January 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change - 12/15

Hope nobody minds if I start the thread this week!

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

What's going on this week (appointments, classes, etc)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY (stolen from December Thursday check-in): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change - 12/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks! Where did time go?

How big is baby? size of a rabbit! Or a pineapple.

How are you feeling? I feel fine physically but sad in my heart. Today is the 10 year anniversary of my grandmother's death. We lost her under sudden and tragic circumstances, and this year it feels particularly difficult. I'm going to spend the day doing things she likes and telling the baby about her.

What's going on this week (appointments, classes, etc): Had my last monthly appointment yesterday, now I start going every 2 weeks. Also went on a hospital tour last night and it made me so excited to have this baby!

Rants/Raves/Questions: my co-workers have been great at taking things off my plate so that my last few weeks at work aren't too hectic. I'm so grateful for their thoughtfulness!

GTKY (stolen from December Thursday check-in): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why? This probably sounds silly, but I'm really excited about the Aden & Anais swaddle cloths. They're so gigantic and soft!
  • Options
    Happy Thursday ladies!

How far along are you?
    37 weeks! I can't believe it.

How big is baby?
    Baby is the size of a honeydew melon, a tackle box, a skunk, or romaine lettuce.

How are you feeling?
    Definitely feel like I am starting to slow down a lot, although my husband would tell you otherwise.  He thinks I am a "pregnant lady on crack" with my nesting.  Lots of pelvic pressure this week.  I also literally wake up to pee 4 times a night.  It's excessive.

@MaryNog hugs to you today.  I know how you feel.  I have a lovely little pink pillow in our nursery that used to be my Nana's, and every time I sit in the rocker, I think about her and how happy she'd be about our baby.

Had my weekly check up today.  Tested negative for group b strep, so that's nice.  

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    My hormones are really raging right now.  Last night, I was making some bread for a potluck at work today, and I doubled the recipe so we could have a loaf at home.  Well, the one I made for us at home didn't really turn out and I literally cried.  Every day I feel like I might have a mini meltdown about something really stupid.  Whatever, I guess...people will just have to deal with the crazy pregnant lady.

GTKY (stolen from December Thursday check-in): Of all the baby things you have, what are you most excited to use, and why?
    Ooh what a good question!  I have a lot of cool stuff I'm excited about - our mobile, the little play mat we got, my diaper bag...one thing I am NOT excited to use is my breast pump.  It totally stresses me out to even look at it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34 weeks
    How big is baby?
    Size of a butternut squash
    How are you feeling?
    Some days fine and other days exhausted, moody, anxious, worried etc! FTM
    Nothing this week. Next Friday is my 2week OB appt and will probably get moved to weekly visits
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I am SO over work. It's so draining. By the end of the day my back is killing me and I just want to cry. Went down to 4 days a week this week and can pretty much choose what I want hour wise. Was thinking of going down to 3 days a week starting in Jan but am thinking maybe now just cut my daily hours. I just don't know! Not really ready to be home 24-7 just yet but the pain is getting to me. 
    Being a FTM I think I'm just ready to see her in her car seat and crib!