March 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

We haven't done one of these in a while so let it rip ladies. What has you saying WTF?!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• I have so much congestion and phlegm that I spent 10 minutes dry heaving and throwing up this morning. Great start to the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @DrillSergeantCat ugh. Gotta love winter weather and the sickness that comes with it. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • In an effort to help, (after me nagging endlessly) DH vacuumed the house.. including the stairs which took forever. So I go to vacuum the couches and within a minute of turning it on I can tell it's just making noise and not actually working. Seriously?!?! You used the vacuum for hours and didn't notice it wasn't working???? WTF!?! I went out and got a new vacuum and had to redo everything which was gross so I know the vacuum didn't just break. 
  • My WTF is about my philandering coworker. I cannot. stand. this. woman. Not only is she a cheating piece of shit, she's also SUPER dramatic. Every single thing has to be a big production and she's all woe is me. She thrives on drama and she could easily change things about her life to where she would live drama free, but oh no, who wants that? Yesterday she slipped and fell on some ice by her back door, which I'm sure hurt like hell because been there done that, but holy jeez you would think this woman severed her spine with the way she's carrying on. Every time she stands up, it's all, "oh, ouch, ooh, aah, oh my back, oh I need a nice warm bath, ugh I can't stand this pain, OUCH, OWIE IT HURTS!". I mean come on! My toddler doesn't even act like this. I finally told her earlier that if it hurts that bad then she needs to go home. In her most pitiful sounding voice she says, "oh no, I'll just push through." I really wanted to say that if she stays here at work then to please save us the pitiful narrative, but of course that would make me the bad person and then I'd have to hear about her complaining to people about how I'm just so mean. It's a lose lose situation!
  • @kiyamurph go to your boss and tell them that you're concerned that she may have really hurt herself and there may be a workers comp case so she should probably be taken to the ER to be checked out.

• My OB office (usually love them) have the results of my 1-hr GD test locked online so I can't see them until after my monthly appointment with them tomorrow. I have very little patience, I just want to know either way... I don't want to call them today when clearly I'll get the result tomorrow, but I am SO SO TEMPTED. 
    WHYYYYYYY
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is "everything" an appropriate answer? 

Seriously, everything is pissing me off/rubbing me the wrong way today. I probably should have called in to work because I can't even...

I guess my real answer is the weather. High of 17 degrees (F) today (which is higher than predicted earlier this week...), low of -2. Colder tomorrow, and then when it heats up to a balmy 21 degrees on Friday and Saturday it is expected to snow a foot. Why couldn't the winter I'm pregnant be a mild winter?!?!

• @sunshine507 I'm impatient too so I completely get it
  • @kiyamurph go to your boss and tell them that you're concerned that she may have really hurt herself and there may be a workers comp case so she should probably be taken to the ER to be checked out.
    Girl yeah right! Omg I'd never hear the end of it. She hurt herself at home so it wouldn't be a worker's comp thing. If anything she needs to take her dramatic self to urgent care because unnecessary ED visits continues to drive up the cost of healthcare. Don't get me started on that particular subject! 
  • I never ask for anything-i never buy anything. My DH would agree about this, almost to a fault. He's constantly telling me I should spend money. I'm so so frugal. I still have clothes from high school and haven't bought myself a coffee in 8months kind of frugal.

DH asked about Christmas gift, and I told him I would actually really like stacking ring(s) with one including DD's birthstone, nothing crazy fancy expensive/but also not costume jewelry, and that maybe for a birthday/anniversary/or Christmas gift next year he could get me this LOs stone. i told him this weeks ago and he seemed so excited I was going to let him spend money on me and thought it would be a great present.
    Flash forward, last night he says he's just going to wrap the (used $50) baby carrier I ordered myself last month... Because he can't buy me rings when I'm pregnant and my hands are fat... 
  • @kjd291 OH *various expletives* no...

I would have LOST it. My husband said that my Christmas present is the double stroller I bought, so I feel your pain to some extent...

Do you think that he's serious? Would he set it up that he's not getting you anything so that the actual present could be a surprise?
  • @kjd291 that makes me sad  :(
  • @kjd291 I really hope your husband is just trying to surprise you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and also keep bail money for you on the side in case you need it.  ;)
  • @kiyamurph I misread and thought it said the back door instead of her back door. 

• @direwolfmini @kiyamurph I wish. sadly no, not his MO.  not that kind of smart or sneaky. Never surprised me with a single thing since the day i met him 6 years ago... so I'm not holding my breath. 

Best case scenario at this point is that he gets me anything at all.  Haha
  • kjd291 said:
    @direwolfmini @kiyamurph I wish. sadly no, not his MO.  not that kind of smart or sneaky. Never surprised me with a single thing since the day i met him 6 years ago... so I'm not holding my breath. 

Can you tell him that giving you something that you've already purchased for yourself is not acceptable? I think if it were me, I'd have two gifts for him...one a real gift and the other something of his that he already owns. After you've opened yours, decide which to give him.
    The issue with this is his gift this year is something he already bought for himself. Hah. But his is a several hundred dollar computer part... so... 
  • kjd291 said:
    The issue with this is his gift this year is something he already bought for himself. Hah. But his is a several hundred dollar computer part... so... 
    Well damn.

• So this morning (and this may be tmi, sorry!) as I took my usual morning poop it really hurt and I noticed a lot of blood after. I know it's not something I should be concerned about the pregnancy with since it was from a different hole & of course I had to google it to put my mind at ease, it seems like something just tore...still made me super nervous & say wtf! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF moment happened yesterday.  Mind you, this is the first time someone has asked to feel my belly, and it was a guy???  I mean come on man.  He is a friend of mine, but it was totally weird.  Next time, I'm going to say helllllll NO. 
  • @CanadianintheSouth i feel for you!

@serenity13 i would have said wtf too lol
  • @CanadianintheSouth yessss. This also is my daily basis WTF. 
  • also extending a WTF to the Army today. Well, not the whole Army so much as DH's command. All week I have been reminding him of my appointment tomorrow and making sure he can make it bc its an US plus glucose test and DS will want more entertainment than I'll be able to provide. Guess who just got the call that he can no longer make it to our 9am appointment! Thankfully my angel of a neighbor can watch him but shit like this happens all. the. time. We both cannot wait to move. I know the grass isn't always greener but it's hard to imagine it could get any browner...
  • kjd291 said:
    I never ask for anything-i never buy anything. My DH would agree about this, almost to a fault. He's constantly telling me I should spend money. I'm so so frugal. I still have clothes from high school and haven't bought myself a coffee in 8months kind of frugal.

DH asked about Christmas gift, and I told him I would actually really like stacking ring(s) with one including DD's birthstone, nothing crazy fancy expensive/but also not costume jewelry, and that maybe for a birthday/anniversary/or Christmas gift next year he could get me this LOs stone. i told him this weeks ago and he seemed so excited I was going to let him spend money on me and thought it would be a great present.
    Flash forward, last night he says he's just going to wrap the (used $50) baby carrier I ordered myself last month... Because he can't buy me rings when I'm pregnant and my hands are fat... 
    Wow, hoping he said this and is really planning on surprising you.  Can't even imagine how you are feeling. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• kjd291 said:
    kjd291 said:
    @direwolfmini @kiyamurph I wish. sadly no, not his MO.  not that kind of smart or sneaky. Never surprised me with a single thing since the day i met him 6 years ago... so I'm not holding my breath. 

Can you tell him that giving you something that you've already purchased for yourself is not acceptable? I think if it were me, I'd have two gifts for him...one a real gift and the other something of his that he already owns. After you've opened yours, decide which to give him.
    You should go out and get the present yourself. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• kjd291 said:
    kjd291 said:

You should go out and get the present yourself. 
    Yeah. It's just not the type of thing that I would ever buy for myself -- even if I made him wrap it for a "gift" just takes away the meaning/point for me, Plus I'm so bad at spending a couple bucks, I could never go through wirh it. Haha
  • @Gators&BoSox sorry lady :( that STINKS. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's my WTF from yesterday: 
    My assistant principal observed my class for 45 minutes yesterday. Who does a formal observation three days before Winter Break??? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's my WTF from yesterday: 
    My assistant principal observed my class for 45 minutes yesterday. Who does a formal observation three days before Winter Break??? 
    Whuuut? That's cray cray 
  • Ugh @kjd291 on the gift from DH -- sorry it went that way!! I think you should buy the stacking rings for yourself. ;)

•  My WTF  It's freezing outside with wind chills below 0 .  I need to wait for a shuttle to take me to my car and I can't even zip up my coat because of my protruding bump.  Not looking forward to this winter. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina

*raises hand* 
    My admin did that too. -__-  
    My first year of teaching, my first formal observation was during "dead week" right before finals, and my second year, with a new assistant principal, she came in for a formal observation the day we returned from Thanksgiving break. Come on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017!