September 2016 Moms
Options

Making Mom friends

Does anyone else feel like making mom friends is a little like being back in high school again? 

Re: Making Mom friends

• Options
    Ha! Yes! It's taken me until now (my oldest is 8), to have two really good mom friends. We go on trips together etc. I met both of them through my husband, go figure. It really takes a lot of effort to carve out time to hang out, but always worth it.
  • Options
    Yeah i guess it's the whole making friends again as an adult that I'm finding hard but I know that I'm in a new phase of my life and this is necessary. Most of my closest friends I made in college but it seems like we're all moving in different directions and don't see each other as much now even though I still consider them my really good friends. I think in addition to adjusting to being a mom, I'm realizing my friends are changing too. Glad you made some close mom friends!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's hard! Once the baby is a little older, library story times are great for meeting some people.  Sometimes ya just got to get up the nerve to say "hey! We should hang out! Can I get your #!". I'm bad at that...
  • Options
    Lol me too! Thanks!
  • Options
    @Laraeq WHAT?! Must be nice not to have to go back to work! I think people are just so clueless to "normal" people's lifestyles and finances that they think some moms are choosing to go back early. My boss said I could only get 6 weeks off and I desperately pushed and was granted 8 weeks. It has been ROUGH and absolutely not what I would have wished for. If I could stay home with my baby all day and breastfeed him I would! That is not the reality for many, many people. He isn't even 3 months old and has been sick since he started daycare. It sucks. I have been awake since 2 am this morning caring for him. Ugh. That's annoying!
  • Options
    Omg @Laraeq that sounds terrible! Yeah, like I said, took me almost 8 years to find TWO mom friends, ha! People are crazy!