Pregnant after IF
Options

Rodan + Fields?

Hey ladies - yesterday I randomly came across a Facebook comment that mentioned R+F not being safe during pregnancy. I took the ingredient list to my RE and she basically said that, since they are not regulated, no one know really what is in there and the list is pretty much useless. She did say to definitely stay away from anything with retinol which makes sense. I'm curious if any of your docs have shed some light on what regimens can/cannot be used. I'm currently using Reverse in the AM (which I'll be discontinuing) and Redefine + the AMP MD roller in the PM as well as the microdermabrasian paste 2x week. I've read varying things about pieces of all of these so just wanted to get your thoughts. Also interested in what skincare products you are currently using! TIA
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: Rodan + Fields?

• Options
    That's really interesting.. My DH's cousin who also has IF issues sells R&F and she always tells me that the reason she started selling it is because it's safe to use for pregnancy.. I don't use it use it myself but I will ask her where she heard it was safe, unless she was just told that to get her to sign on to sell it.. Which is always a possibility. lol.  
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    I basically eliminated anything "fancy" from my skincare regimen before we transferred. I use cetaphil face wash and an Aveeno face lotion (off brand) in the AM, straight coconut oil in the evening. I use a clarisonic for extra facial treatment if needed, and found a recipe for an all natural face mask as well. While there certainly are safe anti-aging or extra-oomph products out there, I just didn't want to risk anything. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cupcakegal930 - I'd be curious what she says. In trolling a few past boards it looks like the consultants kind of think it's okay but the R+F site itself tells you to ask your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding which is a HUGE red flag to me. It shouldn't expire at least so I can save it for the future!

@dragonfaerie - sounds like my routine prior to R+F, good thing I didn't really toss any of it!! I literally almost sold my Clarisonic on Craigslist last week.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @byrneme I'm prone to scarring from acne, so I've found using the face buffer helps keep my skin clearer in the first place. The face lotion I use is the brightening one that supposed to reduce redness and help even skin out, but if I remember correctly, it's just soy-based .

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with R + F, but I use an Honest Co moisturizer and Jason body wash and face wash. I really just try to use natural products as much as possible but I don't go too crazy.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I'm a Proactive girl, and I've heard various things, but my doc said not to use it while pregnant. I've been using Cetaphil like @dragonfaerie and then I have some tea tree face lotion I slab on occasionally. It's not as effective as my normal routine, but if I use it twice a day it does a decent job at keeping big breakouts at bay.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    I'm a BeautyCounter user. It's the safest skin care line I could find.

https://www.beautycounter.com
  • Options
    There are two apps you can use to see how safe something is to use.  R&F is high on the toxicity list on these apps unfortunately.  The apps are Think Dirty and EWG.  THere's websites for each of those as well.  I like the app because when you are shopping you can scan the bar code of the item to see if its safe or not.   Generally, anything that has "Fragrance" listed as an ingredient is toxic.

Acure, Dr. Bronners, some Burt's Bees, Beauty Counter are my go -tos.  And you can get them all at target!
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am a consultant. From what I know, Redefine is okay- but DON'T use REVERSE. That being said- I don't use my products while pregnant (I even stopped during treatments just in case). 
    Id just rather not take any chances. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Thanks @Colleen0516 - it didn't even occur to me during treatments! I've stopped my Reverse & Night Restoring Serum completely and the toner of the Redefine, using witch hazel instead. I've ordered some Human + Kind from Sephora and am just waiting for it to get here! I'm going to ask (again - hopefully a different nurse) at my appointment tomorrow about the eye cream and lotion. Looking at the ingredient list it's definitely not all natural but nothing looks harmful. I am using Cetaphil with my Clairsonic at night and I looked it up on one of the apps mentioned above and it's a '10' which is BAD. Who knew?
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @byrneme dont use witch hazel! You will dry your skin out so much that you skin will start over producing oil to counteract the effect of the witch hazel- and then you will have tons of problems lol

I use dove soap( plain dove soap) and I bought vitamin E in cream form. I got it at cvs, or supermarkets (sometimes in the vitamin aisle- sometimes near the moisturizers depending on the store). The vitamin E is very good for your skin, its natural and keeps your skin hydrated but not overly moisturized. Cetaphil is good too. As for a toner, you should be good to go without one for a while, pregnancy will change your skin anyways. You can try natural masks to help you. Lemon is also great for toning!! 
    If your doctor says its safe to use the products then go for it!! I just try to avoid them, just in case! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Options
    What?? Wow- thank you! Now I don't have to figure out how to get that large bottle home for the holidays too :) 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited December 2016
    Yea, witch hazel is super bad for your skin. It drys it out TOOO much. Lemon as a toner (sounds crazy but works) and then moisturize with the cethaphil or whichever cream you like. :smile: 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**