForShort, thank you for that information. If my post is misplaced, I am happy to look elsewhere for the information I am seeking.  I didn't realize there were specific forums within the main February 2017 one that I needed to post to.

@MrsDramaK, how was your response in any way helpful? I find the mobile version of this site to be extremely difficult to navigate which is why I don't post that much. I also spend Monday through Friday from 6am-7:30pm working as a Lead Teacher in an infant classroom where I am offering support, advice, and resources to mothers every day.  I'm sorry that's a format that is apparently 'frowned upon' in your opinion, but I offer my help whenever and however I can, even if it is not always here on this website.  Between working, chasing around a toddler, and overall just not feeling well this whole pregnancy, I'm sorry I have not been as active on this site as I was the first time around.  However, I can honestly say that if someone came to me concerned for their personal health or that of their unborn child, my response would not be to shun and criticize them.  As far as I knew, this was a community for women who are expecting in February 2017, of which I am a part of.  We are all on this journey together and if you don't want to answer my question that is your prerogative, but you didn't have to be so insensitive about it, either. I clearly found my way to somehow post a thread on here because I am THAT stressed and overwhelmed and didn't need your rude response.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • SarahG519 said:
    @FerForShort, thank you for that information. If my post is misplaced, I am happy to look elsewhere for the information I am seeking.  I didn't realize there were specific forums within the main February 2017 one that I needed to post to.

@MrsDramaK, how was your response in any way helpful? I find the mobile version of this site to be extremely difficult to navigate which is why I don't post that much. I also spend Monday through Friday from 6am-7:30pm working as a Lead Teacher in an infant classroom where I am offering support, advice, and resources to mothers every day.  I'm sorry that's a format that is apparently 'frowned upon' in your opinion, but I offer my help whenever and however I can, even if it is not always here on this website.  Between working, chasing around a toddler, and overall just not feeling well this whole pregnancy, I'm sorry I have not been as active on this site as I was the first time around.  However, I can honestly say that if someone came to me concerned for their personal health or that of their unborn child, my response would not be to shun and criticize them.  As far as I knew, this was a community for women who are expecting in February 2017, of which I am a part of.  We are all on this journey together and if you don't want to answer my question that is your prerogative, but you didn't have to be so insensitive about it, either. I clearly found my way to somehow post a thread on here because I am THAT stressed and overwhelmed and didn't need your rude response.
    QFP
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • SarahG519 said:
    I'm getting really overwhelmed with all of the appointments I need to have.  I think at this point I am supposed to be seeing my OB twice a month but am seeing her every week to run labs for pre-eclampsia because I have chronic high blood pressure.  This is in addition to my monthly high-risk OB appointment (this is my second pregnancy so since I had hypertension the first go-round I am automatically high-risk).  Tomorrow I also have an appointment with an opthalmologist to do an eye exam because my vision has been doing very strange things.  I've seen everything from spots, to cobwebs, to squiggles of lights, to it literally looking like lights are flickering on and off when I am sitting in a dark room and it has me very worried.  Mostly it's just been in my peripheral vision but lately I've been seeing some of these things "pinballing" across my main vision line.

I'm worried because apparently the treatment for this is delivery, and I just reached 32 weeks this past Saturday.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms that is as far or further along than me that can offer any advice or insight?  I'm just hoping I don't have to deliver early.

TIA, Sarah
    Original QFP
  • Oh, geez. 

OP, I've had some weird visual floaters, not nearly what you described. I hope you get some helpful answers and can stay pregnant a while longer! Can you reduce your hours/days at work? That would help with all these appointments and probably with your other issues, too. Good luck!
  • @SarahG519 I agree that finding the threads mentioned (symptoms, and appointment threads) would be a great place to move this concern. Most of us have been here for each other since our BFPs and may overlook your specific thread just because we don't recognise you. If you move your question over to one of the other threads, you will probably get a better response. While I am responding in here though, I will tell you that I have no experience with your concerns. I am sorry you feel nervous and worried, but 32 weeks is still a good number. Best of luck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Darn it... @WinchesterGirl had I waited just a couple minutes longer, I would have seen your well said response, and not added my own lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  High blood pressure can affect your vision. I also get those issues with migraines. I don't think they'll deliver your baby because of your vision issues. I think that's what you're asking but I'm not sure I followed along with that wall of text correctly. correctly
  • Totally butting in here, but I didn't see a problem with this thread considering it can be a larger problem affecting many of us. I mean there is an entire thread dedicated to GD. Why wouldn't we have a Pre-E thread?

Go ahead. Flame away.....
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I had posted an intro months and months back and also posted in several other threads in the beginning of my pregnancy. As more complications started to arise and I just generally wasn't feeling great, I didn't come as often. As of right now I feel like I am constantly talking to doctors and there is no concrete information they can give me. It's just constant checking of labs. I simply posted to see if anyone else had been having similar symptoms and what their outcome was, as I don't know many pregnant people in real life and certainly none with the vision problems I've been having. I'm not claiming anyone here is a doctor, but if someone had experienced something similar and had any information for me I would've appreciated the feedback. Again, if you don't 'recognize me' you didn't need to respond to me at all, but what good comes from criticizing me? I'm sorry I haven't been more active around here but I thought someone might have information they might not mind sharing with me. My mistake.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • SarahG519 said:
    I had posted an intro months and months back and also posted in several other threads in the beginning of my pregnancy. As more complications started to arise and I just generally wasn't feeling great, I didn't come as often. As of right now I feel like I am constantly talking to doctors and there is no concrete information they can give me. It's just constant checking of labs. I simply posted to see if anyone else had been having similar symptoms and what their outcome was, as I don't know many pregnant people in real life and certainly none with the vision problems I've been having. I'm not claiming anyone here is a doctor, but if someone had experienced something similar and had any information for me I would've appreciated the feedback. Again, if you don't 'recognize me' you didn't need to respond to me at all, but what good comes from criticizing me? I'm sorry I haven't been more active around here but I thought someone might have information they might not mind sharing with me. My mistake.

Nobody really got too carried away with criticizing you. I understand why it feels that way, but really a few of us simply suggested to move your question to an appropriate thread in order to get the most feedback... and some even commented directly to your concerns, in this thread, while trying to be helpful.

MommaBean said:
    Oh, geez. 

OP, I've had some weird visual floaters, not nearly what you described. I hope you get some helpful answers and can stay pregnant a while longer! Can you reduce your hours/days at work? That would help with all these appointments and probably with your other issues, too. Good luck!

This ^^ was very sweet. 

Again I have no experience with what you are going through, and no knowledge, so instead, I'm sorry you feel worried and stressed. I hope your appointment tomorrow can ease your mind, and good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i have black floaters pretty much constantly but haven't had a rise in my BP so far. I just assumed they were ocular migraines.  Is it affecting your ability to drive or work? Has your BP been uncontrolled? They will more likely just have you do biweekly stress tests to make sure your babe is okay
  • @concreteangell
    Listen whatevs. I'm just saying I didn't think it needed to be rerouted to symptoms and who cares. If a woman needs support I'm here to help if I can. My support isn't conditional. 

I personally try to do things because I want to or out of kindness, not because I expect anything in return. That's how you end up pissed off. Expectations. 

Anywho OP I hope someone here is able to help you out and offer suggestions or at least comfort in knowing you aren't alone. 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • @kswiger06 i was mostly referring to mrsdramak's post in the beginning. I am thrilled for all of you that you have a tightknit community, I would never discredit that. And I appreciated the comment about moving to the other board, that was helpful information rather than hurtful. I have since moved to that thread in search of information. What I don't understand is what point there is in offering no real feedback and on top of that being insensitive to a person who is just asking a question.  Again, that response didn't come from you but from a couple of other posters.  I'm happy for you all that you've formed strong relationships with others on here and apparently that ship has sailed for me, lol, but I wish you all nothing but the best as we make our way to February!

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • @Spicyweiner not butthurt, just didn't know where to look for information apparently. I also didn't realize that 'newbs' or what have you are not welcome to ask questions, I thought this was just a forum in which I could ask a question and get an answer.  I just see no point in the negativity. If you don't have an answer, don't give one. But I didn't need people to go all 'Mean Girls' (literally) on me. Again, wish you all the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Honestly @SarahG519 people still trickle in here and get cozied up like they were here from the beginning. We are all getting very close, and if you saw, we have a member who officially had her baby, but if you want to hang out and get to know us for the last couple months, then drop in on some different threads and say hello. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 honestly I am terrified of 90% of you now and don't think I will bother posting anymore. I'm sure most of you are great people and I am thrilled for all of you on the new additions coming your way but after seeing what happened from posting one simple question I think I'm just done on these boards.  But good luck to you all and if anyone does come across this thread and have any similar symptoms/questions for ME, please inbox me and I will help in any way I can. Knowledge is power. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Bye. Good luck. 
  • i think there was tons of mean girl responses. but i mean that's par for the course around here. 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • @Spicyweiner there is a difference between how @FerForShort redirected me and what @MrsDramaK posted with a LITERAL Mean Girls meme and nothing constructive to say.  A little tact and respect goes a long way.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited December 2016
    SarahG519 said:
    @Spicyweiner there is a difference between how @FerForShort redirected me and what @MrsDramaK posted with a LITERAL Mean Girls meme and nothing constructive to say.  A little tact and respect goes a long way.
    And there you go again telling us how to respond....
    Instead of coming back and arguing your point, you could have posted in the appropriate place and moved on. 
    Some of us are definitely snarky, but it is a very supportive board overall. 

• I mean, I feel that most of us were sincere in our responses. But ok. Hope you get some answers from your docs.

First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14