February 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments: Week of December 19

Nothing like an appointment to get a girl in the holiday spirit! Who's going over the river and through the woods to the doctor's office this week??

Re: Appointments: Week of December 19

• Options
    I have a regular bi-weekly check up on Thursday. We may or may not schedule the official date for the c-section. I'm thinking not... she'll probably only want to discuss it a few weeks prior. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    I'm the office's first appointment of the day and I've already been waiting over 20 minutes just to go back. Not a good start to my Monday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an OB appointment on Wednesday. I'm going to ask if they do anything differently for women who are AMA when it comes close to the EDD. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bi-weekly appointment and growth scan on Thursday. Hoping it will be rather uneventful!
  • Options
    I had my 30-week appointment this morning, which was a little bit behind schedule since I'll be 31 weeks on Wednesday.  Measured right on schedule, heartbeat was really strong, and my weight gain has slowed wayyyyy down, thank goodness.  I'll go back next Thursday for the 32-week jobber.  I also scheduled my 34-, 35-, and 36-week checkups, which felt like a Shit Just Got Real moment for me.  Here's hoping it's all boring, quick checkups like this from here on out!
  • Options
    Ive had a midwife appointment this afternoon & have my gd clinic tomorrow afternoon where i see 2 consultants, midwives & dietician. I do get a scan though which is always nice.
  • Options
    ColeBug89 said:
    I have a bi-weekly appointment and growth scan on Thursday. Hoping it will be rather uneventful!
    OMG! They have you going in twice a week?!
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo oh no! That was a typing fail on my part lol, my apologizes! I meant my every two week appointments! I clearly can't Bump too early in the morning  :p
  • Options
    ColeBug89 said:
    @Gretchypoo oh no! That was a typing fail on my part lol, my apologizes! I meant my every two week appointments! I clearly can't Bump too early in the morning  :p
    LOL that makes more sense! I was like "oh no! are you okay?" Glad everything is normal :-)
  • Options
    I had my first of the every two weeks appointments today.   Everything looked and sounded good,  my levels were good from bloodwork and he confirmed the kicked in the crotch feeling is normal at this stage with a 3rd full term pregnancy.  Great?

He says they only check position at 36 weeks,  but the baby was head down today.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    34 week checkup tomorrow! With my actual OB, instead of one of the other partners in her practice! (fun fact, I've only actually met my OB once)
  • Options
    Random fact: bi weekly can mean twice a week or every other week.  English rocks.
    I love learning something :-)

• Options
    Regular every 2 week checkup tomorrow morning.  Last appointment she was already head down, and hopefully she still is!
  • Options
    32 week appt today...got my tdap and everything else was super normal and uneventful. She recommended I stop wearing my wedding rings, but that's about it (concerns about randomly swelling up one day, or ending up in an emergency situation and needing to find a secure place for them). I don't go back until 36 weeks, and then weekly appointments after that. 

We did have an interesting discussion about birth control and plans post pregnancy. It's weird we're getting to the point where that's something to be thinking about. Where did the last 28 weeks go!? 
  • Options
    I had my gd clinic this afternoon. The baby is still measuring over 90th percentile & as a result the consultant is thinking that theyll take me in early to be induced at around 38 weeks. Ive kinda been freaking out since as thats only 4 weeks away & whilst im excited to meet her, it just feels so soon & im completely unprepared!
    That is so soon! 
  • Options
    Wow @Janefelicity!! That is super soon!
  • Options
    I have my 32w appointment tomorrow. This will be my first appointment since I had my GD diagnoses. I plan on asking all the questions as I'm kind of concerned on how this changes the plans for delivery and whether or not I'll be induced. I'll have a 34w appointment on Jan 4th because then they start going every two weeks. Crazy we're all getting so close to the end!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17