TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Check-in Week of 12-12

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)

3. Rants/Raves

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years?

Re: TTCAL Check-in Week of 12-12

• Options
    Good Morning!
     1) Not new but haven't done a reintro for the new faces in a while. I'm Julia, been TTC #1 for 38 months. Twin MC in May '15 at 18w3d. 

2)WTO, cd14. I have been Oing btwn 17-20 for the last 6 months so O should be soon. However DH is leaving for Panama early Weds morning so we'll BD tonight and tomorrow and just hope for the best I guess.

3)I'm starting to get sick so my temps are pretty skewed and for some reason this month I have like no CM. Usually I get it through my entire cycle and TMI* but lots of it. And now nothing. 
    My first bball game is tomorrow and today the HS called for a snow day so I cannot have practice (which we desperately need), but yay for a snow day and having tonight off to get caught up with Christmasy things!

4)I am a Christmas fanatic! And for 2 of the four previous Christmas' together DH and I have had a gingerbread house contest (last year we did a team contest against my parents so didn't do individuals), buying lots of candy, setting a time limit, hanging a curtain in the middle of the table so we can't see each other's and then posting to social media and letting everyone vote on them. I have lost every year..booo...but it's super fun!

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Your gingerbread house is a work of art! You should be on the Holiday Baking Championship (which I love even though I don't bake). Sorry that you are getting hit with snow and a cold at the same time...

Since I started this thread and then didn't manage to post myself, I'll get to it now!

1. Not new but we do have some new faces around here so: I'm 33 and DH is 30. MC February (10 weeks) and then benched for months because of Zika exposure. TTC since October. 

2. CD 18. I usually O on CD18 but my chart is being confusing and FF thinks I O'ed a few days ago. HIO and continuing to temp until the pattern becomes more clear. 

3. My rave is our new kitten. He has elevated the mood around the house so much. Since I work at home, it's been really nice to have a buddy and I'm so glad that he is (so far!) very calm and loves sitting on laps. 

4. I love Christmas and one of my favorite traditions is completing the advent calendar that my Grandmother made for me and my sister years ago. You get to hang a tiny ornament for each day. As I've gotten older, my Mom has saved it for me so I get to do it all at once now. I loved my Grandmother so much and am so grateful that she left so many nice memories for us. 

When I wrote this question I also thought about Thanksgiving and the year that DH and I told our respective families that we were going to the each other's family for the day, thus freeing ourselves up for a day of movies, pizza, and beer. It's terrible behavior, I know, but we were living apart at the time and since we only got to see each other on weekends we really wanted to extra quality time together. Every year we talk about renewing the "tradition" but have restrained ourselves! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)  TWW, 12 DPO (or 11, or 13, haha). 

3. Rants/Raves:  all the BFNs make for a sad start to the week.  My boobs are so darn sore, which isn't so typical for me so I was hopeful. Feeling crampy/blah this morning, though, so my guess is AF is on the way.  I'm feeling generally okay though as I have my first RE visit later this week and then we leave for vacation on Saturday. 

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years?  Definitely Christmas! My favorite tradition used to be going to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve. There was such good food and they gave gifts and numbered each gift so no one knew whose gifts were whose.  It was always exciting to see who would get number 1 each year.  This was followed by Midnight Mass, which was such a peaceful way to end the night.  We still do Midnight Mass but the days of going to my grandparents have passed and I miss that. 

@Wingless00 Love your Thanksgiving "tradition"!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Love those gingerbread houses - what a fun tradition!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) TWW. AF is supposed to arrive next Monday.  I have taken a couple tests and BFN so not that hopeful.  

3. Rants/Raves. Just left doctors and I have sinus infection and bronchitis gave me a bunch of drugs which he said were all safe if I was pregnant. Still a little nervous to take though

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years? Christmas is my favorite holiday.  My parents always made a big deal with Christmas and I do the same.  Lots of decorations, gifts and cookies.  Spending time with family.  
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) I intro-ed last week, but as a reminder:  me and hubby are both 31.  We had a MMC back in February and then learned our rainbow baby had several fatal defects and finally passed at week 20.  

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Benched.  

3. Rants/Raves I'm so over being benched.  I know I should wait, but I'm totally ready to get back on the train.  

Other rant - woke up this morning, made coffee, learned that we were out of cream...and milk.....UGH.  Now I have to drink black coffee.  I know, I know #firstworldproblems.  

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years?

My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas.  Considering my husband and I don't live near our families, and we're the only ones on each side who don't live near the family, our holiday tradition has become traveling.  I've traveled for every. single. Christmas. for the past 12 years.  Once we have kids, we will finally be able to have Christmas in our own home.  

The real/fun tradition is making Christmas cookies.  My grandma was a BIG baker, so I have some of her hold recipes.  I usually try and make some every year, but haven't yet this year.  I'm running out of time and am concerned I might not get to make them this year.  Her birthday was December 10, so I usually try and make some either on her birthday or the weekend surrounding it in memory of her.  But I didn't this weekend.... oops.   

@SoonToBeMommaHowe - I LOVE that idea!  I might steal it and make it a tradition in my house!!  Question - does each person go buy their own candy?  Do you guys go to the store together and group buy and everyone has free reign of everything?  Does one person just buy a ton and the other sucks it up and deals with what they are delt? Do you have set candy you buy every year?  I know, lots of questions.  

@wingless00 - Glad your little kitty is bringing you joy! My pups do the same for me.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe GL with the BD before your DH leaves! Will he be back for Xmas? Also a Monday snowday is always a nice surprise!

@wingless00 That's a nice advent tradition that I haven't heard of. I'm so used to the little chocolates I used to get as a kid so it's nice to hear of other ways to do it. 

@laeberge3  good luck with your first RE visit. Where are you going on vacation?

@Mack2342 yuck, sorry you're sick. I'm glad you got some meds that are pregnancy friendly. I don't blame you with the nerves about taking stuff in the TWW. 

@Tennis11785 Traveling in genera sucks, but during the holidays it extra sucks. Hopefully you'll be able to start your new tradition next holiday season!

AFM-
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) not new, but haven't re-introed in a while: Stephanie, MC in May 2016 at 17+4, CP Nov. 2016. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)TWW, 7 dpo. Trying not to SS and I'm glad that I'm super busy at work this week to keep me occupied. Prolly gonna test at 11 DPO Fri if my temps haven't dropped yet. Otherwise I'll just ride it out till AF shows. 

3. Rants/Raves:
    rave- Did the last of my bloodwork this am (homocysteine levels and day 21 progesterone). All that's left is my HSG which is scheduled for 12/27 but I'm hoping I won't have to do it bc I'll get a BFP by then. Wishful thinking. 

Does summer break count as a holiday? Bc that's what I look forward to at the end of every school year 
    :D 
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    edited December 2016

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) Benched and waiting for AF after my second loss.

3. Rants/Raves: Saw RE last week for the first time. It was much of what I expected, but the doctor was very nice (albeit very academic ha). Waiting on a slew of test results and once AF comes I am supposed to schedule 2 ultrasounds with the RE. Never thought I would want to see AF so badly. It has been 5 week now and am hoping it happens sooner rather than later. On a happy note, finally got a negative HPT (didn't really think I would ever want that either ha) so according to my RE we can go ahead and start trying again. We are honestly doing better than we thought and I think we might be okay with giving it another shot. Part of me is of course so terrified though because I keep telling myself 2 could have just been really bad luck, but 3.....just....harder than words

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years? CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS! DH and I spend the weeks leading up to Christmas watching/loving cheesey made-for-TV xmas movies haha. We also always watch love actually every year while drinking egg nog :)

@soontobemommahowe I am so impressed by those gingerbread houses! Mine always turn out looking like a  7 year old did it haha

@wingless00 I love  the Thanksgiving story! haha I might just steal that one year. Also, hooray for the new kitten :)

@laeberge3 sorry for the BFN's, but glad you have your first RE visit. Just had mine it was a big mix of emotions for me, but glad we have a plan moving forward. Hope yours goes well!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe love the gingerbread houses.  That look awesome. I have attempted to make them before but they didn't turn out lol

@Wingless00 glad you kitty is working out. I just love little kittens they are so cute and fun to watch! 

@laeberge3 I hope you have good visit with your RE. Also enjoy your vacation!  

@Tennis11785 I totally understand the traveling.  My DHs family lives near us but mine is 4 hours drive.  So we switch each year with thanksgiving and Christmas so we spend one of each with each side and the rotate for the next year.   We are having our own family Christmas on the 23rd before we travel.  

@szwill86. I think summer break counts!  I sometimes envy a teachers schedule.  I think I would enjoying having a couple months off at times but I also enjoy taking time whenever I want.  
  • Options
    @mack2342 - that's what we do.  Travel to one family for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas.  Easter used to be in that rotation too, but that got to be too much.  April is a crazy month for us, and it ended up that we were doing a trip to see each family in the later winter/spring/early summer (major birthdays, first holy communions, birth of nieces/nephews, etc) so it just got to be too much.  So out of the rotation it went.  

In a perfect world, I'd love to host Thanksgiving.  I have visions of everyone traveling to us, having a full house, spending Thansgiving day cooking with family and listening to Christmas music, and then spending Friday/Saturday with the family decorating the Christmas tree.  And not in a "help me decorate my tree so I don't need to" but in a "fun holiday tradition that we do every year" type of way.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 lol with all the questions. We did it two ways: 1st year we set a limit of $20 for each person to buy their house and any extra candy they may want but then we thought $40 was too much. So the next year we set a limit of $25 for the houses (typically $7 each) and candy and then we split evenly all the candy. It's so fun but my DH is super creative and meticulous so he always wins. 

Thank you everyone for gingerbread compliments. As a spoiler mine is #2 and DHs winner is #1. But do you see the candles in the windows of #2?!? How did those things not win?? Lol

TW* Another tradition we will start in the future is wrapping 24 books and numbering them as our advent calendar. Opening one book a night and reading it as a family. I've already started buying Christmas books for various ages. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe  Love the gingerbread house but I am always curious...what do you do with them afterwards?  Eat them?

@Wingless00 Animals make everything better!  It also helps to have a constant distraction!  Your cat is adorbs.

@laeberge3 Hope the vacation is amazing and you are able to relax and enjoy yourself.  I rather spend every cent I have saved on vacations rather than things.

@Mack2342 Ugh! I have a sinus infection too.  It has been crazy weather time here in New England.  Cold then hot and wet then dry...it's been havoc on my allergies and sinuses. 

@Tennis11785 I'm on the bench too.  It sucks.  I want to hop on a train, any train and take me away!  

@szwill86 Right there with you with the summer break.  Best holiday of the year!!!  

AFM

1.  Still newish  I guess.  I am 36 hubby 32.  We had an ectopic 9/23.  It's crazy because right after I had the ectopic I was so lost, and in the dark.  Now, I feel like I could write a book about HCG, LH, HSG, OPKS, HPTs blablabla

2. Benched until 2 full cycles (No AF yet but she is near.  Cramps for days)

3. Rave...Late opening today because of the snow!  I got to take a bath, play with my dogs and slowly go about my morning as opposed to the usual rush I experience every morning.  You'd think after ten years of teaching I would get my morning routine in check Nope! 

4. GTKY: This is going to make me sound like a Grinch, but I actually have extreme holiday anxiety.  I get so nervous about everything being perfect, and everyone having a good time that I cannot enjoy a minute of it.  It's gotten better over the years but I still dread the time leading up to the holidays when I feel overwhelmed.  

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe I love your gingerbread houses! Mine have never turned out even half as good, at which point I start eating them. I'm sorry you're dealing with a weird cycle month with your DH leaving soon. 

@Wingless00 That advent calendar sounds amazing!! And I'm so happy to hear that your new furbaby is brightening up your days. We have two cats and a dog and I swear they make every day new and different with their antics.

@laeberge3 I hope you have a fun vacation!

@Mack2342 I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick around the holidays, but hopefully the meds help you feel better fast.

@Tennis11785 I hear you about always traveling for the holidays. My DH is in the Navy and before we were married I was in grad school far from home, so it seems we're always traveling to see one family or the other. 

@szwill86 FX for your BFP this month. 

@GG620 The bench is so frustrating! It's great to hear that your HCG is low enough for a negative test. I'm waiting for the same, but I think I'll have a couple of weeks yet.

AFM-
    1) I intro'd last week, but I'm still pretty new so I'll do it again. *TW- LC mentioned* I'm 28 and DH is 38. We had 2 CPs prior to having our DD. I'm currently still recovering from a D&C last Monday at 10 weeks for MMC or possible blighted ovum.

2) Status- Benched until the bleeding stops or we get the green-light from my OB.

3)The bleeding suddenly got a lot worse with big clots passing last night and today, so I hope that doesn't extend my time on the bench. I'm eager to start trying again, but I'm also a little nervous that this MC could mean that my pituitary adenoma is back again. But my endocrinologist won't treat until we've had two back to back losses or have been TTC for 6 months.

4) Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday.  We always end up traveling for the holidays, but I make sure to decorate our house and a tree as soon after Thanksgiving as I can so we have time to enjoy our own decorations.  Then I have to take them down before we leave because our cats will eat any unattended garland.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laeberge3 sorry for all your BFN's. I hope your RE appt goes well. 
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe you could do a "Chopped" edition of the gingerbread houses and give the other team random items they have to use. That's such an awesome tradition!

1. Hey ladies! I'm Amber, DH and I are both 38. Cycle 4 after being benched for 7 months due to Graves' arising from my MC. 
    2. Early TWW. Unsure DPO as had some issues with OPKs. Testing 12/23 unless AF shows. 
    3. Nah. 
    4. GTKY: mine used to be Thanksgiving, a holiday of all eating, but I think last year my fave turned to Christmas. The only family we have here in Oregon is DH's cousin/wife/kid, who we spend Thanksgiving with (all other relatives live across the country). Christmas used to be with them too until last year when we decided to just stay home and watch movies all day (of course, it was the day our BD led to KU but that's another story). It was such an awesome day we are repeating it this year. Though I wish sometime I was closer to either of our families, even just for a, "let's have your mom over for dinner" or something. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 your thanksgiving idea sounds awesome.  I would love to do something like that too but not sure it will ever happen that. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe. Love the book idea! Hope you get to start that soon! 

@justsuzie hope you feel better. 

@babypi. Thanks  hopefully you don't get benched longer and have no other issues 
  • Options
    1. Not new but mmc in March and another mmc in August.

2. Just waiting for AF :/

3. Rant- see above - after a string of BFNs I am just waiting for AF. There was my usual AF breakdown this weekend - this process is just so long and hard. But I am feeling better now.

Rave - we are getting out puppy this week!! Im hoping the puppy will help end this year on a happy note. Its already providing to be a distraction as we get all our puppy supplies, get our house ready and I have to call around to a couple of vets this week too. But Im very excited I feel like this is exactly what we need. Ill share pictures on here once we get her.

4. DH and I have a couple of Christmas traditions - when ever we go on vacation we always get an ornament as a souvenir. Its always fun to find our ornament when we are away ( even DH gets into it) and I love bringing them out and remembering our trip when we decorate our tree. We always go out to breakfast at this cute little diner in the country every yer before we go and cut down our Christmas tree. And one night during December we get hot cocoa and ride around and look at all the Christmas lights and listen to Christmas music.

@soontobemommahowe - I love that gingerbread house tradition and might not to steal that too. Your houses looked incredible! GL with your game.

@wingless00 - Glad things are going well with your kitten - does it have a name yet? And I love that Thanksgiving memory - sometimes you just need days like that.

@laeberge3 - Im sorry you are getting AF too - the silver lining is at least we get it out of the way before Christmas. Last year it came on Christmas day for me and that was not a good ttc day. ): Gl with the RE - let us know how it goes and have fun on vacation!

@tennis11785 -Im sorry you are still benched - its so hard when you are ready and just want to try again. I love your baking tradition - you will have to share some pics if you do it this year ( but you can always take a year from a tradition too!).

@justsuzie- I hear you on the book - I feel like I have learned a whole new language with all of this! Im happy you finally may be getting AF -you have been so patient.

@GG620 - Im glad you RE visit went well. Egg nog and Love Actually sounds like the pefect holiday tradition. Thats my favorite holiday movie.

@babypi - hope you are feeling better today!

• Options
    @szwill86 We're headed to Washington, DC.  We're both pretty big into history and I'm especially into politics, so it should be a good time.  Just hoping the weather cooperates for flights out and back!

@TScalei Yay for the new puppy! Can't wait to see pics.  :smiley: DH and I also try to pick up an ornament each place we go, and it's always fun to reminisce each year when the tree goes up.  We went to Gatlinburg earlier this year and got a free black bear ornament and I think that's DH's favorite.

@Tennis11785 I loved your Christmas tradition.  We used to go over to my grandparents house and help with cookies too.  We've tried to continue that tradition even thought my grandma can't really help so this year we're doing it with just my siblings and mom on December 23 - nothing like waiting until the last minute!

@justsuzie Isn't it crazy how much you learn going through this process? My friends think I'm some sort of fertility savant (though I'm far, far, far from it!)

@babypi Welcome.  Sorry your bleeding increased; hopefully it ends soon and you can get back on track for TTC again.  I hear you on cat-tree destruction.  Ours loves all things ribbon, so my presents always look all chewed up, too.

@amberruka Your Christmas day does sound perfect.  That's DH's and my plan for Christmas Eve this year - watch It's a Wonderful Life and relax. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Haha! I LOVE your gingerbread house contest tradition!

@Wingless00 Bahahaha on your Thanksgiving "secret"! That's hilarious. Sometimes, you just want to spend time with each other!

@Tennis11785 One of my dreams is to host Thanksgiving at my (future) house! I love having people over but our apartment isn't that great for a large crowd right now.

@TScalei Can't wait to see pictures of the pup! I really want a dog but for now I settle with visiting my in laws' dog (I'm the dog's favorite, they all call me his girlfriend :D )  

1. TTC #1. D&E in October due to MMC

2. TWW. 7 DPO. Symptom spotting like it's my job but no real symptoms (yet)...

3. Rave: I had a great weekend with my mom and sister. H was away for a guys weekend so I got to go to a craft fair with my mom and then we all watched the Gilmore Girls reboot (finally -- we were waiting to watch it together) and ate a lot of food!

Rant: Have to go pick up H from the airport tonight. I hate going to the airport because one time I got a speeding ticket on my way home (my first and only!) and I'm always worried it will happen again :#

4. Christmas! I've always loved Christmas. When I worked in the hospital, I used to work every Christmas (to let the moms have it off!) so my mom and sister and I would have our own "second Christmas" on another day to celebrate. Now that we get pulled in all different directions with extended family and in laws, we pick a day every year for "second Christmas" and celebrate with just my mom, my sister, me, H and my sister's husband (sometimes my dad stops by too). I love it. This year we're all wearing Christmas pajamas and I'm hosting!!
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Options
    @oliveoil  I just started rewatching Gilmore Girls from the beginning. It's going to be my snowday ritual.  I was able to get an episode in this morning during my delayed opening. Coffee, toast and Gilmore girls, great morning. I can't wait to watch the reboot but I bet I won't get to it for a while!  
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new)
    Second week on this board after my CP last week. Info in the siggy.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)

WTO Currently CD 8--entering FW today. Last cycle, I O'd on CD 13.
    We are going to go for it this cycle and HIO 1-2 times. So just a relaxed effort, nothing big. If I O on time, we will likely hit -4 and -2 because DH leaves town on Friday morning and I should O on Saturday.

3. Rants/Raves
    -Had a pretty good day overall other than super weird upper right abdomen pain....hoping it's not my gall bladder.

Hmm....not a big holiday person. I do like 4th of July because its right before my birthday, fire works are cool and I love the summer weather. We usually go to a symphony and fire work show in the park.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 I've noticed that every time I feel anything in body that is not typical I over-analyze it. I never used to do this before.  Now, every time I get a cramp I feel like it is a symptom of something.  I miss normalcy.
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe  Awesome Monday snow day for you.  Love the gingerbread houses.  Such a fun tradition.  

@Wingless00 So happy that the kitten is bringing you guys so much joy.  Love the special Thanksgiving you guys spent together.  Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  

@laeberge3  Yay for vacation.  Hopefully the RE visit will be helpful

@szwill86 FX for you.  I agree with you.  I do love my summer breaks and all the regularly scheduled school breaks.  

@Tennis11785 I would love to host Thanksgiving too.  DH's mother is in her 70s and still hosts.  Him and his siblings have not even broached the idea of someone else hosting.  They are afraid of bringing it up to avoid hurt feelings.  
    @justsuzie  so jealous of your delayed opening.  Those are the best.  My district hasn't had one in about 6 years.  I had to go to school on time on Monday.  Womp womp.  I am also very attuned to my body and every twinge. 

@TScalei  Can't wait for puppy stories.  It's going to be great!  

Introduce yourself (if you're new)  1st preg.  Both 35.  Diag mmc 10/20

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.)  7DPO

3. Rants/Raves I work at a clinic on Monday and Tuesday nights.  Hate the long work days, but love the extra pay check!!

4. GTKY: What's your favorite holiday? Do you have a special tradition that you have maintained over the years?  I really don't have a favorite holiday.  Holidays weren't big in my family so it wasn't like we had all these traditions to carry on.  I do enjoy Christmas but I feel like by the time I get into the spirit Christmas is over and I'm left with the frigid air, slushy streets and nights that get dark way too early.  I'm hoping to start our own traditions when we have a family.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe Your gingerbread house is amazing!
    @Mack2342 I hope you start feeling better soon sinus infections are to the worst!
    @Wingless00 Snuggley kitties are wonderful.
    @szwill86 FX you get your BFP
    @TScalei Yay a puppy!
    @dragonfly87 FX this is your month

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new) Introduced last week. Details in siggy

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO CD8

3. Rants/Raves Just issues with work. There's been some turnover in the shipping department and a lot of mistakes are going on. In good news, DH is back to working 40 hour weeks (he's been working 50-55 hours since mid-September). It's nice to be able to eat dinner with him and spend quality time before we go to sleep.

It's a tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We host Thanksgiving so it's nice to have both families all together. I love seeing the big table with everyone around it. I love celebrating Christmas with my in-laws. They have a tradition where "Santa" brings each of us kids one big present. Instead of name tags they each come with an ornament and we have to figure out whose present is whose based on the ornament. It's something that I really want to do when we have our own family.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @kariann323: FX for you too! Are you going to jump back in to TTC? We are close on CD (I am at CD 9) and typically O on 13. What about you?

My doc recommended waiting 3 months (with no good reasoning), but we aren't going to wait. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 Yeah, we're jumping right back in. Our OB said that we could start trying right away. Last cycle I O'd on CD20 the cycle before it was CD13. I'm hoping this cycle I O closer to 13 and am back on my 28 day cycles that I had before BC. We thought about waiting but our OB wasn't sure if the MC was caused by low progesterone or if the low progesterone was caused by the impending MC. Basically the only way to find out is to get KU again. I figured if we did wait I would just spend that time worrying which isn't super helpful.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @kariann323: I have a similar thought. If there is a "body issue" I would rather know sooner rather than later. As sad as it would be to MC again, I would rather start looking into solutions. Waiting three months and potentially still having problems would be more frustrating to me.
  • Options
    @justsuzie. That's great!  I'm glad you found a good doctor and feel comfortable with them. So important 
  • Options
    I'm so glad @justsuzie!!

• Options
    Glad you had a good appointment, @justsuzie!!

• Options
    @justsuzie I'm so so glad you got into a practice with a good OB. It definitely makes all the difference!