February 2017 Moms

I guess I am a December 2016 Mama now...

So as it turns out baby girl decided that December was a prefect time to be born!   

On Thursday the 15th, 31weeks exactly, my water broke.  I went in and they gave me steroids and antibiotics.  We hoped to delay going into labor but last night baby Anna was just ready to enter the world!  

Everything happened so fast!  Things were good and normal at 12:30 when home care came to see me.  Then at 2ish I started with some braxton hicks and then the contractions slowly got more and more intense as the day went on.  At about 6pm things seemed to be slowly tapering off then at 7 the contractions were getting so painful and I felt all of the pressure down low!   By 8:30 I had like 15 contractions and they were about 5 mins apart so we got in the car dropped off out son at my brother's and booked it to the hospital.   I called my mom to say we were headed in and they said they were on their way.

It was about 9:30 when we got to the hospital.  I was up in triage and the contractions were getting bad!  They did a cervical check and I was already 4-5cm and that was about 25ish mins after arriving.  I told the Dr I had to go pee and she said ok.  I was about to change into the hospital gown when another contraction came and I felt the need to push!   I said I think I have to push and then they took me to the delivery room right away.  The Dr checked me out and I was at 9cm!!  that was 10 mins from when I Was only at 4-5......they got me to the delivery room.  My mom finally showed up!!  and then I was at 10cm and ready to go!   The room filled up with people fast.  I wasn't aloud to push until the NICU team was all in the room, but they got there quick!   

It only took three pushes and she was out, but damn was it tough!   

The whole thing happened so fast that we had no time to process anything and I was so overwhelmed once it was over.....

She came out crying and then second I heard her little cry I left myself cry with her.   

She is strong and doing so amazing!  

Re: I guess I am a December 2016 Mama now...