February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

124»

Re: Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

• @homemake I hear you on that front! It takes me forever to fall asleep, and then when I do it seems like I'm up every other hour to pee. It makes the 4:30am wake-ups I have to do for work really suck @_@
  • Loading the player...
  • For the last couple of nights, my feet have been swelling ridiculously around 7 or 8 p.m.  They feel tingly and tight and completely uncomfortable.  After work, I've been getting home, taking off my shoes and doing stuff around the house and I'm wondering if that's doing it.  Today, I'm wearing compression socks and the one pair of shoes I could fit into with them on...  Fingers crossed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha Do you also sit at a desk all day? Mine have gotten swollen at night and my MW suggested getting up from my desk at least once an hour (easy to do with my frequency of needing to pee!). I also propped up something under my desk to put my feet on throughout the day so the blood isn't "pooling" in my feet (her term for it)
  • @lfrank12 - I have a sitting/standing cube but have been doing a lot of sitting these days...  It probably doesn't help that my chair is really high, so my feet are in a dangling position for most of the day.  I do try to take laps, but I forget to do it (surprise).  Maybe I'll try to switch to a regular chair with another as an ottoman some point soon.  Do you feel like that's helping at all?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha do you find the compression socks help! Are they worth getting? Mines started swelling yesterday
  • @Janefelicity - They got delivered last night; I'll let you know what I think after a day with them on.  I'm hopeful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The last time I put compression socks on, I was 20 weeks (flying) and thought they'd be the death of me trying to get off. I don't even want to know how I'd feel now trying to get them off, other than making them single use and cutting them off...
  • @tishb try the forward leaning inversion on Spinning Babies  to help with the sciatica pain and see if your DH can help to gently massage the area while you're in that position too. It may help readjust/realign things and hopefully offer some temporary relief! But as they say... get into it SLOOOOOWLY! 
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try!
  • @Patience7150 - I was out of breathe by the time I got them on...  I may need help getting them back off tonight.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha My chair is also high, I definitely notice less swelling on the days I actively remember to elevate my legs!
  • On the swelling legs: mine have gotten puffy occasionally since 20 weeks but this week they are getting huge. I talked to my doctor today and she said since BP and urine are fine it just is what it is. But I do find propping my feet up at my desk makes a huge difference, and drinking enough water also helps some too. 
  • No it's not that. Although she is so low that my midwife couldn't even check my cervix last week there was so much pressure. It's more exterior. I just have to hope it's temporary!!
    Maybe you've got some symphaseal pubis pain too? That was my diagnosis with pain low, in the center and more in front. Kinda like I rode a horse all day and then someone kicked me between the legs.
    I got a referral for physical therapy to help. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So, after one day with compression socks, I'm a believer.  My ankles are still swollen, which I think is pretty constant now, but my feet are their normal size.  Woo hoo!  Now the question is do I wear these every day?  If so, that's going to get expensive pretty quickly.  I'm thinking about trying a couple pair that are a little less pricey and seeing if they still do the job.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MLRocha said:
    So, after one day with compression socks, I'm a believer.  My ankles are still swollen, which I think is pretty constant now, but my feet are their normal size.  Woo hoo!  Now the question is do I wear these every day?  If so, that's going to get expensive pretty quickly.  I'm thinking about trying a couple pair that are a little less pricey and seeing if they still do the job.
    Did you get them off!? Were you able to take them of yourself?
  • Is there a such thing as compression socks without the toes part (I hope that makes sense)? I hate socks and live in flip flops but I have had some swelling in the late afternoon/early evening. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• @imalwaysme79 ive just bought these earlier today as the i could only see compression tights & i was looking for socks or stockings. Ive not tried them yet though.

• I might need to get some of those today!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @imalwaysme79 ive just bought these earlier today as the i could only see compression tights & i was looking for socks or stockings. Ive not tried them yet though.

These would be PERFECT! I'm going to check Amazon!
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• MLRocha said:
    So, after one day with compression socks, I'm a believer.  My ankles are still swollen, which I think is pretty constant now, but my feet are their normal size.  Woo hoo!  Now the question is do I wear these every day?  If so, that's going to get expensive pretty quickly.  I'm thinking about trying a couple pair that are a little less pricey and seeing if they still do the job.
    Did you get them off!? Were you able to take them of yourself?
    Luckily, I think that putting them on was way harder for me.  Between those and then tying my shoes, I could barely breathe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you guys doing foot pumps and circles basically every hour? I swear it's helped.