June 2017 Moms

Just wanted to RANT!!!

Im currently pregnant with baby #4. I have 3 boys and my co-workers are finding out im pregnant but it pisses me off when they say oh she just gonna have a house full of boys boys boys and im like what if i do.. I hope i get a girl so they can shut it and I can be like what happened to your little comment about all boys?? I know im just ranting over NOTHING i guess i can blame it on the hormones.. LOL 

Re: Just wanted to RANT!!!

• Tell them to stfu
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get it! My MIL and DH whole side of the family wouldn't shut up about how I shouldn't get my hopes up for a girl because their whole family "only has boys"... you can imagine the joy I felt telling them that we are in fact having a girl! Lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's inevitable that people will make comments however inappropriate. People automatically assumed we were trying for a boy, so the comments when we found out we were having a boy were quite annoying, as if we wouldn't have been thrilled with a girl.  

People also assume if you have one of each then you can be done, people just interject when they need not to.
  • BellaO21 said:
    I get it! My MIL and DH whole side of the family wouldn't shut up about how I shouldn't get my hopes up for a girl because their whole family "only has boys"... you can imagine the joy I felt telling them that we are in fact having a girl! Lol 
    I'm sure you shut them up!! BAAM!!! A GIRL... Thank you very much and congrats. I hope to give the same answer to them soon
  • Assiram42 said:
    I think it's inevitable that people will make comments however inappropriate. People automatically assumed we were trying for a boy, so the comments when we found out we were having a boy were quite annoying, as if we wouldn't have been thrilled with a girl.  

People also assume if you have one of each then you can be done, people just interject when they need not to.
    My answer to them is i love being a boy mom and girls are cute when they are little but drama drama when they grow up. I don't have that right now but I'm not gonna lie I would love to experience to have a girl but if we don't than that's that. 
  • BellaO21 said:
    I get it! My MIL and DH whole side of the family wouldn't shut up about how I shouldn't get my hopes up for a girl because their whole family "only has boys"... you can imagine the joy I felt telling them that we are in fact having a girl! Lol 
    This exactly. Supposedly my husband's for family only has boys and guess what… Girl here! 
  • Momofboys said:
    BellaO21 said:
    I'm sure you shut them up!! BAAM!!! A GIRL... Thank you very much and congrats. I hope to give the same answer to them soon
    Haha it was the best feeling... I told my husband that I felt like Monica from Friends because my initial reaction (after the excitement that she is healthy) was "TAKE THAT X!!!" No joke.. haha
    congrats to you too! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • kfry22kfry22 member
    edited December 2016
    Assiram42 said:
    If I recall correctly, you have made several posts expressing your desire for a daughter, so I'm really confused by this post and some of your comments in it.
    @Momofboys I think this is "I want a boy" "I want a girl" deal is getting just a little bit repetitive and redundant. I don't think we need multiple threads about this in a week. 

Edited because the bump gods were against me creating a successful reply

• kassyfry said:
    Assiram42 said:
    If I recall correctly, you have made several posts expressing your desire for a daughter, so I'm really confused by this post and some of your comments in it.
    @Momofboys I think this is "I want a boy" "I want a girl" deal is getting just a little bit repetitive and redundant. I don't think we need multiple threads about this in a week. 

Edited because the bump gods were against me creating a successful reply

My exact thoughts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MomofboysMomofboys member
    edited December 2016
    EmeraldNCkassyfry  I dont mean to sound rude but if you dont want to read it, you dont have too or even comment for that matter. I do hope for a girl but if i don't its not the end of the world. Just because I am on baby #4 doesnt mean that Ive constantly tried for a girl and thats how my co-workers comments coming across. 
  • BellaO21 said:
    Momofboys said:
    BellaO21 said:
    Haha it was the best feeling... I told my husband that I felt like Monica from Friends because my initial reaction (after the excitement that she is healthy) was "TAKE THAT X!!!" No joke.. haha
    congrats to you too! 
    I can totally see you doing that!!! Once again congrattsssssssssss!!!
  • EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited December 2016
    @momofboys You are entitled to your opinion.  I am entitled to mine as well.  That is what TB is for... to give your thoughts/opinions on threads and interact with other posters.  No where does it say "only post if you agree."

With that being said... you have talked about (I believe even started) 3 different threads on this subject.  We get it... This is a major concern/topic for you.  I'm just a grumpy, moody, hormonal pregnant woman who rolls my eyes when I see YET ANOTHER thread on this topic in one week.

Edit:  PS - Like a PP already mentioned... We have a thread for this type of rant already on Weekly Rants.  Check that out if you want to continue to "rant" about the subject.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Elyse1384 said:
    Wino0920 said:
    @Momofboys same to you. If you bring up a topic, people are going to respond with all different opinions. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to read opposing opinions, posting topics might not be for you. 

To add, I clicked on this thread because the title was vague.  "Just wanted to rant".  I didn't know I was about to get hit in the face with another round of "I hope I get a girl".  As others have expressed, we have existing threads specifically for ranting (2 would have worked yesterday - WTF Wednesday or the weekly random thread) so I'm confused why this needed its own thread particularly when you had posted a similar sentiment a day prior.    

FWIW @Momofboys there are forums on the web for women who want to discuss "gender disappointment".  I know because my SIL joined one for her elective IVF procedures to try and have a girl.  This particular forum has women from all walks of life with varying opinions and experiences on an endless array of topics.  Naturally you're going to get women who feel differently than you on certain topics. If you put it out there in a public forum, people will comment.  If you feel judged or frustrated by the responses received, that isn't the fault of the community.  I just ask that you consider how some women here might feel when they read some of your threads about sex of the baby.  As I said on the other thread you started about this topic, I struggled for 3 years of IF treatment to finally have a baby.  It hurts my heart when I encounter women IRL or in a public forum who express any level of disappointment upon finding out the sex of their baby.  I could have done without seeing it twice from you over the course of 24 hours, but alas this is the internet and I can't control that.  AndPlusAlso, the other thread title was also not what I expected (hence my reading it and commenting).  I thought "Oh I have a boy!  I love it.  What will this be about?".  Andddd then the nope train started in my head.  

--I am sorry you are right maybe ti didnt ever crossed my mine as to how many women are struggling to get pregnant and would love to just a baby regardless of the sex. 
  • delujm0 said:
    OP maybe you should consider doing NIPT if you can afford it (many tests are only $100-300 out of pocket if insurance won't cover).  The sheer number of threads you have started on this topic suggest to me that the sex of the baby is basically all you can think about, so knowing the sex even a few weeks earlier might remove some of the stress from your life.  If it's a girl, great, if it's a boy at least you have some extra time to accept it.  I don't personally understand having such an intense preference, but it sounds really important to you, so it might make sense to just get rid of the suspense.
    Excuse me but who are you to tell me what I should do? If the sex of my baby is important to ME then that is my business and not yours. If i decide to find out sooner or later or not at all that is my decision. If you dont understand the personal preference of the sex than that is YOU!!! Not everyone thinks the same. 
  • @delujm0 Love that gif.. AND getting the NIPT seemed like a reasonable sugestion to me!

I read this yesterday and thought the same thing, just didn't say anything. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my thinking. I get the fact that for some gender disappointment is a real concern...but every thread the OP has started is on some variation of the topic.. enough already.
  • delujm0 said:
    Momofboys said:
    delujm0 said:
    OP maybe you should consider doing NIPT if you can afford it (many tests are only $100-300 out of pocket if insurance won't cover).  The sheer number of threads you have started on this topic suggest to me that the sex of the baby is basically all you can think about, so knowing the sex even a few weeks earlier might remove some of the stress from your life.  If it's a girl, great, if it's a boy at least you have some extra time to accept it.  I don't personally understand having such an intense preference, but it sounds really important to you, so it might make sense to just get rid of the suspense.
    Excuse me but who are you to tell me what I should do? If the sex of my baby is important to ME then that is my business and not yours. If i decide to find out sooner or later or not at all that is my decision. If you dont understand the personal preference of the sex than that is YOU!!! Not everyone thinks the same. 

Yeah...aaaaaand conclusion: troll.  I was actually trying to be kind and helpful with my suggestion.  Even though I don't agree with the threads that were started, I really thought it would help your stress level if you got the information earlier, so I suggested a way to do that.

Now I'm just going to go back to judging the shit out of you though.

LOL!!! Ok...... like i care if you judge.. Im might loose some sleep over that. 
  • ^^^ I just can't.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mombod said:
    Ok after that outburst over a polite suggestion I cannot anymore. This is ridiculous.

When my SIL was having her baby and doing a reveal we told our 5 year old niece "you get what you get, and you dont get upset".
    My niece got it. Did I mention she was 5?

Perfect! I say this to kids so much, always about things like which color marker you get or what part you play in a skit. I love it in this context! Definitely something self-entitled whiny moms need to internalize, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"