February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

Re: Symptoms Thread w/o 12/12

• Chef'swife you're in my thoughts. Grow, baby, grow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Prayers for you and baby @chefswife!
  • @chef'swife - positive thoughts your way!
  • Thinking of you ChefsWife!  
  • Thinking of you chefswife! Hope baby stays in for a few more weeks, at least!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Can I say how relieved I am that so many of us on here have had a sex life that's gone kind of stagnant. I could have sworn I would be the odd duck out on that account. I really don't mean for that to come off as heartless as it probably sounds.  My sex drive hasn't been particularly high per say, but DH hasn't shown any inclination to want to do anything either. It's kind of disappointing, but I'm at a place where I've just come to accept it.
    i have to say I hate being pregnant in the winter just because the change in temperatures wreak havoc on my nipples, my god they are so sore. That and my dry skin is way worse now than I think it normally would be. :/
  • MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited December 2016
    My hips hurt and i really need to do more about that - stretching and stuff.

Heartburn!

After my little episode with overdoing it a couple of weeks ago, I now have a wall: do too much and I put myself out of commission for the rest of the day.

But my rings still fit! And I don't think I waddle yet! Unless I have to pee... 

ETA: except for the mornings - I hobble like an old lady when I get out of bed bc my hips hurt so much  :(
  • @MommaBean the things I need to do seem to stretch far beyond my wall. It's so tough to make myself slow down, but I can tell I really need to. I'm a FTM too so I really shouldn't complain! I blame dinner. By the time after work when dinner gets cooked I'm just ready to sleep immediately. Usually H helps but he's still out of commission right now. 

My rings still fit too, but they were on the bigger side. I was waiting until after we have a kid to size them down. 
  • I'm now 32w5d!

If I don't sleep with my body pillow for whatever reason (the 4yr old makes her way to my bed and I'm squished in the middle and out of room, or I get flustered and move to the couch), I wake up with an extremely sore vaginal area. It's my pelvis, but it's THAT area. It hurts to sit. It hurts to move. It just plain hurts. I've figured out that as long as have that pillow between my legs, it gives me the support I need to not wake up sore. 

Baby feels like a 20lb octopus wreaking havoc on my insides. He beats my hips and everything else in there and it hurts. He's sitting super low according to the midwife from yesterday's appt (I have now graduated to biweekly appts!) and I can def feel him down there. 

Im definitely starting to waddle and have no idea what real pants are anymore. Not even maternity pants. It's all leggings and yoga pants (depending on the waist band) from here on out. 
  • I can't tell whether this is heartburn or just severe compression between my belly and ribs! Ugh.
  • Is there a such thing as lightening boob?  My left one feels like a knife is jammed through it!
  • Sorry to hear about your pprom @chef'swife ! Prayers for you and baby to stay healthy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @chef'swife Any updates? I've been thinking of you and hoping for the best, one pprom bish to another!
  • Here for any updates as well!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • So glad to hear good news @chef'swife! It sounds like you are in wonderful hands.
  • Glad you and LO are hanging in there, @chefswife! The hospital part sucks, but you guys are in the best possible place to get the care you need. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @chef'swife That's awesome! The first 48 hours are critical so the fact that you're just about there is great news. Will they induce you at 34 weeks?
  • Good news @chef'swife! Stay put, baby! Glad to hear you are in good hands.
  • foxrosyfoxrosy member
    edited December 2016
    Apparently I'm getting swollen too as my dad told me yesterday, "Well, your face is fat". At the moment I wanted to punch him and kick him out of my house. Today I just feel shitty with a SO who no longer compliments or touches me and now this from my dad. Not to mention the new mole on my face is actually a wart. All in my feelings today. 

• @foxrosy omg!! All the men in your life need a stern talking to. Gimme their numbers.

SITB.

What she said! They all need a sit down talk. Or a punch. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Thanks for the update @chef'swife! I'm glad youre in the best hands so baby can cook a little longer
  • Glad everything is going as good as it can be ChefsWife!

My nurse at my 32w appointment on Tuesday didn't like my bp or face swelling so they switched me to weekly appts to monitor. BP was still only 120/80 but it's been 100s/60s for most my pregnancy.  I spend the day being nauseous and nervous that this pregnancy is ending soon. 
  • ohstars said:
    Glad everything is going as good as it can be ChefsWife!

My nurse at my 32w appointment on Tuesday didn't like my bp or face swelling so they switched me to weekly appts to monitor. BP was still only 120/80 but it's been 100s/60s for most my pregnancy.  I spend the day being nauseous and nervous that this pregnancy is ending soon. 
    I'm sorry for the BP scare! This makes me so nervous to hear, though. I've had a 136 and 130 my last two appointments and am still on a totally normal protocol without even any activity restrictions or extra visits. I was also 100s until late-second tri, then had a couple in the 120s on the way up. It doesn't seem to me like something that should have such a vastly different protocol between practices. 

Hang in there. I've been reading a lot that higher BP in third tri is really common, but it's still relatively rare for it to turn into pre-e. FX that all will be fine and your practice is just being extra cautious.
  • tishbtishb member
    edited December 2016
    Sciatica is all flared up today  :( I had to have DH help me out of bed, and after standing at work all day, I get to go sit in a metal folding chair for my son's Christmas concert. Yes, I'll take some cheese with my whine.  :D
  • Sorry about the BP @ohstars! I find it a little odd that they are THAT worried about 120/80 - mine has been around that or even a little higher at a few appointments, and they were not remotely concerned (it's usually 110/70 or less). I started monitoring my own BP at home and keeping a log, to show them that it only seems to be higher AT the MW appointments (they said I may have a touch of white coat syndrome). They also started checking my BP at the end of my appt instead of the beginning, and it's been lower since doing that. Did they check in multiple times at your appt? My MW also pointed out that BP changes minute to minute, so even though yours was at 120/80, it may not be regularly that high. Consider going by the pharmacy a couple of times/week to use their BP machine, or buy an at-home cuff so you can monitor it at different times of the day. You might see that your BP is not consistently high, which could give you a little peace of mind.

And as @Xstatic3333 pointed out, BP does tend to get higher in the 3rd tri, and it rarely leads to pre-e. Hang in there, I'm sure it'll all be fine!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gotcha @ohstars. That makes sense given your history. Sounds like it's good that they're being cautious and keeping a close eye on things, but hopefully all will stay well!
  • There is something wrong with my vag. It hurts when I wipe. I don't see any of these nasty veins you guys are talking about, but whatever it is, I'm NOT happy about it!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have my work christmas do tomorrow so went to try on what i planned to wear. Only then did i realise how swollen my feet are because they literally wouldnt go into either pair of boots i had planned to wear! Today is the first time ive noticed my feet swelling to any noticable size.
  • There is something wrong with my vag. It hurts when I wipe. I don't see any of these nasty veins you guys are talking about, but whatever it is, I'm NOT happy about it!!
    Could it be that baby has flipped head down and is putting pressure?  I notice soreness on the front of my vag, not really when I wipe, but doc told me that baby was head down and taking up space in that area. 

DS stayed breach so this is the first time I'm experiencing this delightful kicked-in-the-crotch soreness. 
  • No it's not that. Although she is so low that my midwife couldn't even check my cervix last week there was so much pressure. It's more exterior. I just have to hope it's temporary!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @tishb try the forward leaning inversion on Spinning Babies  to help with the sciatica pain and see if your DH can help to gently massage the area while you're in that position too. It may help readjust/realign things and hopefully offer some temporary relief! But as they say... get into it SLOOOOOWLY! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker