June 2016 Moms
Options

Seating

What is everyone using as a seat for LO?  We have a Graco Sous Chef 5-in-1 Seating System and it's been great at home.  She loves sitting in the high chair at this point but we are only putting her in it for meals.  We want her to learn that is where/when she eats.  Other than that, we have her bouncer and swing still but we need something to put in her to sit up.  I got a Bumbo Mega Seat from my sister but she hates it.  We are going to a family Christmas party tomorrow and I want to find something that will travel easy too.  Suggestions??
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Seating

• Options
    Sam loves the Sit Me Up. 
    It folds flat so it's easy to take with me when we go to my parents. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F2MQ5SC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481988956&sr=8-1&keywords=sit+me+up&pi=SX200_QL40
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    We don't have the space for a highchair so we use the Chicco 360 seat that attaches to the table. We have it at the breakfast bar at the moment. It rotates too so it makes it easier for feedings or I put him there to watch me cook or clean. It also travels well, just folds up and has a carrying case. We can take it to friends' or family's homes or restaurants and it hooks onto the table easily.

Otherwise he will sit in his activity center for a little bit and bounce while playing with the attachments. We have another seat from Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up with tray that is small and folds flat. It comes with a couple of toys and he likes that too.

(This pic is from early Nov.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got a high chair from IKEA that is working for the moment. It doesn't seem super comfortable or fancy but it's easy to clean and travel with (the legs come off). I'm not ready to commit to another high chair just yet--we may be moving in March.

@vintagevix2016 I LOVE that seat. Do you worry at all that it will fall off or does it feel pretty secure? 
  • Options
    rmmorris said:
    We got a high chair from IKEA that is working for the moment. It doesn't seem super comfortable or fancy but it's easy to clean and travel with (the legs come off). I'm not ready to commit to another high chair just yet--we may be moving in March.

@vintagevix2016 I LOVE that seat. Do you worry at all that it will fall off or does it feel pretty secure? 
    It feels rock solid to me, very well built. I bought it because a friend of mine used it with her child (who is 18 months now) and highly recommended it. I think it is very secure and such an easy set-up/take-down. Damien is still a bit small for it but it has a 3-point harness so there's no risk of him falling.
  • Options
    We have the 4moms highchair for home (which he only sits in for meals) and I keep the seat that attaches to the table in my car for when we go out to eat. Mine isn't as cool as @vintagevix2016 though (it doesn't spin and it doesn't fold up). 
  • Options
    IKEA high chair, bumbo, or just on the ground with the boppy pillow behind her. We also have a doorway jumper, but I don't use it that often 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have the chicco stack 3 in 1 and love it. It's been a life saver this holiday season just taking it off and taking it with to all our holiday parties. We also have the sit me up with the tray and he loves that too!
    nws