August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 12/16

Alright veteran mommas! It's time to check in!! 

1. How many kiddos do you have? 

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? 

3. Any upcoming appointments? 

4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Re: STM+ check in 12/16

• Alright veteran mommas! It's time to check in!! 

1. How many kiddos do you have? Almost 5 year old boy and a 15 month girl. 

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? The symptoms are mild I gues and I'm taking care of two small children, which is rough. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Next Thursday!!! This is my favorite appointment because we get to see the little nugget for the first time! 

4. Rants/Raves I'm such a child! I'm more excited about Christmas than anyone in my house! I have been in FL for 4 days away from my family and I miss them so much. I can't wait to get home and start the countdown to Christmas!!!!

5. Questions Anyonevelse highly abersivevto public bathrooms??? 

6. GTKY: where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
    Done with my MBA, Done with all my professional certifications, 4 kids and settling into life. 
  • So I just want to say how lax I am now vs my firsts baby. I feel more confident and that's really the reason but it's so funny the change in first and second+ kids 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Kiddos: 6, ages 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. 
    2. Differences in pg: much earlier symptoms. Cramping and fatigue before BFP. Lots of round ligament aches , strong smells, getting more food aversions, nausea daily. Only 5 w, 3 d. Also, nipples are darkening already. 
    3. No appointments yet. I intend to schedule next week. 
    4. Rants/raves: 
    5. Questions:
    6. Where do I see myself in 5 years? I will be homeschooling 6 children: an eighth grader, seventh grader, fifth grader, third grader, first grader, and kindergartener, plus a preschooler or two. I will continue to manage our country home, and farm, taking care of animals and harvesting vegetables and fruit from our orchard, greenhouse, and garden. I will be assisting my husband with our property management company and our mission projects (located in Kenya and Tanzania). I will continue to minister to people in church and community as abpastor's wife.  Most of this I do now, except that my children are younger. 

• 1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 daughter, 23
    montha as of yesterday

The nausea is way more intense and lasts all day long. Last time I would be nauseous in the morning, throw up and be good for the rest of the day. This time I haven't gotten sick yet but the nauseous is kicking my butt and I've started having dry heaves today. I also feel like my sense of smell last time was a lot stronger; this time nothing is really heightened...so far. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Not till Jan 13th 

4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Besides having two kids I honestly don't know. Hopefully in a bigger house lol. On kid in school and one in preschool I would guess. I might do the flex program here which is part home school part traditional school but we will see.
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have?
    1 daughter, 7 months old

Still feel like it's too early to tell. So far, feels the same.

This Thursday.

4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions

Raising some kids, enjoying my husband and family. Homeschooling. Not really sure.

@isaccsrib2005 Glad i'm not the only one here who will be homeschooling! Although, i'm guessing you already are.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

1 - a DD who will be 1 in 8 days!

I felt the symptoms a lot sooner, but so far the m/s is much more mild.  I just have all day constant mild nausea, but it is not debilitating like it was last time!

Yesterday!!  I got to see my little peanut, and they confirmed that I was 7 weeks exactly!  Moving my ticker change from Friday to Thursday.  It was my first time seeing that ob, and thankfully I really liked him!!

4. Rants/Raves

I have just over an hour left of my work day (including a 45 minute lunch!) and I am on winter break!!  These 5th graders are nuts right now, so it can't come soon enough.

Also, I am just 7 weeks, but look like I am firmly in my second tri!!  I can't even pretend I'm not pg anymore, the  belly shaped right back into a bump almost immediately!  So frustrating, espacially since the tiny blueberry is obviously not big enough to make me look like this, it's like my body just had the muscle memory.

5. Questions

Nothing right now.

Right where I am, just with 2 older kids!  DH and I just got new jobs (he was offered tenue at his college) so we bought a 5 bedroom home, renovated it, and are in the process of unpacking, doing small projects in it.  We plan on this being our forever home, as we are done after 2 kids, and even if something were to "oopsie" we would still have plenty of room.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• middy411middy411 member
    edited December 2016
    1. How many kiddos do you have so far?
    1DD, 9mo

Last time I had no symptoms til 7 weeks then I was pretty queasy and tired. This time I have been super emotional and had lots of healthy food cravings. A little by of queasiness/heartburn during the 5th week but now I'm 6 weeks 4 days and feeling good again. Hope it stays and doesn't turn sour at 7 weeks like last time. Opposite food cravings/aversions from my last pregnancy.

1st one is Jan 3, I'll be 9w+1d.

4. Rants/Raves: 
    So thankful to be feeling good and so thankful to be pregnant again. I know that so many people struggle with the journey to create a family so I don't take for granted how fortunate I am to have two surprises that were more wanted than I ever knew.

5. Questions: 
    How do you mamas get anything done with more than one child? My daughter is a breeze right now but I can't imagine two babies to haul around doing errands and such. Right now I just have my daughter attached to my hip. I was never big on using the car seat out of the car or strollers. Kinda sad/worried that they'll be more confined once I have to wrangle two of them.

Honestly, maybe pregnant again! I think I want to take a little break after this baby (then again both my children surprised me a little early) since they'll be 18 months apart. Maybe in a few years DH and I will want another child but maybe these two will complete our family. Once my kids are in school/preschool I plan to pick up more work from home drafting floor plans. Aaaaand I'd really like to convince my husband to move to Atlanta haha

I haven't vomited yet!

I have a required "Welcome to pregnancy" class on the 27th.

4. Rants/Raves

Told my husband's parents today, and telling my parents tomorrow! It's so exciting!

5. Questions

N/a

Homeschooling! 
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? One son who is 3 years old!

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I don't really have many symptoms yet. Nausea comes and goes. Boobs ache here and there. But other than that not a lot.

3. Any upcoming appointments? Not until the 9th and that's just a nurse visit. My first US isn't until the 25th of Jan.

4. Rants/Raves: I hate cold weather. Hate Hate. 

5. Questions: Moms with repeat c-sections....what does it feel like when belly grows and expands with your scar...does it feel strange?

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully in a bigger house! And maybe have moved due to my husband's job (he's working on getting a promotion and moving to another store)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1. How many kiddos do you have? 2 DDs. Oldest will be 4 in January, and youngest turned 2 in October. 

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? Pretty easy! More tired than normal. And I'm right there with you @MaMinette13  I absolutely look much farther along than 6 weeks. This week my stomach popped and it's very challenging to hide! I look more like I did at 16 weeks! 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Not until 12/30. It still feels so far away. 

4. Rants/Raves. Nothing today. 

5. Questions. Does anyone know if the red raspberry leaf tea is safe to drink in the first trimester? I bought the pregnancy tea by traditional medicinals but didn't know if I could start it this early. I've had 2 postpartum hemorrhages and the ingredients in the tea supposedly can help prevent them, so I want to start drinking it as early as possible. 

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Wow! In five years my oldest will
    be almost 9, my second DD will be 7. Prayerfully by then this baby will be 4 and hopefully we'll have another younger one too, maybe 1 or 2 years old. (We want a big family). I truly hope that in 5 years I've found a way to put my social work career on hold for a while and stay home and raise my babies. That's my dream. 

Just my 3 year old son

I'm already nauseous, I had no morning sickness with my son. 

Not sure. I had half of my thyroid removed earlier this year and might have to be seen sooner than planned. My doctor is calling back Monday. 

4. Rants/Raves
    Nada

5. Questions
    Nope

Definitely farther in my career and we hope to adopt after we have this LO so hopefully that will have happened. 

• @nbashley. Yes. Red raspberry is safe anytime in pregnancy. It's good for MS too. I'm not sure about the other herbs in the tea. You will want to check on the others first. 
  • @EmyB30. Yes because scar tissue doesn't stretch as much as normal tissue, you may have discomfort in the tissue around your scar area. Just rub it with a little extra oil or lotion and gently massage to give some relief. I have had 2 c-sections now and my last baby was one of them after 4 VBACs so it has occur to me that some of the cramping and discomfort I am feeling may be because of the scar. I'm going to follow my own advice. :smile:
  • @middy411. Good question. The more you have, the harder it is to get things done. As far as shopping goes, I usually have the littlest one in a backpack on my back and the next oldest in the cart. You should be able to move around pretty easily still. The only time I leave my youngest in the car seat is if she is asleep when we leave the car or if I'm making a short stop and don't want to hassle with getting her out and putting her back in again. I have an ergobaby backpack and love it for mobility purposes. If you get two (of whatever brand you like) and have one for you and one for hubby, then hikes and such are still possible. I'm not sure what it will be like to have 7 to take into the store. I will probably avoid that situation!  When I have to shop with all the children I make a list and try to get everything at as few places as possible for my sanity and theirs! Sometimes I have a neighbor watch a few of them and will just take a couple with me. That's a great! :smiley:
  • I mean...that's a treat. Spellchecker...

Feel more tired
    Dec 28 - 1st ultrasound 
    4. Rants/Raves
    Nothing so far 
    5. Questions
    None 
    Hopefully with baby number 3 or 4. :) 
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? 2

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I feel like I am more tired and have been getting waves of nausea earlier.  Also- no skin break out yet, which did not happen with my DDs.  I have also had spotting already, which definitely freaked me out.

Intake appointment 12/26

4. Rants/Raves
    Rant: H has to work today.  Rave: I have a girls night in fondue party last night.  We are having leftover fondue today and I am really excited to eat it again!

5. Questions

I will have two in school and that would probably be the last year at home with my kiddos before going back to work.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

1 :)

Day to day, it's not much different. The food in craving is a little different from the last, but that's about it. 

Not yet :( still waiting on insurance info to come in. 

4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions
    So the last couple of days I've been having some discomfort in my lower abdomen area. It feels kind of like stretching. Not cramping at all. I've googled and read that apparently second time moms can experience round ligament pain pretty early on. However, I'm only 5 weeks and 5 days so it's SUPER early so I don't think it's round ligament pain. I'm not too concerned since it's not cramping pains. I have had a little light brown/pinkish discharge the last two days as well, not sure if the discomfort and discharge is related. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same discomfort? 

Hopefully by then, I'll be a full time stay at home mom! By then we should also have just purchased a home, I'd also like to be planning a Hawaiian vacation with my husband :) 
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? I have one 2.5 y/o DS
    Still way too early to tell. I had all the symptoms though with my first. Hoping for a smoother first tri this time around. Trying to get my diet and supplements in check now.
    Not yet. Calling my midwife Monday!
    4. Rants/Raves
    My hubby and I are teachers so our break just started. And we are going out to celebrate our 5th anniversary tonight!
    5. Questions
    Any other mamas here planning a home birth?
    6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? No idea! Hopefully living life with my little family and cutting down on working outside the home. Hoping to transition to working from home within that timeframe so I can spend more time with my littles and continue my education.
  • @toniherdt YES! Vacation with the hubby... I should have thought of that!
  • @MaMinette13 yay for winter break! I teach first grade :smile:
  • @lyndshurt
    i fully planned a homebirth with my last but had to have a hospital birth due to a huge spike in blood pressure at 38 weeks. I literally had all my supplies and was being seen only by a midwife throughout my pregnancy. I saw my OB once per trimester. I'm going to try to get it cleared with my OB, but I don't honestly think he will allow it because my blood pressure always spikes during pregnancy not due to preeclampsia. I had a blood pressure seizure 5 days pp with my first, but I was still cleared for homebirth with my second. My appointment is next week and that's the number one question on my list. 
  • Oh wow @morgy_bee I am so glad they caught your BP last time. Best wishes for your appointment and all the wisdom for you and your OB to make the best decision for you and LO!
  • I would love a home birth and have had 4. It's just not possible this time. Go for it if you can!

• 1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 DS, he'll be 18 months old the 22nd

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? No vomiting, yet

3. Any upcoming appointments? The 21st!

4. Rants/Raves Getting really grouchy 

5. Questions None 

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully living closer to my family with DS and whatever this little babe is and DH will be working closer to home

1 DS, he turned 1 on the 10th

I know about this one earlier? I'm noticing that I'm crankier than I was with DS1.

Haven't even gotten an appointment with the GP yet for the referral to the OB, whomp whomp.

4. Rants/Raves
    I'm so flipping tired of SO's family and their constant walking all over my boundaries regarding DS1. Contemplating going no contact with them for my own sake.

5. Questions

Eh. Vet school? Is this meant to be a realistic question or a "dream" question? 'Cause vet school is looking more and more like a dream rather than reality. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have?  1

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? So much nausea. Like I don't want to eat anything for fear of being stuck on the couch all evening fighting the urge to throw up 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Jan 6th

4. Rants/Raves- Raving about DD finally sleeping through the night on her own. She just did not want to do it. Then one night a couple weeks ago bam I woke up in a panic becuase after 2.5 years of getting woke up 3 times a night I was terrified something awful had happened. 

5. Questions

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Oh geeze.. lol well if DH stays in the military it's literally anyone's guess.
    If he gets out... even more of a mystery.
    Putting aside those factors.. DD will be in school this little bean should be in preschool so hopefully I'll have finished my vet tech certifications and I'll be working. Unless I manage to talk DH into one more kiddo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @isaccsrib2005 every time I read that you're going to have 7 kiddos I get so exhausted for you! You are one heck of a woman to be on number 7 and still have the energy to care for the 6 before this one! I envy women who have the ability to care for a large family. In theory I'd love a huge family. Practically I know I don't have the energy for more than 2 or 3 kids.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    one daughter 10months 

Way more cramping and the hunger is real 

28th 

4. Rants/Raves
    just moved in with my MIL until we close on our new house. wishing we would've timed this better :/

5. Questions
    Nothing yet!

Enjoying our home, pretty much settled in our community, taking the kiddos to Disney and fun trips like that as a family 
  • 1. Kids: We have 2 kids - 3 and 1.5.

2. Differences:  I'm still super early, so no differences yet. 

3. Appointments: I haven't called my doctor yet. I will sometime this week. 

4. Rants/Raves: I am so excited for Christmas this year. My 3 year old is finally old enough to really get it and her excitement is contagious. Though I really fucking hate my elf on the shelf and adding another thing to my list of things to do every day. 

5. Nope! No questions yet.

6. GTKY: Finally living where we will be long-term. Maybe fixing up an older home to be our forever house. Probably getting excited to have all 3 kids in school so we can stop paying for daycare.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

I have a 2-year-old daughter.

I feel exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. I also have morning sickness, which I did have with my second pregnancy, but not with my daughter.

I just had my scan last week, so my next appointment is for the Maternit21 January 11.

4. Rants/Raves
    My BIL/SIL don't generally care about my kid (and made that pretty clear through actions and words), but he at least looks on my daughter's Amazon wish list (which no one does--and I don't even keep it super updated most of the time). Well, he obviously didn't give a shit, so he just picked the top 3 items in her "list," and one was for me--I didn't know where to put something, so I just threw it in her list, thinking I would buy that with something of hers later...so. Even though they hate me with the passion of 10 thousand suns...they bought me a Christmas gift...Which makes me sad for my kid, but kinda happy, because you know what, fuck you, BIL/SIL. 

5. Questions

I never play this game, because no one knows this, and imaging shit is normally just a let down.
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 
  • TalorSTroyerTalorSTroyer member
    edited December 2016
    1. How many kiddos do you have? 3 DDs
    our oldest is 6 middle is 4 and the baby (for now) is almost two :) We are covered in glittery girl dust!

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? No sickness yet, and I'm definitely hungrier than the 3 other times!

3. Any upcoming appointments? The 26

4. Rants/raves:  I'm pretty grouchy
  • Hello All!!

1. How many kiddos do you have? One! A 2 yo son.

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far?  I'm dizzy and exhausted already early on in 1st trimester

3. Any upcoming appointments? In a few weeks (1/12/17)

4. Rants/Raves - My mom doesn't believe me when I told her I was pregnant. She actually didn't seem excited and said she needs to vacation (bec she retired after I had my son, 2 years ago) so she can have time to herself. She babysits my son while the hubby and I are at work...and has taken care of our son since I went back to work after maternity leave. She still thinks I'm joking. I guess she'll notice it isn't a joke in a few months?

5. Questions - Anyone else feeling the exhaustion and dizzy spells early on in pregnancy? This is a first for me

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  - I'd like to switch gears to Pharma (from Medical Device) and possibly move into Project Management. Currently specialized as the EHS engineer at work and want to dive into something bigger. Or possibly start my own business, just don't know what in though.  
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? 1, DD is 2.5

Vivid dreams, evening nausea (rather than morning), and more tired

3. Any upcoming appointments? Dec 29

4. Rants/Raves We leave on Weds for a week of traveling to both sides of the family and I haven't packed, wrapped anything, still have to finish DDs Christmas dress (I sew one for her each year), and more. Ugh!

5. Questions nope

With one kid in school and another in pre-school. I will stay home at least until both kids are done with preschool. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• 1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 baby boy. 

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? Not far enough along to tell a difference. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? January 19th first appointment!

4. Rants/Raves - The nausea can go away now...wishful thinking. 

5. Questions - What to eat when you have no appetite?

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I have no idea. 
    Almost 4 year old DD
    I have minimal symptoms currently but could have sworn I was exhausted this time with DD
    12/28
    4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions

Woah! With a 9 year old... that's crazy to think about.
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 DS.  His 2nd birthday is today.

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far?  No spotting (spotted until 2nd tri w/ first) and some more cramping. Naseau doesn't seems as bad, buy it is constant.  I could just be remembering wrong.

3. Any upcoming appointments? Jan 10.  Just had dating u/s last Friday and am 7 weeks tomorrow.

4. Rants/Raves:. I am so sick of being cold and tired.  Where is the internal furnace I had with the first pregnancy?  I could really use that now when it's 10 degrees outside.  Not really looking forward to feeling extra warm come summer.

5. Questions:. Is anyone else paranoid everytime they have a twinge/ cramp?  

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Possibly with 3 kids.  Oldest in school and this nugget in preschool.  Hopefully a newer or remodeled house with a second bathroom and  larger more functional kitchen.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How many kiddos do you have? 2 girls

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? starting to have brown discharge, which I've never dealt with before. All the other terrible symptoms from my previous pregnancies have made their appearance. Yip. Ee.

3. Any upcoming appointments? next year

4. Rants/Raves? I really wish people would start driving defensively. Everyone where I live act as if the road belongs to them and other people need to learn to work around them. Argh! At Fry's there was a car fully in the lane and some woman decided she was going to continue backing up anyway. Of course, the driver in the lane, that was blocking her exit btw, honked his horn. This lady proceeds to lean out of the window and yell repeatedly, "I'M FIRST! I'M FIRST!" Where are people like this from? Where? I was so shocked by it all.

5. Questions? Is it August yet?

6. GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Such an elusive question... I suppose I'll talk in ideals: Successful business owner with additional locations in the works. My children attending a GREAT school (that's the most farfetched part :neutral: ). Maybe one more biological child added to the family. Starting paperwork for adopting a child. Moved back to Georgia (Oh, how I wish!). Maybe back in school for pharmacy.

But if we're being realistic: I'll probably have 2-3 more biological children. Will have moved to California. Won't be working. And homeschooling my kids. :smile:
    1 DS -10 months & DH has a son from a previous relationship that we just recently met and are starting to get to know

Lots of cramping very early on this time :/

Not yet, I'm choosing my doctor tomorrow and setting up my first appointment probably some time early January.

4. Rants/Raves
    These cramps...they suck. 

5. Questions
    None for now

Definitely owning our own home and enjoying our family..hopefully taking some cool family vacations
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker