January 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 12/14/16

How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing this week to prepare for baby's arrival?

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms / Questions:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: Do you/Will you do Elf on the Shelf, Santa Claus, etc.? Why or why not?
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 12/14/16

• How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe?
    35 weeks today!  Baby is growing and moving and all that.  About the size of a pineapple this week.

We got his travel system last week as a Christmas gift and I put that together, so we just need to get the car seat base in the car.  We still have stuff to do in the nursery and whatnot, so hopefully I'll make some time to do that.

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms :
    I woke up with really bad sciatic pain today so that's new.  I've had it a little bit before, but not constant like it is today.  It's making work fun since I stand all day.  Plus I'm feeling more moody these days.  

Monday the 19th- I THINK I'm getting the group b strep test.  Then I'm on every week appointments after that.

We will definitely do Santa.  I grew up with it and actually clung to that belief until I was about 11.  I finally point blank asked my parents if he was real and they said no.  And I was ok with it.  I never felt betrayed or lied to.  It was just a magical part of childhood.  And I kinda miss it.  :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe? 37 weeks. He's just psyching us all out. I thought for sure I would go into labor after coming off my meds, but so far he seems content to hang out.

What are you doing this week to prepare for baby's arrival? We are almost entirely ready. Room set up, bags packets, carseat installed. I have a banner I want to finish for his room, but that's it!

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms / Questions: Now the waiting is the hardest part! And the hip pain and pregnancy insomnia!

When's your next appointment? Tuesday, just another check in.

GTKY: Do you/Will you do Elf on the Shelf, Santa Claus, etc.? Why or why not? We actually already do Elf on the Shelf, even though we don't have a little one yet! Ever since we got married, whoever gets up first hides it from the other. We are still undecided on the Santa situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe? 34wks She can now hear and will possibly recognize a lullaby when she is born if I sing it to her now.  I've been singing to her "Time After Time" for a few weeks now hoping this was the case :)

What are you doing this week to prepare for baby's arrival?  Car Seat is installed, Crib is put together,  Made a list for the hospital bag and am slowly getting things for it.  Some of her clothes are washed.. but so much till to do I have min-breakdowns lol

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms / Questions:  Heartburn! Sleeping can be a challenge. Pregnancy brain: I couldn't remember how to unlock my car doors to let my husband in. 

She's moving and I can see it and feel major pushing out on my belly - so cool!

When's your next appointment?  Thursday!  Just a tummy check but they said at the last appointment I was measuring 1w ahead and that if I was still ahead or more I would need to go in for a growth scan.  I hope she measures good tomorrow. 

GTKY: Do you/Will you do Elf on the Shelf, Santa Claus, etc.? Why or why not?  Santa Claus yes  not sure on the elf - probably because I can only assume we will get one from someone else for christmas... and then we will be roped in lol

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• How many weeks are you? What's new with your little babe? 36 weeks. Baby is the size of a chihuahua! 

What are you doing this week to prepare for baby's arrival? we finally have everything out of the nursery. So excited to get the crib put up and start arranging furniture! My sprinkle is this Sunday so hoping to get everything else I need after that. I don't have a single diaper yet! This weekend we will install car seats and I'll work on packing our bags. 

Questions / Concerns / Symptoms / Questions: yesterday was scary with our snowstorm and DH getting home really late. The stress of it all started contractions and I was feeling a lot of pressure. I lost part of my mucus plug yesterday morning and this baby feels a lot lower. 

Monday. 
    GTKY: Do you/Will you do Elf on the Shelf, Santa Claus, etc.? Why or why not? no to elf on the shelf. I don't like the idea of having to be creative every day, haha. We are doing santa. I'm not hard core about it but we will give the kids presents from santa and visit him every year. 
    I'm 34 + 3 today. Late posting because it was the last week of school before winter break, which equals craziness. 

Baby is still doing good. I have days with decreased movement, which I try not to panic about because baby still is moving, just less some days.  As the due date gets closer, I have started to have more anxiety about baby's well being because this is when my last baby started having problems, and nobody realized it.  

At my ultrasound on Monday, his growth had slowed quite a bit, which is ok because he was on track to be a big baby from my 28 week scan. This one put him in a much more normal range. I'm worried though now about what if he's having growth problems too. I guess the next scan will catch it if he is because they are monitoring me very closely this time.  

Coworkers had a diapers and wipes shower for me yesterday, so I need to get all those organized and put away somewhere. They are currently taking up my entire kitchen table. 

I'm feeling pretty good. Pressure and pain in the pelvic area after sitting down for awhile and then trying to get up and walk. Constipation is back with a vengeance these last couple of weeks or so. I just want to have a normal, easy poo. Is that too much to ask for.
  • Again Bump ate part of my post. 

Next appointment is December 28. I will have another ultrasound. Then I have my regular OB appointment immediately afterwards. 

Elf/ Santa: I have no patience, time or creativity for Elf on the Shelf. We mention Santa, but he's not a huge focus in our home. 
    37 weeks. Baby is ready to come according to the doctor but he's being stubborn.
    Waiting and bouncing on my exercise ball.

Tuesday every week. But next week is my last one. The following week I'm being induced praise everything!

None of the above. My daughters are 14 so they don't believe in these things anymore.

BabyFetus Ticker