Baby Names
Options

Auden

Does this name scream boy or girl? What do you think of it? Too strange? 

Re: Auden

• Options
    Masculine and, surname probably ? 

It's okay, but it kinda muddies with Audrey, Aubrey, Aubin, etc. 
  • Options
    Boy. I don't care for it but it doesn't sound strange.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    boy. not my fave but I wouldn't side eye it.
  • Options
    Boy but would probably get confused for Aiden 
  • Options
    It just looks like Aiden with a typo. Every day for the rest of his life. Hard pass. 
  • Options
    Definitely boy. And I really like it. 
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    I think boy first but it could be a girls name too... and I don't think it's weird
  • Options
    It was the name of a female character in a book I read, but it's definitely more masculine. It's okay, there's other names similar to it that are more recognizable though.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Boy. I think it gets mushed into all of the other popular A names and sounds a little bit like you're trying to name your kid after an Audi.

Edited to fix like 5 typos...apparently I can't brain yet this morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for masculine. I don't really like it, either.

I do like the idea of using book characters as your name pool, tho. We did that ourselves. 

Happy reading and naming!
  • Options
    I'm the odd woman out because I think of it as a girl's name first. Likely, because of the popularity of Aubrey and Audrey. However, I agree with PP's that it might be confused for Aiden in school...I think that's definitely something to think about, because there are a lot of Aiden's.
  • Options
    Boy. It seems like another off shoot of the Aiden trend that's trending out. 
  • Options
    I would guess boy due to its similarity to Alden, Aidan, and Aubrey.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Boy. I'd assume you're a fan of the poet, which makes it kind of cool. If you're not and you use the name, be sure to look him up!!
  • Options
    If I had never heard the name before I would probably say boy, but I once read a book in which Auden was the name of the female main character so that was my first thought. She was named after the poet.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Auden was a famous poet..."love each other or perish"

it is a surname

not a name for a boy or girl
  • Options
    This used to be one of my favorite names for a girl years ago after I also read a book with the main character having this name. However, with the Aiden trend now I don't think I could go for it. Maybe Autumn instead? Sounds similar but avoids the Aiden and boy or girl mix up.
  • Options

it is a surname

It's definitely not uncommon to use surnames as first names, typically for boys. But I do agree that some make the transition to first name better than others.
  • Options

it is a surname

It's definitely not uncommon to use surnames as first names, typically for boys. But I do agree that some make the transition to first name better than others.
    Just because it is not uncommon, doesnt make it a good idea :)