Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC!!!! 12/16

• My boss is being nice and letting me come to work a little later every morning. I still wake up not wanting to go to work lol. *bad employee, bad*
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• DH has been getting up earlier than normal all week because he has customers in town.  When he asked if I was getting up this morning, I told him that I was in no rush because I had no plans of accomplishing anything today.  We have a holiday potluck starting at 11:30 and a gift exchange at 12:30.  Then, my group is doing a happy hour at 3 p.m.  I'm skipping that because I already have to go watch people drink at a party tomorrow night...  But, I will be leaving when they do.  Between all that, I will bump and Christmas shop online.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes @lemieuxk! Especially the Mariah Carey version!
  • @Gretchypoo Truer words were never spoken! Hahaha 
  • I love Christmas music but the radio doesn't play much of the artists I really love. I wish I had more cds. Or a newer car that can do either serius radio or play from my phone...
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Ha ha,  we love the Holly channel on Sirius!   We listen to it and I do love my Christmas songs. 

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Christmas songs including "All I Want for Christmas is You". 
    But I don't like the song "Santa Baby" and the radio station near me plays it repeatedly. There's SO many songs! I don't need to hear it on the way to preschool drop off and again in line to pick him up 2 hours later. 
  • I HATE "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" and that stupid "Hippopotamus  for Christmas" one. I get like angry when either comes on! 
  • @krob I 100% agree with you on This Is Us.  I don't get it - it seems really cloying to me - but everyone loves it!!!
  • I HATE "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" and that stupid "Hippopotamus  for Christmas" one. I get like angry when either comes on! 
    The hippo song has grown on me,  but the Mommy kissing Santa Claus one this year my kids think is hilarious,  and have accused me of cheating on Daddy, lol.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krob @MissMerciBeaucoup I watched the series premiere and hated it so much that I couldn't even bring myself to give it a second chance when I heard that it had improved over the season.  The "twist" at the end of the episode was straight up insulting, and I was done with that show for good.  So you're not alone!
  • krobkrob member
    edited December 2016
    @NiceyMeany @MissMerciBeaucoup hallelujah i am not alone. I have been eye rolling hard for the last 3 hours. 

Cloying is the perfect word. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I just watched the first episode of This is Us tonight and barely made it through. DH had to pause it in the middle and console me. I know he wants to keep watching but idk if I want to. It pulled on my emotions too hard. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @spicyweiner I'm like really smart and shit  :p
  • I'm not that much into Christmas movies and specials... yeah there I said it. My husband loves them so I watch them with him, but I think the only one I really appreciate is A Christmas Carol.
  • I feel like I've become someone I don't even know. I went from hating Christmas music every year, to loving it this year. Mostly I like Michael Buble, Trans-Siberia, & the Piano guys. There are some I think I will always hate like others mentioned that stupid Santa baby and what not.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I can't stand This is Us either. I tried. Watched the first one... did nothing for me. Watched 10 minutes of the second one and threw in the towel. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I finally thought of one! I hate musicals. All of them.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I dislike Santa Baby - and the other one that gives me a bit of the creeps if I listen to the lyrics is Baby It's Cold Outside...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Now musicals are a pretty broad category @WinchesterGirl. Have you seen any more modern musicals like Rent or Les Miz? My personal favorite is Book of Mormon, which is good hearted but EXTREMELY vulgar so understandably not for everybody. 
  • edited December 2016
    Sorry, the only one I've made it through and didn't entirely loathe was Wicked live. Any of the ones I've seen on screen I just don't like. I saw part of the newest Les Mis, and gave up. DH made me watch Phantom of the Opera while we were dating... NO thank you. Into the Woods sucked, and Johnny Depp's wolf character seemed like a major creeper. 

I just can't get into it. 

ETA: it's really saying something if I can't get into a movie with Hugh Jackman AND Anne Hathaway. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I'll sit with you @WinchesterGirl, I despise musicals. People randomly breaking out into song? No thanks.

However I do love opera so maybe I'm just wishy-washy.

My FFFC - I made my husband read the Lemon Clot Essay and it secretly delighted me that his eyes popped out of his head
    I LOVE musicals! But sometimes I watch an older one and I think-- wow. this is really rapey. example: seven brides for seven brothers.
    We did that as the Spring musical one year in High school.   Yup,  rapey is a great word for it.  I was just in the chorus.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @winchestergirl Live is way better than movies IMO because everything is just so much more magical...The transitions are more natural feeling somehow... etc. 

Have you tried Dreamgirls? I never saw it on Broadway but I really enjoyed that one as a movie. Beyoncé and J hud... how can you go wrong????