Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results:

Any new symptoms or changes:

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career:

Re: Wednesday Ticker 12/14

• Options
    How far along are you: 26 weeks

How big is baby: Bunches of Kale

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: Glucose test a week from today. That is my next appointment, too. Not optimistic. I have a family history of diabetes (type 1 and type 2), and my mom was GD for all 3 of her pregnancies AND GD is more common in twin+ pregnancies, AND I'm overweight so I have pretty much every risk factor. I've also been super thirsty and hungry all the time, which is a symptom. Sigh.

Any new symptoms or changes: I need to sleep on an incline now. I was hoping that I could avoid that until later in the pregnancy...

Rants/Raves: RANT: I'm having a really hard time with work. I don't think it even has to do with being pregnant. My whole management structure is male and they are really good at minimizing/mansplaining my feelings and why they are invalid. If I were not pregnant, it would probably bother me a little bit but I'd deal with it. My tolerance for bullsh*t is soooo much lower now that it really bothers me, and I've been calling it out (Which is resulting in more minimizing of my feelings and mansplaining why I am wrong...). I'm not sure what to even do about it anymore. I'm wasting so much energy to try to keep my sh*t together... Basically, I'm trying to keep from losing it until I go on maternity leave... and won't come back. (this leads into the next question well, actually...)

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: I was already planning on becoming a SAHM before I got pregnant, and getting pregnant with twins ended up sealing the deal. Right now I am working for the fringe benefits: good insurance, 401k, some stock, various other perks but my salary is embarrassingly low (compared to industry standards). I could MAYBE afford daycare for one baby on my salary with very little left over, but definitely couldn't afford daycare for two. Add in the rant above, and I wish I could start my maternity leave now.

My husband is disabled (cerebral palsy), and walks with crutches or uses a wheelchair. It mostly affects his legs, but he has full use of his arms. I know that I'm going to be the primary care giver and he will do his very best to help where he can. Unfortunately, he's actually between jobs right now. He works in tech (software/app development) which is still very much in demand, so it shouldn't be too hard for him to find a job, I hope. The wrench there is that he needs to find something that allows him to work remotely OR would send a car for him because he doesn't drive, and I don't think I can swing packing up newborn twins every day to drive him to and from work.
  • Options
    @direwolfmini - Wow!  I totally feel for you on all accounts.  I really hope your husband can find a good job with flexibility.  I'm having work issues too, so I'm also on the low tolerance for bulls***.  

How far along are you: 
    27 weeks

How big is baby: lettuce, fennec fox, camping lantern, bunch of bananas, pork pie hat.  

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: Glucose test tomorrow combined with regular appt.  not looking forward to it....I think i've probably gained more weight than I should at this point.  Dr was ok last month, but I just feel so much bigger!  They want me to keep it to about 10-15 lbs, since I was overweight to begin with.  Yea, try telling that to my belly when I want cheese fries.

Any new symptoms or changes: I feel like I'm carrying a 20 lb bowling ball around.  Baby girl has also been super active...some afternoons I feel like she's trying to claw her way out of my vagina.  (Can I say vagina?)  I love feeling the movements, but sometimes it gets very uncomfortable, so I usually have to get up and walk around.  Also noticed a couple times that I'm starting to swell slightly.  I've been trying to prop my feet up under my desk.  

Rants/Raves:  DH was able to feel baby girl kick/punch this past weekend!  It was so cool to feel from the outside and see him light up :)  Also - I don't know what to get for lunch.

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: Well I have to come back to work.  Where we are it's way too expensive to live on one income unless your significant other makes 2-3 times as much as you.  I'm currently trying to get a promotion, under a different supervisor so hopefully that will make things a little better.  I'm pretty sure the people I work under are used to maternity leave, so it should go smoothly.  DH might also get a new job, so his hours could change, which would cause a little case of panic for picking up baby in evening, but I'll just have to leave at a designated time each day.  Other than that, baby just gives me perspective on life.  Currently I have nothing else to worry about and am able to work long hours if needed, but baby will take priority over work in March.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @direwolfmini wow! sounds like you really got a lot going on! Hope you can make it to maternity leave in your job and your husband finds a job. good luck on your glucose test!

@mecoats good luck on your job transfer and glucose test!

How far along are you: 29 or 30 weeks 

How big is baby: 
    zucchini, doc says baby is in average growth percentile, which thus far means no c section

Upcoming appointments/glucose results: 
    Appt was this past Friday, baby is healthy and as said before baby's growth is in average percentile, did glucose test,as of yet no phone call, assuming I passed. 

getting bigger, things are getting awkward, like my belly bumps into the oven door when I'm cooking, end of day my back hurts

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: my mother doesn't seem interested in sharing my baby registry with my hometown, which I spent a long time there and I know many people there would buy something. And my older sister definitely had a baby shower there for her first child. 

GTKY: How does this baby affect job/career: 
    As of two weeks ago, I lost my job that would have been perfect for after baby and it was down the road from a nice daycare.  Now job searching, I have a much stricter search criteria than without a baby. It has to be in an office ( driving around is common in my career), can't be evening hours and I won't do weekends ( both of which are also common) while raising a baby. Not to mention, a reasonable commute from home, work, daycare. I'm starting the search after Christmas and praying I get something after baby. We can't live off of one income and frankly I love my career wayy too much to quit. This is the longest I've not worked since entering this career. Feels weird at this point and I miss the extra salary.

• Options
    @disneybaby84  - good luck with the job search.  I hope you find something perfect. We all need positivity!  
  • Options

How big is baby: huge 
    27 weeks
    Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: I do not have GD! And I'm seeing the midwife every 2 weeks now apparently. My next appt. is next week.

So much crotch pain. Seeing a chiropractor is helping but this is my most uncomfortable pregnancy so far. 

Rants/Raves:
    We got a dump of snow, so that's fun :) but dangerous :( 

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career:
    less sex for my husband. I'm a SAHM.
    taking courses at university to complete my degree too though so taking a year off pushes back my graduation date.
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* I like the honesty! what's the degree in?
  • Options
    How far along are you: 28 weeks 

How big is baby: feels like a bowling ball, but TB says an eggplant 

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: My next appt. is next Tuesday, as well as my 1 hour test.

Any new symptoms or changes: not really. Just feel huge and uncomfortable. These damn Braxton hicks contractions can take a hike. 

Rants/Raves: not today 

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: It really doesn't. I'm hoping to get more than 2 weeks off like I had with DS, but my busy season starts in March/April, so we will see...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @betsy538 you saying you get two weeks off of work for your baby?
  • Options

How far along are you: 26 weeks 

How big is baby: TB says Kale...

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: My next appt. is next Tuesday the 27, as well as my 1 hour test.

Any new symptoms or changes: OMG THE EXHAUSTION. Nausea, headaches....

Rants/Raves: I have a 16mo and a 4yr old (from hubbys divorce). I am so tired. I really feel like I cant keep up. by 630 every night I am ready to call it a day.....its suddenly terrible. 

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: I have to burn time at work (don't have a lot of it) or go unpaid. Ive been saving but it sucks.

• Options
    How far along are you: 28 weeks

How big is baby: She is the size of a rollerblade (lol) or eggplant!

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: I had my glucose test on Tuesday - i passed! It was not that bad, but did feel like i ate a plate of cookies on an empty stomach. I also passed my hemoglobin test so I don't have to add an iron supplement - just one more thing I would have to remember!

Any new symptoms or changes: Really starting to get round!  She is stretching me every day and moving quite a bit!

Rants/Raves:  Love feeling these baby kicks, but they are getting stronger! I wondered what it would feel like to get kicked in the ribs and ouch...it happened yesterday!

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: I will take off around 10 paid weeks when she is born - and hope to maybe take off a bit more unpaid if we can manage. I would be a SAHM in a second if we could afford it, but we just simply cannot live off DH salary alone. I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss moving into a higher paying role after I get back from baby so I hope that goes well. 
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 - good luck with your meeting!!  And congrats for passing glucose and hemoglobin.  I have my glucose test today.   :s
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 good luck on the job!
  • Options
    Here's to having the orange glucose tolerance drink! Also let's cross fingers that I pass!! 
  • Options
    Good luck @mecoats! Just chug it!
  • Options
  • Options
    How far along are you: 28w2d (as of today, Friday)

How big is baby: eggplant, bowl of cereal, coconut

Upcoming appointments this week/ Glucose test date or results: had my 3 hour glucose test yesterday and PASSED!

Any new symptoms or changes: tired, no libido, rounder

Rants/Raves: wish DH would lay off the guilt trip about me not being in the mood for sex...he pouts anytime I turn him down and makes me out to be the bad guy

GTKY: How does this baby affect your job/career: I've spoken about it with my boss and she is very understanding and willing to work with me and my schedule
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 good to hear you passed the glucose test!  I'm there with you with no libido and I had tons in the 2nd tri.
  • Options
    English degree :)@disneybaby84

When do you find out you GD results? @mecoats
  • Options
    betsy538betsy538 member
    edited December 2016
    @disneybaby84 hopefully I'll get a little more this time around, but yeah. I manage a small family (not my family) owned feed/country store and only have 2 full time employees and 3 part time. One of the full time may not be there for much longer, so it'll change things up some. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* - sorry I didn't get back to you!  I had holiday with my family this weekend.  If dr doesn't call me today I passed.  If he calls me today then I go back for the 3 hr.  So here's to hoping I get no call!