August 2017 Moms

PGAL Week of 12/12

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!

How far along are you?

How are you doing?

When is your next appointment?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Week of 12/12

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!
    I'm Amanda. I'm 35. I have two kids and have been TTC #3 since June 2015. I had a MMC at 9 weeks back in April, then an early m/c last month. I haven't had a period since that loss and was told I had HCG in my system when I was in the ER for double pneumonia. 

How far along are you? Not exactly sure, somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks. 

How are you doing? I'm good, just very nauseated. I'm taking B6 and Unisom three times a day, which helps some, but I'm still miserable most of the time. 

When is your next appointment? Not until next Tuesday. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've officially made it further than my last m/c. And with my first m/c, I was bleeding from a SCH by now. So very happy for things to at least seem more normal so far. 

GTKY: I've told work friends so far, for safety reasons. Otherwise, friends and family don't know. I might wrap an ultrasound picture for immediate family for Christmas, but I haven't decided yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time!
    I'm Amanda. I'm 35. I have two kids and have been TTC #3 since June 2015. I had a MMC at 9 weeks back in April, then an early m/c last month. I haven't had a period since that loss and was told I had HCG in my system when I was in the ER for double pneumonia. 

How far along are you? Not exactly sure, somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks. 

How are you doing? I'm good, just very nauseated. I'm taking B6 and Unisom three times a day, which helps some, but I'm still miserable most of the time.
    I always say Morning Sickness is a good sign! It made me feel better mentally! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    4 w 4d 
    How are you doing?
    Mentally and physically exhausted
    I haven't made it yet. I was trying to hold off because of insurance reasons, but I would have to hold off till 12 weeks and I can't mentally handle waiting that long. I'm going to call today. 

Just trying to stay calm. 

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them?
    I told my mom because she is so involved in my life. We are still trying to figure out a way to tell my in laws. I'm a teacher and my teammates know for safety reasons. And because I pee a lot.
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks

How are you doing? Pretty good. I don't think I'll relax until after the ultrasound though

When is your next appointment? Not until my 7 week ultrasound on 12/26

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Only 2 weeks left until the appointment! My countdown is already starting.... which makes time go by slower. And makes me analyze every twinge and feeling. But! I'm hopeful :)

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? I think we'll tell immediate family on NYE so it's after the ultrasound. We live 2,000+ miles away from family so it'll all be over FaceTime!

Sorry I couldn't fix the bold issues on mobile haha
    Im 28 and my DH is 26, we started to TTC #1 in April, had a MC at 9 weeks in July and got our second BFP on Dec 4th!  

How far along are you? 5 weeks 4 days 

How are you doing? Feeling pretty good.  My boobs are sore, and they are already large so im not looking forward to them getting bigger, and its already made it hard to sleep on my stomach! Now I know I wont be able to do it for the whole pregnancy, but I was hoping I could last a bit longer.

When is your next appointment? on the 19th!  I week to go!  Its just a dating scan, but I will actually get to see the bean! Im really nervous too though, I just want everything to be fine! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Im sending positive vibes to all of us PGAL peeps!  

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? We are waiting until after the 19th! I have a shirt that says "Bumps First Christmas" with a little santa hat near the belly.  I never thought I would want a shirt like that but I fell in love with it. I plan to wear it to see who notices it! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010, love the sound of that tshirt!

@mokay19, the countdown is the worst! Last week flew by for me. But now my appt countdown is on and I know that means this week will take forever. 

@Kudlica27, I wish the nausea was comforting, but I had nausea through both of my losses. Still optimistic though. The frequent trips to the bathroom are so hard to hide from co-workers!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

I'm 24, DH is 28, married for 2 years, together for 6, and this is our first BFP.

How far along are you? 5w, 5d

How are you doing? MS hit this morning so now I'm miserable. And my boobs are normally sensitive as it is, so right now even just wearing a bra hurts!

When is your next appointment? the 20th we get to see the HB, then the 29th I have my first appt with my new office for a review of how it's going and seeing the HB again lol

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm so so so hungry all the time and have already put on 5lbs from eating so much :(

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? We are wearing Mama Bear and Daddy Bear shirts to all 3 of our families houses on Christmas and seeing how long it takes for someone to say something. This will be 5 days after we see the HB which seems like the perfect time. I already told my boss for safety reasons at well, and apparently now my whole office knows...

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?  6w, 2d

How are you doing?  Mostly just exhausted. I keep POAS to make sure nothing has changed. 

When is your next appointment? First appointment isn't til 1/10
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 4 days

How are you doing? Pretty good. Not too crazy in the symptom area get. Although with my first symptoms came after 6 weeks. This little one has made it father than our miscarriage in July so that's exciting! 

When is your next appointment? Not until 12/30! So far away! Which means I'm still POAS every few days. lol 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Praying for all the other August 2017 mamas here right now. 

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? We've told our immediate family already. We were waiting to tell our parents in person when we were pregnant in July. But we lost the baby days before we were scheduled to visit. And we were devastated so we needed support. But having to tell our parents the good news (we found out we were expecting) and bad news (we lost the baby) all at once was horrible. So we shared right away this time. This is my fourth pregnancy, third child, and I just can't get over how much my stomach is protruding already. I don't want to tell my work until after my appt on 12/30 but I'm not sure I'll be able to hide it that long! 
  • blt12blt12 member
    edited December 2016
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me: 24 DH: 25
    BFP: 5/31/14 EDD: 2/14/15 MC: 7/6/14
    BFP: 12/11/16 EDD: 8/20/17 

Hi everyone!
    We had our first MS in September. We started TTC and got pregnant right away. Unfortunately we had a blighted ovum, and officially miscarried at 7 weeks.

I have a son who is 2 1/2 and was active on the April 2014 bump. I'm a third grade teacher, and I live in WV. 

How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days

How are you doing? I feel okay most of the time--typical pregnant problems! I was really nauseas all day this morning at work which is so hard when you work with kids you just can't get away any time you need to.
    Gingerale is going to be stocked as well as snacks. 
    I don't feel like eating but after I do eat I feel better. 
    Pregnant constipation totally sucks. I am really just hoping and praying all goes well at our appointment.

When is your next appointment? 12-28-16

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Taking things a day at a time, and for today I am pregnant. 

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? I probably am backwards from most people. I told some of my friends already through a photo card about the new year, however I don't want to share with family until we have a more confirmed heartbeat, etc.
    Neither of our families know yet.  It will have to be a time in the new year,  Christmas would be nice but we can't in to an appointment before then.
  • Hi all! Excited and nervous to be here :) My husband and I were TTC for 8 months when we found out I was pregnant the first time. At 8 weeks I miscarried, and my doctor diagnosed it as a blighted ovum. It happened at the same time as a few other really difficult events in our lives, so it hit me pretty hard emotionally.

How far along are you?
    4 weeks today.

How are you doing?
    Physically, I am feeling serious fatigue and breast tenderness. The emotional part is trickier - I am so scared to be excited this time! I took 4 pregnancy tests over a week before I could believe that YES, I am definitely pregnant again.

I haven't made one yet. Because of insurance we will have to wait until after the 1st of the year, but I may make an earlier appointment at a clinic nearby if I just can't wait!

Sending love out to all of you here who are fighting the fear and anxiety like I am. you are not alone!!

I have only told my 2 closest friends, and we have quietly told almost all of our parents (4 sets of parents to tell... takes a lot of energy!). It is just hard for us to share the news with too many people right now because it's so early, and our thoughts are very much still in the 'what if we lose this one too?' zone.
  • How far along are you? 6w 

How are you doing? Nauseous most of the time and exhausted. Feeling stressed and am excited to go to the doctor and make sure everything is okay. I will feel much better once I'm into the second trimester. 

When is your next appointment? My first appointment is Friday. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Thinking good thoughts for all of August moms 

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? I've only told my doula and one very close friend. I'm excited to tell my friend but my hubby wants to wait. We are planing to tell our kids ok Christmas morning. 
    Hi all, I'm Dori! DH and I started TTC and got pregnant right away in August. Unfortunately lost the baby in October. Started TTC again in November and got our BFP on 12/4! Hoping this baby is super sticky and healthy!
    How far along are you?
    5w 1d
    How are you doing?
    Emotionally better than I thought. Less anxiety than I thought I would have about the fate of this pregnancy. I just have a good feeling we're getting our rainbow baby this time. Physically, SO NAUSEOUS! Did not have any MS with my first pregnancy so I'm hoping it is a good sign of a healthy baby.
    12/20
    Sending the most positive vibes possible for all the moms here!!
    We have only told DH's brother, who lives with us (needed an explanation for all of the vomiting, lol). Planning to tell our parents/immediate families on Christmas via an ornament gifted to each of our mom's. Probably will hold off on telling the world for a good while, at least not until after 1st trimester. But we both tend to be very private people and did not broadcast our first pregnancy widely, either.

Hey everyone! I'm Leah - I tried posting the other day and failed miserably so I apologize. Anyways, DH and I have been trying for over two years to get another BFP and I am so shocked and excited that we are finally here again! I had a natural miscarriage at 8 weeks in July 2014.

I am 24 and DH is 25. We got our BFP on 12/11 and EDD is 8/18. Ironically I just found an RE that I liked and was ready to work with on 12/5 - hence the shock of a BFP! I have PCOS (high testosterone) and slightly elevated TSH, so I'm on a low dose of thyroid medication. So thankful to have this little miracle growing inside of me, grow baby grow! 

How far along are you?
    4 weeks, 5 days 

How are you doing?
    I am doing very well physically. Slight/mild cramping and sore boobs. A little tired here and there but nothing terrible yet. 

Emotionally I feel more shocked then nervous for the next few weeks. We have been trying for so long it literally feels like a miracle. :) 

I went in today to have all of my initial lab work done. Checking my thyroid as well as my progesterone levels, my midwife had suggested in the past that I take some the first trimester depending on my levels, I will get those results tomorrow. I have a nurse visit next Monday, the 19th and then my first ultrasound will be after the first of the year at some point - I haven't scheduled it yet. 

I'm really feeling like this time this baby is going to stick, I will be praying that for all of us! Lord, keep knitting! 

We have told both sets of parents already, after all of my blood work results are in then we will start telling immediate family and close friends. The rest of the world, and Facebook, will find out once we get to 12 weeks. We will probably do some kind of cute photo announcement. :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me: 24 DH: 25
    BFP: 5/31/14 EDD: 2/14/15 MC: 7/6/14
    BFP: 12/11/16 EDD: 8/20/17 

• Hi guys, I don't know if I have posted on this board yet--I've been posting a tiny bit on the July board. I may straddle the two boards for a bit, if no one minds. My actual due date would be August 5th, but I'm a C-Section mom, so the baby would be born likely the last few days of July. My stats are in my siggy, but I'm 35, husband is 38. I have a daughter that was born in Oct14, and I was really involved (as you can see by the aforementioned siggy) in the O14 board, but left during the exodus. We lost a baby in July this year, and I got my BFP a bit before Thanksgiving.

How far along are you?
    6 weeks, 6 days, according to LMP, although I ovluated D17, so it's likely a few days less than that.

How are you doing?
    Not well. Just. Not well. I feel SO certain this is going to end the same way. I just KNOW, which is impossible. I keep looking up stats, which say 2-5% of women have two miscarriages in a row, but then I come here and it seems like that stat has to be wrong--so many women have had many in a row (and they still seem so much more hopeful than me).

Thursday. I honestly don't know if I can go. I don't feel good about it, and I don't want to ruin Christmas. Plus, my hospital has a policy where they won't let anyone go with you for ultrasounds, and I don't think I can go alone (can't switch hospitals--that's what everyone says for me to do--I like my doctor and there aren't any better options near here). I know if this pregnancy continues, I will need ultrasounds, but. Going into that room...I don't know if I can.

I took the tags off of a shirt from Old Navy this morning, immediately turned it over, and saw it had a hole. I put it on anyway, because tags are off, I can't return it, and I just have a sweater over it, but I'm pissed off about it.

I wish I could feel confident enough to tell them at Christmas, but I just don't think that's in the cards for us. I'd rather wait until I'm at least 10 weeks, which is when we discovered the last baby had stopped growing (9 weeks, but found out at the 10 week scan). I feel really robbed of the whole excitement you get when telling people.
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 
    Hey! My husband and I got married back in May but have together for almost 8 yrs (wow I didn't realize it's been that long!). we have 4 dogs who take up all of our time so adding in a new addition be exciting. 
    How far along are you?
    4wks 5days

How are you doing?
    Excited and nervous. I had the miscarriage at exactly 6 wks in Oct. so it seems like I'm passing time until then. At this point, my brother is the only one who knows because DH works with him and has to tell someone. Brother also knew about the last one and was the only one until my mom brought up the conversation about me having kids. This time we're telling everyone on Christmas so that hopefully it's not so hard if something happens. 

I haven't called to schedule one yet. But usually OB does blood tests at 7 wks and U/S at 8. 

My hormones are way of wack right now. At this point before the miscarriage I don't remember them being this bad. Reigning them in all day at work means my husband gets to deal with them being let loose at home. Poor guy! But hopefully these hormones are a better sign than last time. 

We're telling everyone on Christmas because DH doesn't  want to/can't keep a secret. 
  • So...I'm a little deflated. I had worked myself up to the idea of telling people on Christmas that we were expecting, especially after seeing the heartbeat yesterday...but, I sent a message to my husband's cousin, just saying, you know, we're pregnant, would people be upset if we lost the baby, and she kind of hemmed and hawed and said I should wait.

We waited last time, and several of them don't even know I lost the baby. We had to suffer alone. I was pretty sold on telling family first, then waiting until January 11th (after the M21 testing) for the IRL people. But, now I'm second guessing again. If I lost this baby, too, I feel like it would be nice to have family at least KNOW what's going on this time, but...I don't know. It feels shitty to have to worry about someone ELSE's feelings when mine would be the most impacted.

(XP to Jul17)
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 
  • @SPurp13, I think you should do whatever you are comfortable with. If you want that support, regardless of the outcome, absokuteky tell people. I wouldn't worry about hat one family member thinks. Maybe she's never been through a loss and doesn't understand. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

DH and I are both 34, and have been together for 16 years (married 10), first baby (second pregnancy)  We have two giant furbabies that are going to have to get used to not getting all the attention when LO arrives.

How far along are you?
    7 weeks today

How are you doing?
    Physically, doing well, not many symptoms. Mentally, trying to not get too attached until at least our ultrasound next week.

We booked a private ultrasound next Thursday before telling family. In Manitoba we don't get one until 20 weeks, and that is not going to fly!

Just trying to enjoy each day that I am pregnant and focus on what's happening right now vs what might happen in the future.

If ultrasound goes well, we will tell immediate family on Christmas, and announce to everyone else at around 13 weeks. Haven't come up with a concrete plan just yet, so maybe you ladies will inspire me!
  • @SPurp13, I second @a2003tiger's advice. It was so much easier when our family knew and could provide support. That's what family is there for. You need to do whatever you are going to be comfortable with, your wishes should take priority in this case.
  • nbashleynbashley member
    edited December 2016
    @SPurp13 if you want to tell your family I think you should. We lost our baby in July 2 days before we were scheduled to meet with our families and tell them. We were devastated and we couldn't do it alone. So then we had to tell everyone "we found out we were pregnant!" And "but we lost the baby" all at once. It was so sad. No one got to be excited about that baby. This time we told our immediate family right away. I want this baby to be celebrated for however long it's life is. And I appreciate my family's support and prayers for this baby's health. I say all of that to say, you do what's best for you! If you'd want their support if something happened, then I say enjoy their support now too. 

EDIT: also, I was a part of Oct 14 with my second DD and we lost our baby in July too. We didn't find out about this baby until 3 days after thanksgiving though. 
  • How far along are you? 6 weeks 1 day

How are you doing? Pretty good! A little unsettled my how easy/minimal my symptoms are. I'd certainly be grateful for an easy pregnancy but after a loss more symptoms would be reassuring. Although my bloat is insane so I guess that's something! 

When is your next appointment? My first appt isn't until 12/30. I want to see this baby so badly! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Just praying for all of us and the tiny babes. 

GTKY: If you haven't yet announced to friends and family, how are you planning to tell them? We've told immediate family. We'll take our DDs with us to the ultrasound and if things look good we'll show them the baby, let them hear the heartbeat and tell them about their sibling! Thinking about taking an announcement photo that says "officially outnumbered in August 2017" and maybe let the kids do something goofy. 
  • I don't really know if I belong here, but I am going to post anyway.  My name is Christine.  I am 33.  H is 30.  We have been married 5 years.  We have 2 DDs.  I had a chemical pregnancy before DD2, and in March of this year.

How far along are you? 4 weeks 4 days

How are you doing?
    I am feeling tired most of the time and a little nauseated occasionally.  Round ligament pain has also seemed to start, which is crazy to me.

12/26 

I had spotting Thursday and yesterday though most of the day.  That hasn't been a good thing this early in the past, so I was really upset. The spotting appears to have stopped so I am really happy and grateful that it has stopped.

We were just going to put DD2 in a big sister T shirt at a couple of family functions in the next week.  I don't know if we are going to do that this weekend still or not.  I will have to discuss it with H again.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker